Can we modify the BrazilMac Method for DL Install Disk?

BJMoose

7 posts in this topic

What would one need to modify in BrazilMac's Patch to create a bootable Dual Layer disk of the full original installer? I we could do that, then we'd have all install options available, including languages, printers, and x11. Just wondering out loud.

I think it should probably be as easy as just editing the 9a581-patch.sh and commenting out the lines where it does the removing of the languages, xcode, packages, etc. The file is pretty well commented with echo statements, so it is fairly easy to tell what you are doing.

Looking farther down the script, it looks like it specifies the single layer DVD size (SIZE="4481M") so this would need to be changed - I'm not sure if that impacts anything else in the section.

I did it yesterday, just take out the lines where the X11 , printers and languages are removed.

Don't forget to leave the rest ( ie removing kernel etc.)

The correct number should be 7868M , its the size of the ISO beeing created.

Then burn to DL-DVD. Mine gave an error verifying but disk is ok and works great!!

But if you already have the singlelayer disc installed, you simply can install the packages from the original leopard dmg.

You are absolutely right, and that is certainly easy enough to do, but in my constant search to have a one disk solution for making my hack as close as possible to the real thing, I'm always looking for ways to combine things into a single step. Hopefully, when the first efi inclusive installer disks arrive, there will be a way to convert them too. I also understand that a disk that size will present problems for some when it comes to uploading and downloading. That's why I'd like to figure out how to do it on my own.

BJ I'm with you. I've been looking at the script but I'm very new to OS X and am not sure what parts are absolutely necessary. What I would like to do is create an DL install disk that installs an unmodified Leopard. I would then use the pc-efi patch to get it to boot and modify only the minimum kexts necessary. Take a look at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=69665 there's a modified script to create a DL DVD. I would still like to make one with an unmodified kernal, etc...

SMF