Instructions for Testing Jalavoui's Intel Wireless Drivers

Lofn

61 posts in this topic

i haved failed.

my log information when i install the iwifi kext:

Feb 28 14:58:45 wangjunmatoMacBook-Pro com.apple.kextd[10]: Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/iwifi.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

Feb 28 14:58:45 wangjunmatoMacBook-Pro com.apple.kextd[10]: Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/iwifi.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

Feb 28 14:58:45 wangjunmatoMacBook-Pro com.apple.kextd[10]: Load darwin.iwifi failed; removing personalities.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hallo, i dunno if anyone tried it, and if is of some kind of importance, but i downloaded the 2200 stabile and added the product id of the 3945 into the original 2200 kext, after doing this, the 3945 was recognised as 3rd party AirPort card, the connection showed up in the network propreties, and i get both wi-fi icons in the toolbar. I was using kalyway 10.5.2 on my hp6820s with 3945 onboard.

Obviously the connection detection part not worked and was stucked in an endless loop with nsGUI. This is some kind of expected result. The 3945 is an scaled down economy version of 2200 with parts of firmware needed to be done in software, but in the other hand they have most things in common and such was the result either.

I was surprised with my simple test that the 3945 was recognised as an AirPort because the 1st goal of the 3945 development version is this task and furthermore never achieved by the "original" version itself ???

I`m working hard now to find the breaking points of 2200 vs 3945 and its specifics. Today i re-compiled the 2200 driver with implementing 3945 firmware, and seems i`m close to something ...

I hope this will help someone ?

definetly will help me atleast

i have a Sony Vaio TZ11MN and i have 3 days since i try MAC flavour of os

its awesome in appearance but a pain in the ass till all the drivers will load or be develloped

for the moment i'm stuck at wifi Intel Pro 3945ABG / 4222 /8086

and the best result was with VoodooIntel3945-05 i manage to see my wifi home network but it not conects

VoodooIntel3945_05.zip

• 5 weeks later...

I'm new to this and the only driver that I still don't have working is for my wireless. I have read the posts saying that there isn't any driver for 4965 ABGN, however that was sometime ago. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any working driver for this?

definetly will help me atleast

i have a Sony Vaio TZ11MN and i have 3 days since i try MAC flavour of os

its awesome in appearance but a pain in the ass till all the drivers will load or be develloped

for the moment i'm stuck at wifi Intel Pro 3945ABG / 4222 /8086

and the best result was with VoodooIntel3945-05 i manage to see my wifi home network but it not conects

I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4064, which has been upgraded to 4GB Ram. I am currently running a dual boot system of Windows 7 Enterprise and Mac OS X 10.5.8 updated. My system is now showing as a MacBook Pro through the "About my Mac" window. I too have been trying to figure out how to get my wifi Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG working in the Airport menu. I am not sure how much help I can be in this fight as I am a novice to the OSX86 world (Found out about OSX86 for the first time yesterday, started tinkering yesterday afternoon, and was up and running after software update through apple around early evening). I have a strong windows background, and I learn quickly. With that being said, we are all aiming towards the same goal of getting the 3945abg to work in 10.5.8, and if there is something I can do to help, say the word. I will search my butt of to figure it out. I currently have the VoodooIntel3945_05.zip downloaded and I am playing with that. Any thoughts or advice for me as to what I can do to help?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
I'm new to this and the only driver that I still don't have working is for my wireless. I have read the posts saying that there isn't any driver for 4965 ABGN, however that was sometime ago. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any working driver for this?

if anybody knew, he would keep the secret for himself! lol why would he gave it to you... :D

go learn some hacking :D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"intel wimax/wifi 5150

mac os x 10.6.4

install drivers from http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ for 5150 10.5

but occurred kernel panic with message invalid sandbox profile"

you try to use Leopard (10.5) drivers on 10.6 (SNOW). This is your "invalid sandbox".. Wrong version. Not every Leo driver is compatible with Snow.

^_^

• 2 years later...