Natit_Dual v0.02 on BrazilMac Leopard Install with 7900GS and Dual DVI broken mouse after sleep?

adrian.c

3 posts in this topic

I've got a BFG 7900GS running fine with Natit_Dual v0.02. Dual DVI works, QE/CI, everything seems fine -- except when:

1) I put the system to sleep and then wake

2) Unplug the second monitor

The same thing happens: the system wakes up, and everything works no problem, but the mouse cursor won't move. Mouse buttons appear to work just fine, right clicking brings up context menu, etc, but the pointer won't move. In all cases, replugging the mouse makes absolutely no difference.

In the first case, when the system wakes up, the second monitor never comes back from power saving mode.

I get messages like the following in my system.log:

Nov 12 20:39:55 toad kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change X: oldDx=0 dx=-55

Nov 12 21:01:12 toad kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change Y: oldDy=-1 dy=49

If I boot up without the second monitor plugged in, sleep and wake works no problem, and the mouse works after resume.

Is there any way to debug this? Anyone have any suggestions for things I might try?

System specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600

8GB DDR2 800 RAM

BFG GeForce 7900GS w/256MB RAM

2 x 500GB Hitachi SATA drives

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

dude i feel you, i had the same problem i went crazy for the longest time. searching forums and everything to no avail. seems that nobody has found the solution, but i think i may have finally found the solution to put htis problem to rest.

i went into settings, keyboard & mouse, trackpad, disable ignore unwanted trackpad movements.

i think that's what's causing the error to happen after sleep or even if the computer stays untouched for a long period of time.

i also didnt have ignore trackpad when mouse is present checked, so i guess the os confused my mouse with the trackpad and kept trying to block the movements. tell me if this works, and lets spread it around because there are sooo many people with this problem.

I've got a BFG 7900GS running fine with Natit_Dual v0.02. Dual DVI works, QE/CI, everything seems fine -- except when:

1) I put the system to sleep and then wake

2) Unplug the second monitor

The same thing happens: the system wakes up, and everything works no problem, but the mouse cursor won't move. Mouse buttons appear to work just fine, right clicking brings up context menu, etc, but the pointer won't move. In all cases, replugging the mouse makes absolutely no difference.

In the first case, when the system wakes up, the second monitor never comes back from power saving mode.

I get messages like the following in my system.log:

Nov 12 20:39:55 toad kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change X: oldDx=0 dx=-55

Nov 12 21:01:12 toad kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change Y: oldDy=-1 dy=49

If I boot up without the second monitor plugged in, sleep and wake works no problem, and the mouse works after resume.

Is there any way to debug this? Anyone have any suggestions for things I might try?

System specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600

8GB DDR2 800 RAM

BFG GeForce 7900GS w/256MB RAM

2 x 500GB Hitachi SATA drives