Milking Your Money

REVENGE

23 posts in this topic

nobody buys memory from apple and apple prices it that high so people don't bother them with built-to-orders (which delay shipping are a big pain when/if they get returned). apple sells products and they're not that interested in custom systems (unless they're getting thousands out of it, i.e. mac pro), i don't see why people get all offended at this.

Jeez, of course Apple Memory is more expensive.

Apple Memory has been hand crafted in small batches from a secret family recipe handed down for generations, by skilled Artisans, under the careful supervision of a Master Artisan. Each DIMM is painstakingly crafted, inspected, signed, and numbered by each individual Artisan, before being carefully selected, and matched to your Apple branded product.

4GB on a macbook? Overkill perhaps?

Not in Leopard.

Open up Photoshop and Dreamweaver, along with Safari, iTunes and Adium in the background and say bye-bye to the stock 1GB.

I remember the days when 1GB was "overkill", though. That was all but 2 years ago.

4GB = future proof.

Not in Leopard.

Open up Photoshop and Dreamweaver, along with Safari, iTunes and Adium in the background and say bye-bye to the stock 1GB.

I remember the days when 1GB was "overkill", though. That was all but 2 years ago.

4GB = future proof.

Right now I have Photoshop CS3, Simultron (dreamweaver? come on, straight code it), MSN Messenger, iChat, Mail, Azureus, iTunes, Keynote, Web-sharing, MySQL, MySQL Query Browser, Mozy performing a backup, and Safari running with my stock 1GB, and it is running great. And this is coming from a guy who's desktop has 4GB of memory.

Right now I have Photoshop CS3, Simultron (dreamweaver? come on, straight code it), MSN Messenger, iChat, Mail, Azureus, iTunes, Keynote, Web-sharing, MySQL, MySQL Query Browser, Mozy performing a backup, and Safari running with my stock 1GB, and it is running great. And this is coming from a guy who's desktop has 4GB of memory.

Yeah, I prefer to not use the page file. You can keep the slowness thnx.

And dreamweaver > *.

• 1 month later...