Recover non-booting Leopard after CPUThrottler install

V3RNi3

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I was looking for a way to silence my C2D after leopard was making it very very noisy, and I installed ACPI CPU Throttler, but I hadn't noticed that this was for 10.4.8 or 10.4.9. Now every time I try to boot it goes into kernel panic. I tried to boot with any possible combination of the F8 options (-s -x -legacy etc) but none will boot. I tried booting from the tiger cd and renaming the failing file but it still fails. I don't have a leopard DVD as I installed from the flat image.

Does anybody know how to repair? Please be precise with the entries as well as I don't know the system very well yet. Thanks

Hi all, I was looking for a way to silence my C2D after leopard was making it very very noisy, and I installed ACPI CPU Throttler, but I hadn't noticed that this was for 10.4.8 or 10.4.9. Now every time I try to boot it goes into kernel panic. I tried to boot with any possible combination of the F8 options (-s -x -legacy etc) but none will boot. I tried booting from the tiger cd and renaming the failing file but it still fails. I don't have a leopard DVD as I installed from the flat image.

Does anybody know how to repair? Please be precise with the entries as well as I don't know the system very well yet. Thanks

rename file should work, and dont forget to delte Extensions.mkext