New AGPGart

Slice

941 posts in this topic

Slice,

how do I use the Applescript from zarac?

Maybe the output is usefull for nvidia problem.

it is a simple automator app.

you have to enable root user (Open Directory Utility located in Application » Utilities. You may have to unlock Directory Utility to make changes. Once it's unlocked, go to Edit » Enable Root User, and then type in a password for your root user.)

then go to system preferences - accounts, and set root user to logon automatically. add this app to your root user 'login item'.

dsmeg and ioreg will be written to your root user folder (/private/var/root/) on every boot.

but be careful as they will be overwritten on the next gui boot (with the same app), so boot -s after your test and copy files somewhere else. do it when removing AGPGart.kext

you can open the app with your leo automator and edit it to your needs

Can anyone confirm my hypotesis that we can get working AGP graphics ONLY with kexts and frameworks from system 10.4.7 or below because of another DMA using?

Does someone knows which kexts and/or frameworks to use from 10.4.7 to fit for GeForce 5200 in Leopard?

Than I'll give it a try.

Search here

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t36886.html

and look for large package natit-uni that contains all necessary for nVidia.

But sorry I dunno Leo.

slice, i'm using x850xt AGP with device id 5d52. i can make resolution works with callisto b008. however the qe/ci still not supported. i've installed AGPGart 2.6 and still not working. hope u can help. plis refer ioreg as attached. thanks.

First of all please more details.

Chipset VIA?

CPU?

OS version?

What is happen with AGPGart? Can you boot?

What version of ATIRadeon9700 are you using? Is it patched? How?

Now I work on Radeon problem at another threads

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1235&st=320

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...7944&st=160

Can you join to our testings?

NEXT

running on asrock 4core dual vsta. its via PT880 chipset. CPU pentium 4 LGA775 3.74Ghz (non dual core). using OSX 10.4.8 from JAS.

1st i've installed using callisto. got resolution working but not qe/ci.

then try installed using AGPGart. did start up but stuck during osx load. then i just run using safe boot. stuck at 1024x768 resolution. i didnt change the ATIRadeon9700.kext. really, i didnt know which one should i use. just use the one that comes with jas10.4.8 osx.

i'll try to join the testing. i'm a bit slow on this kind of thing. but i'm willing to do it. thanks!

Is this AGPGart a solution for blue screen with cursor??

Your deviceID=7288 is not supported internally by ATIRadeonX1000 even if you write into info.plist.

May be X2000? What driver are you using?

Your deviceID=7288 is not supported internally by ATIRadeonX1000 even if you write into info.plist.

May be X2000? What driver are you using?

I have the drivers from x1950gt thread, but if I install them I get blue screen with cursor. The others with pci-e don't get this.So I miss something.

I have the drivers from x1950gt thread, but if I install them I get blue screen with cursor. The others with pci-e don't get this.So I miss something.

There are many successful reports at those thread with AGP card. Are you carefully read all of them and follow instructions?

There are many successful reports at those thread with AGP card. Are you carefully read all of them and follow instructions?

Yes, but they are all Pro-s, not GT-s.And only the latest posts are speaking about agpgart.

AGPGART has nothing to do with blue screen; u must use IONDRVSupport 10.4.7 in order to pass the loginwindow with X1600PRO cards and some other X1000.

AGPGART only gives AGP support in order to give full bus access. In my case it never worked expect for AMD and PPC system.

Let me know about ur bug Gergo.

AGPGART has nothing to do with blue screen; u must use IONDRVSupport 10.4.7 in order to pass the loginwindow with X1600PRO cards and some other X1000.

AGPGART only gives AGP support in order to give full bus access. In my case it never worked expect for AMD and PPC system.

Let me know about ur bug Gergo.

Hi Cyclonefr!

Ok I'm noob. What do I have to do?Where can i get them?Could you please write me the things? I send my email, than u can send me the files.Now I have a Kalyway 10.5.1 install stock, without anything.

Do I have anything to gain by using AGPGart? I have an Intel based motherboard with the 865 chipset, and a NVidia FX5700 AGP card, working nicely under XxX 10.4.11 with Titan. QE/CI works, but have slight hiccups while scrolling, playing video, etc.

2.49 and 2.60 both hang with a bluescreen just before I expect to see my desktop. AGP apature size set to 128MB, no change at 256.

Do I have anything to gain by using AGPGart? I have an Intel based motherboard with the 865 chipset, and a NVidia FX5700 AGP card, working nicely under XxX 10.4.11 with Titan. QE/CI works, but have slight hiccups while scrolling, playing video, etc.

2.49 and 2.60 both hang with a bluescreen just before I expect to see my desktop. AGP apature size set to 128MB, no change at 256.

You might you natit-uni.pkg that contains other versions of nVidia driver and OpenGL.Framework.

And you need new IOPCIFamily.kext

hey Slice sounds good u have working AGP?

unfortunately IOPCFamily from nun chan doesnt work on my leopard system it seems to goes in conflict with my IOUSBFamily and beach ball of the death :(

Which version of IOPCIFamily is it? my 10.5.1 system runs IOPCIFamily 2.4

thanx for ur effort seems bad it doesnt work for me maybe the source can be fixed

already tried it

but in fact weirdest thing i could encounter

i get and AppleUSBEHCI error telling me Iomap is null and unable to get device memory

but in fact this bug is fixed by removing my AGPGART driver which was the think i was hoping to use ur IOPCIFamily eheh bad luck for me :::)

EDIT2: tested and crash with both AGPGART 2.49 and 2,60, i gave AppleI386PCI.kext latest version a try booted normally but still PCI performance under xbench

@Slice

There must be some memory allocation error in your AGPGart or maybe in Chan-nans IOPCIFamily. I get the same error as cyclonefr. the ehci driver cannot get device memory, are you sure you dont allocate to much memory space? :)

I have

K8T800 Pro

chan-nan IOPCIFamily for Leopard

AGPGart 2.60

@SLice

I noticed some differences between joblo 2.1 and your version 2.60 of AGPGart that I thought was worth to mention. Joblo 2.1 works just fine in Tiger but not in Leopard as you know and your version gives the same fault as we previously reported with other kexts claiming they cant allocate memory space.

These values appear to be different (I assume Aperture and Bridge memory range is the same thing)

AGP: Aperture [d0000000:08000000]

AGPGart: Bridge memory range=[f9f00000, fbffffff]

What do you think?

Joblo 2.1:

AGP: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device.

Aperture req: 0x08000000

AGP: Detected 1 Hammer Miscellaneous Control unit(s).

AGP: Aperture Base[0]: 0x00000068

AGP: Aperture [d0000000:08000000]

AGP: Setting AGP v3 mode 8

agpMaster->masterState before enable 0

AGP master state 00000000

NTFS driver 2.0 [Flags: R/O].

Slice 2.60:

AGGGart: capptr=80

AGPGart: Bridge memory range=[f9f00000, fbffffff]

System:

AMD Opteron 144

VIA K8T800 Pro chipset