http://www.mediafire.com/?112kzz1g1lp

Z

gneely74

gneely74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks Zaiden. I just tried your files, but same result. Below is a copy/paste from my system profiler. Any ideas what is keeping CI/QE from working? Do I need some other kext for HW accel?

ATi Mobility Radeon x1700:

Chipset Model: ATi Mobility Radeon x1700
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71d4
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Built-In: Yes
Core Image: Not Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported
Display:

Zaiden

Zaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Mmm... it should have worked...

I don't know what could it be. You could try upgrading to Leopard 10.5.1 (I have) and see if it works there

Wipmac

Wipmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
hi pentiumiv,

the backlight problem as mentioned in that answer in this thread by sylvanus...

Hi

Thanks but if you'd read on, I've actually tried those but the ATIinject.kext gave me split screens and the backlight was not on.

Update: Okay, managed to get 1280x800 resolution but backlight is still not on. Any ideas how to get it to switch on?

pentiumiv

pentiumiv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

hi pentiumiv,

the backlight problem as mentioned in that answer in this thread by sylvanus...

ATINDRV 1.4.32.17 in post #120
and my ATIinject.kext.zip

don't forgot type your EDID.

it's all perfect on my F3JP (1440x900) with internal LCD even i through RMA to replace a new LCDpanel.

Attached Files

gneely74

gneely74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OK I have upgraded to iATKOS 10.5.1. When I use the files posted by Zaiden in #122, I get a blue screen at boot, with a "ghost" cursor that doesn't move as well as a real movable cursor. But the screen remains blue with no other graphics ever printed to the screen.

If I replace just the ATIRadeonX1000.kext with the original, I get booted normally, but the system profiler says this:

ATi Mobility Radeon x1700:

Chipset Model: ATi Mobility Radeon x1700
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71d4
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Built-In: Yes
Core Image: Software
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported
Display Connector:

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Zaiden

Zaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
For Leopard, you should use this files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8tz9tobcleg

pentiumiv

pentiumiv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Step 1: Edit your ATIRadeonX1000.kext
+ Use 0xED to hex edit ATIRadeonX1000 binary file in ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS
Replace all "DE71" with your id (in my case is D571) . It should be only 2 replacements

+ Use property editor or text edit to replace "71DE1002" with your id ( in my case is "71D51002" )
+ Replace org kext with your edited kext . Reboot . With this you can get QE/CI but still 1024x768 resolution & mouse tearing .

from "thehuan" post #53

in your case D571=D471 (binary),71D51002 = 71D41002(info.plist)

gneely74

gneely74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
@Zaiden: It works!!! It works!!!! It works!!!!

Thanks to TheHuan, Zaiden and all the others!!!

sliva

sliva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi all.
I tested a all methods of this branch, but never succeeded.
I used to install KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 after installing the card correctly defined and there is support QE / CI, but there is no way to change the resolution and artifacts observed mouse. Using the Files of the links on this branch, I had the normal resolution, but that does not work backlight display.
Everyone who has a desire to help can give all the details they need. Thank you

Steve85

Steve85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Okay , I will list the file you need .
+ ATIRadeonX1000*
+ ATIRNDRV.kext
+ 10.4.5 ATINDRV.kext ( from my files in previous post ).

Here is the step (details you can read on my previous post)
First copy all file I list to Extensions & chmod , chown .
1) Edit RadeonX1000.kext with your device id (hext edit & plist edit) --> you should get QE/CI with 1024x768 & mouse tearing
2) Instead of using ATIinject , use my new edited Natit ( you only need to replace included EDID with your EDID ) --> you should get full resolution with QE/CI

PS : If you don't know clearly about any steps , post here . Please read my guide carefully about hex edit , plist edit , replace kext . Only use my ATINDRV.kext & NatitX1700.kext , remaining files use org file included with your installation & edit your own .
@all : I replace ATIinject with my edited NatitX1600 & get much more stable driver , no weird behaviour at boot time , ... . So if you encounter problems with ATIinject , use my new file . Only need to replace EDID , no need to edit device-id . I hex edit included natit file to get model name X1700 , so if you want different model name hex edit your own .

Hi to all!
First of all sorry for my English.

I finally did it!

1280x1024 with CI/QE and no artifacts nor mouse tearing!

I followed thehuan way:

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1
Asus F3JP AP029P Ati Radeon x1700

I modified the kext atiradeonX1000(in /System/Library/Extensions) as thehuan said:

step 1: Edit your ATIRadeonX1000.kext
+ Use 0xED to hex edit ATIRadeonX1000 binary file in ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS
Replace all "DE71" with your id (in my case is D571) . It should be only 2 replacements
+ Use property editor or text edit to replace "71DE1002" with your id ( in my case is "71D51002" )
+ Replace org kext with your edited kext . Reboot . With this you can get QE/CI but still 1024x768 resolution & mouse tearing

(replace kext means using sudo etc,.. i did it with kexthelper modifying the script (i changed chown -R root:wheel in chown -R 0:0)
Reboot

Obtained 1024x768 with no mouse tearing

Then I replaced atindrv with that in Leopard x1700.zip brought by thehuan. Reboot

Nothing changed (fortunately!!)

Then I tried with atiinject modified with my edid and device id........TRAGEDY......The system boots, blue screen, unusable

I started in safeboot, i managed to erase atiinject

Reboot and back to 1024x768 with ci/qe.

Now I used natitx1700.kext brought by thehuan modifying not only the edid, but also the device in info.plist

TA DA!! Resolved. I'm writing from leopard which I dual boot with win xp using darwin bootloader.

I wanted to explain as accurately as possible my story because perhaps also the problem with atiinject brought me to te solution. I'm a noob and I tried to be as clear as possible for other noobs.

I hope this message can be useful for you!

greetings

P.S. The first boot was perfect, the second garbage screen, now I'm at the 5th reboot and it seems to be stable. I hope this can last forever!! :angel:

Attached File  Picture_1.jpg   115.76KB   139 downloads

I don't want to send you a file with the kexts because I think it's unuseful. Try to modify your files in the way I wrote. Atindrv and natitx1700 are available in previous posts from the huan.

For the newbies, don't think to be poor of knowledge about mac. Try to learn how to do modifications and why. It's better and it's more probable you can obtain good results. I never owned a mac, I started my experience with mac a week ago and today I also know some terminal commands that can be helpful. Search this forum for everything. I think there's almost everything in this forum!! Thanks to all who made this possible, kalyway, thehuan, koszlowski and the others!

wildmind

wildmind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
In what way can I change Device ID in NatitX1700.kext. Replace only EDID didn't help.
What type of EDID key must be String or Data?

righteye

righteye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

In what way can I change Device ID in NatitX1700.kext. Replace only EDID didn't help.
What type of EDID key must be String or Data?

Must be Data. Something like
<key>LVDS,EDID</key>				<data>EDID here				</data>

Chers

Jason R.

Jason R.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Has anyone been able to achieve external monitor support on their notebook? Shortly before the new year, I was able to get get a nice Leopard install completed on my ThinkPad T60p (v5250), including QE/CI support using drivers provided in this and other threads. The main sticking point though was getting the VGA out on the T60p working with my Dell 2407WFP monitor. I gave up after about a week of trying various methods, but still feel I must have missed a simple step along the way.

In either case, I'd be interested to know if others have been successful getting an external monitor hooked up and running the proper resolution, whether it be on a T60p, or other notebooks. I'm sure the procedure is quite similar regardless of model.

Thanks,

Jason

python1564

python1564

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I would really appreciate any help here: I have an Asus F3JP with the ATI Mobility x1700. I installed uphuck OS X 10.4.9 r3 and system profiler tells me that and the device id is 0x71d5. It's running at 1024x768. What do i do to increase the resolution?

torpie13

torpie13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi Folks,

I've got an Asus F3JP laptop, with an ATI x1700 graphic (1680*1050) 71d5.
I've Installed this drivers with ATIinjetc.kext everything works perfectly (Hardware acceleration, full resolution 1680*1050, no mouse tears...).

Then I noticed a little problem: the ATIinjetc caused instability at boot time and only at boot time !!!
Sometime the GUI boot OK, then the next time the GUI boot's into a black or a white screnn (Freeze).

I looked at loaded extentions: sometimes AtiInject is loaded sometimes not.

So, I(ve got some question to the experts :
- Did you face the same weired instability from ATIInjetc ? if so, then, do you have a solution for this ?
- Why can't we use an unified driver for our x1700 ( I mean whtever EDID, the same way as for x1900 or HD2600) ?

Thanx alot for ure answers.

BTW I'm using iAktos 10.5.1

Cice

Cice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hey guys i need quick help, i always get sth like "kext was not installed properly", i dont know what to do, im quite new to this. ive tried repairing permissions and deleting extensions.kext etcwell i managed to get past this "not properly" message, problem was, the user i was working with had no passwd, and so all this sudo stuff didnt really work :(. i simply tried those files from zedian and now i get some really weird graphical output after startup, how can i revert, boot into safe mode or sth like this?

(quick help via icq maybe? 50738635, someone?)

python1564

python1564

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Hello there,

This should be the first Topic for those that have the x1700 graphic cards and can give or they need help getting Qe/Ci enabled no matter on what version of kernel or system version.
There are 2 metods of getting the card working on full resolution an internal and/or external display:
1. using the ATIinject.kext ported from the one for x1600
2. with the Diabolik's Natitx1600.kext also modified
The responsible for the Vram (memory) is the ATINDRV.kext
ATIRadeonX1000.kext enables the Qe/Ci ...

We should keep the faith that someone will figure out how to put all together and get a full compatible driver. Later i'll post the files i use now and a few ideeas about.

Ok ... This are the files i use now on my laptop and works full resolution but no Qe/Ci
Those that want to use this files are wellcome but they should change the device id if is not 0x71d5 and the EDID ... There is no need to put the external display EDID (i just figured that) and the internal display will work with no problem at native resolution.
The ATIRadeonX1000.kext you can edit or hexedit ... the result is kernel panic

NEW
All with the ATi x1700 should be able to use this kexts
This files are only for Leopard, and are working to on 10.5.2 update. Not working after Leopard Graphics Update, the result is a black menu and some system windows.
Remember to change the EDID and to chown and chmod the installed kexts.

All the best

I have a mobility x1700 device id 0x71d5 and i used the new files that you provided and I have QE/CI enabled. Teh resolution is set to 1440x900. My screen is 1680x1050 max, so i have the screen repeating in the bottom and right sides. how do i fix this?
btw im using Kalyway 10.5.1 with vanilla kernel.

Asus F3JP
Mobility Radeon x1700
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0 GHz

Attached File  DSC00081.JPG   55.63KB   63 downloads

righteye

righteye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

I have a mobility x1700 device id 0x71d5 and i used the new files that you provided and I have QE/CI enabled. Teh resolution is set to 1440x900. My screen is 1680x1050 max, so i have the screen repeating in the bottom and right sides. how do i fix this?
btw im using Kalyway 10.5.1 with vanilla kernel.

Asus F3JP
Mobility Radeon x1700
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0 GHz

Attached File  DSC00081.JPG   55.63KB   63 downloads

this files are for my system, an asus G2P ... so i believe is a problem from EDID

Also you should try the ATiinject.kext that someone else provided previously
or just try to edit the com.apple.boot.plist like this

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and write this inside

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1600x1050x32@85</string>

also you can try this files http://www.mediafire.com/?f0ddjmhctvp that lemnisk8 posted earlier.
and replace just ATiinject, ATiNRDV and the AtiRadeonx1000 files ... the rest should be the originals from your install DVD

All the best

torpie13

torpie13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
@righteye: Are your drivers stable, esessially after boot ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy