Make a new forum for Music (Instruments, etc.)

~pcwiz

Do you want a MUSIC forum?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a new MUSIC forum?

• Yes
    • No

20 posts in this topic

Umm lets not deviate from our main forum goal OSX, OSX86, Everything Mac etc.

I am sure there are many other forums dedicated to music, which would be glad to accommodate you.

I would be active if it were created..I play the piano.

---

I still think there are too many sub-forums. The Video forum/audio forum/Photography forum and possibly the web design forum could all be joined as they are relatively inactive...

The Apple TV forum (which also is relatively inactive) is in the 'Macintosh' category yet iPhone/iPod in the OS X one...The forum just seems a bit disorganised and cluttered IMO.

I count 42 sub-forums. :(.

Yeah - it does seem slightly cluttered. If anyone wants to come up with a decent forum structure design, or suggestions on moving sub-forums to different sections - please do share your opinion(s) with me.

:(

My suggestions:

- Make a subforums inside Applications under OS X:

iLife (and move the iLife content from the iLife+iPod forum into here)

Mac Gaming (and move all the content from the Mac Gaming forum)

- Combine the iPod and iPhone forums into one: iPod+iPhone and stick it under Macintosh. Move all the iPod content from the iLife+iPod forum and put in here.

- Delete the iLife+iPod forum once the contents have been moved

Do all that and then we can see what else to do.

My first thoughts were the same as U.C.s, we're deviating too much into an area which has nothing at all to do with OS X or technology.

Even if every single member in InsanelyMac played an instrument and would benefit from this I would still say No to the idea. Simply because if yoi dilute the site too much it will become worthless and people will go to more hardcore OSx86 sites (and we know there are a few out there).

Sorry pcwiz.

Yeah but we might as well, as there are forums for web design, audio, video, real life and everything, why not Music?

I voted no and I wouldn't be against seeing "real life" "laughs" etc removed too but I understand why they are there.

~PCWiz, isn't it a bit hypocritical to talk about the forums becoming slow in another thread, but then suggest adding more non OS X/Apple related forums that might bring in more users that have no interest in OS X/Apple?

Edit: Well it appears the above might be your ISP.

Maybe if insanely wanted to branch to other areas that a subdomain would be better than adding forums?

(Although a music subdomain with the insanelymac.com address might look weird, but you get the point.)