The Device ID for you is 71d4 so you tried the wrong files ...
Anyway, hope this files will help you. Also remember that ATINDRV is only 32 bit so you have to boot with arch=i386 to have loaded the 32 bit extensions.
The EDID is diferent than the ones i have but if you get it from windows than possible to be correct.
Repair permissions and rebuild the kextcache.
24 downloads Let me know what is new about ...
Hi Righteye, thanks a lot mate, great your effort to help us out.
I tried your new files and still no resolution change. It's something with the framebuffer I suppose, I think it's not activated the right way.
I was using ATIinject + ATINDRV from my 10.5.8 installation, all in 32Bit and it was working well.
I was using also a modded ATIRadeonX1000.kext from 10.6.4, loaded properly and QE/CI working.
Then I made an EFI string from ATIInject for my card: Working.
Then I wanted to go more vanilla and tried the 10.6.4 GU kexts.
With ATIINject and EFI string I've got
ATIRadeonX1000 loaded (working QE/CI)
But no res change at all: fixed screen 1024x768 with artifacts
Same with your files, no resolution change possible. (Tried also with the ATIInject for v5250 you've made for amana - same result)
Tried also GraphicsEnabler=no from chameleon, modded chameleon boot file,,, short every "solution" floating around.
Next steps: roll back to Chameleon RC3 (some reported graphic bugs with RC5)
Making EVOEnabler for v5250 based on ATIInject
BTW: I learned that plists are cASeSenSITIve, so writing 71D4 or 71d4 isn't the same thing.