Iphone or Hackintosh ?

Ahmad Farah

17 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

building a hackintosh is like an art. It requires specific hardware, not any hardware will work without having to put effort into tweaking. By far the best way is to search the osx86 wiki for the version you are going to install. find what ISO people used and what hardware and buy exactly that. Its too much work to do patches because it requires understanding unix and command lines are outdated. What I did was get the kalyway leopard and install it on a P4 3.0 GHZ (haha beat that core duo! bet you cant find a core duo at 3.0ghz) and a ECS 915g-a motherboard, and a x1650 video card with device ID of 71c2 and everything worked out of the box, including QE/CI. I did have to install the Natitx1600 package off my 10.4.11 disc to get resolution changing and rotation. Dual display doesnt work, but with larger LCDs getting cheaper, and having a 22 inch, dual display is gettings more and more useless! My sound ethernet, sata, all work perfectly. sometimes when i shut down, it doesnt turn off it just sits there with a blank screen, but i leave my pc on all the time anyway. The whole set up cost me $120 off ebay, and that includes the video card and 2gb ram. im not counting the case or hard drives since everyone has those laying around. Id say get both.

my dream would be to have in addition to my iPhone, a iMac instead of my hackintosh, an Apple TV, and a Time Capsule. of course the time capsue will come first

iPhone + MacBook counts? I'm really happy with those.

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of contract, why not use iPhone with that contract?

Because I was on Verizon. It just expired 2 weeks ago and I got an iPhone last sunday.

I suggest an iPhone. You get internet everywhere, and you don't have to worry about carrying an iPod and a phone with you, when you can have everything in 1 device.