The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread!

antaholics

718 posts in this topic

mine is 0592
Haven't got Windows installed :D Just VmWare
i got bluetooth to work after modding bios, you should enable both wifi and bluetooth from windows, then reboot without touching the switch. and fn+f2 does really flash the LEDs under the touchpad, but i dont think it affects anything
Yep. Windows screws Bluetooth. Don't know why, but it does
-f doesn't reverse the sequence of loading kexts as far as i know.... it just reads off the actual kexts instead of the mkext, and then rebuilds the mkext with the new kexts. if you don't do that, sometimes it will still load the old extensions instead of your new ones.
That's why I said AFTER KP. I'm assuming that an incorrect cache can cause the KP to happen. So, AFTER KP, and on reboot, why not try to rebuild the cache with -f, on startup?Got it? :)

always repair your permissions, incorrectly repaired files can cause system to not work properly, use a program called diskwarrior or something if you do not know how to do it through the terminal.

Regarding the Bluetooth, it could be your release screwing it up, BT is universal so MacOSX has the drivers built-in by default because there is only one company that distributes it, Cambridge Silicon Radio, maybe gets rebadged by Toshiba etc, but it still comes from Cambridge originally

My switch works, I don't have windows i have fully turned my laptop into Leopard only, haven't had a problem since.

What do i need windows for when i use crossover to run windows software on my mac :D

You could try WIDCOMM who create the software side of things, but Apple has it built-in to all there OS's.

If you want Bluetooth kexts, try the F3JP BT Kexts i have below

BT Kexts

josh

Guest undefined
That's why I said AFTER KP. I'm assuming that an incorrect cache can cause the KP to happen. So, AFTER KP, and on reboot, why not try to rebuild the cache with -f, on startup?Got it? :)

nope :D what's the reason for rebuilding the caches since i delete them everytime i install a kext?

Hello everyone!!

As mentioned before, Undefined and I have been working on a tutorial for installing Leopard on Asus laptops, and now it is done!! The new thread is here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=98504

I strongly recommend everyone to move the discussion over there, as we are all discussing Leopard anyway, and this is a Tiger forum. :P

Cheers,

Ant

Try these ICH8 bridge files, i've edited them for you, these files should work because they work off exactly the same way Azalia kext worked, give it a try please, Audio drivers should not cause panics, never had that before.ALC660 ICH8Also your model is ALC660-VD

atlee

I tested your kexts on my Asus F9S with ICH8 and ALC-660-VD.

The only working thing is the internal MIC. I can choose between internal spks, earphones and digital output as out devices, I can show spk icon, but my notebook still remain silent...

No working mute switch.

Max

Hey!!!

I need help.

Yesterday i installed Leo4All V3 on my Laptop Asus F3SC.

After install alternativ kexts, all works fine.

Nvidia 8400 m g (all works)

Attansic 1 GB Lan (works)

Realtec Sound (works, no mute)

2 Cores works (with mod bios)

But now my problem. My DVD Burner don't work.

When i look under this mac. No DVD Burner is installed.

I can't read in the f3sc topic's for the asus laptop's from problems with the dvd burner.

I hope you can help.

My System.

Leo4All V3 with installed vanilla kernel 9.2.2

Cpu Core2Duo T7100

160 GB Harddrive

Multinorm DVD Burner

2 GB 667 DDR2 Ram

Nvidia 8400 m g

1 GB Attansic Lan

Nvidia Wlan (don't work, no kext)

Desktop:

Alu Imac 24.

Laptop:

Leo4all V3 mit Vanilla 9.2.2 Kernel

Asus F3SC

8400 m g

160 GB SATA

Multilaufwerk

Chipsatz: Intel

Proz: Core2Duo 2 x 1,8 GHZ T7100

Lan: Attansic 1 GBL

Sound: Realteak

Can anyone help me!.

I have everything working apart from the modem which i don't use and the card reader which i do use.

The Vendor is Ricoh and device is 0x0592 can anyone help. I've already tried chuns patch and that didn't work!

Hacktrix i can tell you 100% you dont have your sound working, maybe it makes sound but fully working?

WOB impossible :(

The internal mic works headphones work and speakers to it is working. Sorry unless your def is different to mine.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a F3JR still using Windows Vista home edition and the bluetooth doesn't work.

I've already read that people are saying that windows mucks up the bluetooth but i was hoping someone could possibly give me some hints or pointers or what not. I've already tried fiddling with the antivirus so it can go through but no luck.

thanks

M*Jxxx

Please can someone tell me how to turn off my web cam after i use it in Skype,MSN ! After i end my calls it wont turn off and that annoying flash light will be on. The only way i know how to turn it off is to restart computer...Is there easier way to do it?

Model F3SA

• 1 month later...

I decide my problems whit my sound (all working now ... +iternall mic thanks to Alex IT's modifed info file ) ,BUT NOW AND I'M SURE THIS IS FROM THE NEW KEXTS -AppleHDA and HDAInject now the SHUT DOWN didn't work .

If somebody can help - PLEASE !!!

I try whit 10.5.2 Leo4All/v2 and 10.5.4 iDeneb - the same problem ... before I fix the Audio - Shut Down is fine ...after that - just become black screen ,but the computer still work...