Num Lock - External Keyboard

iPhrankie

2 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have an external PC keyboard plugged into my MacBook Pro. I'm running Windows via Boot Camp with InputRemapper v1.0.04.

When I turn on the Num Lock via the external keyboard, the num pad works fine. However, the letters on the keyboard also act as a num pad - m = 0, k = 2, i = 5, etc.

It seems to think the external keyboard is like a laptop keyboard when the num lock is turned on.

I hope this makes sense. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank You / Than2 Y64

Hello All,

I have an external PC keyboard plugged into my MacBook Pro. I'm running Windows via Boot Camp with InputRemapper v1.0.04.

When I turn on the Num Lock via the external keyboard, the num pad works fine. However, the letters on the keyboard also act as a num pad - m = 0, k = 2, i = 5, etc.

It seems to think the external keyboard is like a laptop keyboard when the num lock is turned on.

I hope this makes sense. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank You / Than2 Y64

If you don't need to use the numlock function on the macbook keyboard you can remove the remapping of the num-lock key so it doesn't change the remapping table in input remapper. Another possibility is to disable Input Remapper while you are using the external keyboard. Just click the Input Remapper icon and uncheck "Enable Remapping".