808 replies to this topic

righteye

righteye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Hello there,

This should be the first Topic for those that have the x1700 graphic cards and can give or they need help getting Qe/Ci enabled no matter on what version of kernel or system version.
There are 2 metods of getting the card working on full resolution an internal and/or external display:
1. using the ATIinject.kext ported from the one for x1600
2. with the Diabolik's Natitx1600.kext also modified
The responsible for the Vram (memory) is the ATINDRV.kext
ATIRadeonX1000.kext enables the Qe/Ci ...

We should keep the faith that someone will figure out how to put all together and get a full compatible driver. Later i'll post the files i use now and a few ideeas about.

UPDATE Saturday, December 6, 2008
EDID collection so far thanks to: thehuan, diablo1, mashr00m, surban, Xess666, altee, bien_van_khat, nesek17, Obsan1ty, rumpel0815, Zero_G, eternal404, stolenSheep, xorti, python1564, torpie13, Gaming Warrior, patchscratch, amana and all that provided info and feedback and are not mentioned here:

AsusA8JP Attached File  AsusA8JP_EDIDs.rtf   1.52KB   224 downloads AsusF3JP Attached File  AsusF3JP_EDIDs.rtf   1.61KB   674 downloads AsusG2P Attached File  AsusG2P_EDIDs.rtf   651bytes   197 downloads AsusV1JP Attached File  AsusV1JP_EDIDs.rtf   624bytes   128 downloads FireGL V5250 Attached File  FireGL_V5250_EDIDs.rtf   928bytes   247 downloads
Some of you reported that ATIinject worked for you some others that Natit was the good one ... so i decided to put here the files:

AsusA8JP ATIinject/info.plist Attached File  AsusA8JPAtiinject.zip   26.2KB   228 downloads AsusA8JP Natit/info.plist Attached File  AsusA8JPNatit.zip   1.51KB   142 downloads
AsusF3JP ATIinject/info.plist Attached File  AsusF3JPATIinject.zip   65.55KB   649 downloads AsusF3JP Natit/info.plist Attached File  AsusF3JPNatit.zip   63.56KB   450 downloads
AsusG2P ATIinject Attached File  AsusG2PATIinject.kext.zip   20.36KB   262 downloads
AsusG2P Dual ... You need the EDID for DFP1 and you have to boot with it connected DVi and VGA Attached File  AsusG2P_Dual_ATIinject.kext.zip   21.21KB   196 downloads
AsusV1JP ATIinject Attached File  AsusV1JPATIinject.kext.zip   20.32KB   125 downloads
FireGL V5250 Attached File  FireGL_V5250_amana_ATIinject.kext.zip   21.06KB   243 downloads
FireGL 5250 for 10.5.5 system you have to use the other original files and an injector with your EDID Attached File  FireGL5250ATIRadeonX1000_1055.kext.zip   443.85KB   214 downloads

The other files needed:
AtiNDVR and ATiRadeonx1000
10.5.2 NO LGU i foud that are 2 diferent posibilities that work: Attached File  10.5.2_NO_LGU_1.zip   780.32KB   112 downloads and Attached File  10.5.2_NO_LGU_2.zip   758.04KB   77 downloads
10.5.2 + LGU Attached File  10.5.2___LGU.zip   779.35KB   120 downloads
10.5.5 Attached File  10.5.5.zip   798KB   317 downloads
Update 10.5.6 Files Attached File  10.5.6_ATINDRV_AtiRadeonX1000.zip   1.85MB   433 downloads
For 10.5.7 Update have a look at Device id and download as follow : Attached File  71D5.zip   926.96KB   339 downloadsAttached File  71DE.zip   882.47KB   99 downloads
10.5.8 Update
Attached File  71D5.zip   448.97KB   605 downloadsAttached File  71DE.zip   448.97KB   231 downloadsAttached File  4ATINDRV.zip   353.11KB   355 downloads

Snow Leopard ?
Here some files and how to for device id 71D5
I'll come back with more for more devices when i have some time ... Also ... someone able to recompile Atindrv for x64 ? Or if you find more info how can be done ... Here we are waiting :D
For the other devices id's ... the procedure is the same as in Leopard so ... do not bother testing and kext hex editing and plist updating to suit your video.

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Update
For those that have the Device Id 71D5:Attached File  71D5_10.6.2.zip   603.01KB   206 downloads
Those with Device Id 71DE:Attached File  71DE_10.6.2.zip   603.01KB   92 downloads

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Update
Some people reported that you must keep the old files ATiRadeonx1000(related files), AtiSupport, AtiFramebuffer from the previous version ... Also you can try this:
Device ID 71D5 Attached File  71D5_10.6.3.zip   610.94KB   368 downloads
For those with the Device ID 71DE just change inside the AtiSupport.kext/Contents/info.plist the string IOPCIMatch to
0x71de1002 and remove the ATI1600Controller.kext and use the injector used before ... That should do it.

Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Update
Device ID 71D5 Attached File  10.6.4_71D5.zip   638.32KB   154 downloads
For those with the Device ID 71DE just change inside the AtiSupport.kext/Contents/info.plist the string IOPCIMatch to
0x71de1002 or download this already patched and updated Attached File  10.6.4_71DE.zip   234.63KB   143 downloads (the first one was wrong) and remove the ATI1600Controller.kext
Use the old injector ...
May be useful the vanilla Attached File  ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip   403.22KB   98 downloads only for 71DE
Some minor change on atiframebuffer so you might need it all of you Attached File  ATIFramebuffer.kext.zip   102.84KB   137 downloads it is for 10.6.4 all devices ...

Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Graphic Update - September 2010
Attached File  GU_1064_files.zip   339.2KB   76 downloads - Support and Framebuffer
Attached File  GU_1064_71d5.zip   405.86KB   108 downloads Attached File  GU_1064_71de.zip   405.25KB   48 downloads - for each device id; hope it will work for you.

Snow Leopard 10.6.5 Update - November 2010
This will be my last update on this post. Sorry guys but i have to move on ...
Remember that this files i prepared for 71d5 but you can modify yourself for the device id you have.
The info.plist from the 3 files must be edited by you using a proper editor or using pico or nano command line from terminal; you have just to replace 71d5 with your device id.
On the other hand, ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX2000 must be hex-edited and replace all the D571 hex values with the values "by 2 reversed" from your device id (exempe: device id = 71ce result in hex = ce71)
Hope it helps Attached File  1065_71d5.zip   743.41KB   305 downloads

Do not mess with the Device Id's ... After that you must change the EDID from the injector you use. I recommend the RadeonHD made by dong. Also follow the instructions provided by each "injector maker", or contact me by giving this informations:
Device ID
EDID
System Version
It will help to track all the problems and keep things organized:

This is what i have so far and it would be nice that someone could provide some help so that we can have an universal driver that works for all, something like to embed all the EDIDs in the same file and also because the info.plist from ATIinject or Natit has different strings, to manage so that for all to be just one.
I deleted the installers i made because did not worked well and all the post looked a bit messed; possible in the future if we will have a good driver for all an installer will be made.
Also a good idea is to get the gfx strings. If someone can give some info about that i am glad to give a try.
Use this files as mentioned in another posts with the right privileges and with permissions repaired.
If something goes wrong and black light or something odd ... just do this:
on boot time press F8 then type -s then Enter to boot
follow the on screen instructions to mount the drive writable
then remove the Atiinject.kext and Extensions.mkext by this commands:
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Atiinject.kext
reboot

and try something else ... might help the Natit.kext made by DiaboliK ... He helped me allot to figure out more about my card ... Now he has the site down cause of someone ... To bad ... bad ...
Thanks DiaboliK

Sorry for OUTofTopic Section Below

UPDATE TO ALL ASUS G2P OWNERS
This is an attempt installer to get the machine up and running after a fresh or updated 10.5.6 install. Use it, test it and please report if is working or not. Includes also the Video x1700 kext files which are the main subject on this topic.
Attached File  AsusG2P1056postinstall.pkg.part01.sitx   1.46MB   133 downloadsAttached File  AsusG2P1056postinstall.pkg.part02.sitx   1.46MB   118 downloadsAttached File  AsusG2P1056postinstall.pkg.part03.sitx   863.6KB   107 downloads
Some people complained that the Time Machine is not working. The fix is to use this Attached File  IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip   1.58MB   81 downloads
Hmmm ... ScreenFlow whas quitting unexpected every time i tryied to lounch it ... Someone on the forum pointed this to IONetworkingFamily ... also the _GUID error ... so ... The fix for that is Attached File  IONetworkingFamily.zip   77.27KB   48 downloads Extract it and put it in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS
chown and chmod the kext ... reboot

Here you can get more informations how to install apple retail dvd on asus g2p but i guess is possible to get the system working on other laptops/pcs to...

All the best

torpie13

torpie13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Did you try to hex edit ATIRadeonX1000.kext and change the ID with 71d5 or d571 as explained in this thread in this thread ???

alextrandafir_tw

alextrandafir_tw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Please let me know if the above solution works for you. I have an ASUS G2P Laptop with Ati mobility Radeon x1700 512 mb VRAM.
I am really new at this (trying to install Mac on a laptop). So far i managed to instal Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3, with basic componets working (usb, sound and lan). I noticed that the wireless adapter isn't working and - the most dissapointing - my video adapter has only one resolution - 1024 x 768.
I can live without incorporated componets like the webcam, memory card reader, tv tuner (all the xtras that came along with mt laptop), but can anyone please help me with getting my videocard working??

As i mentioned above, I don't have any experience at all, so if you could guide me through as you would a 10 year old child, I'll be gratefull.

PS: has anyone with this kind of laptop got anything else to work?

Thanks

lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
X1700 works... full qe /ci (based on kozlowskii method)

modded files:
(10.4.10) : http://www.mediafire...zd2ttngl1Cheers Fry
Leopard :

Note :
for leopard : http://www.mediafire.com/?7yzmwxtzzxm
enable root from utilities>directory services
under edit>enable root
change password

In terminal type su
then chmod & chown the kext files

cheers Fry

righteye

righteye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Ati x1700 works.. complete qe / cikozlowskii've already modded the files...i'll upload the link...cheerscheers...fryx1700 (modded)qe/ci (10.4.10)http://www.mediafire.com/?7gzd2ttngl1Cheers Fry

Something goes wrong i supose cose is not working on mine ... no kernel panic but nothing and the atiradeonx1000.kext is loaded. Can you post the atiinject.kext and atindrv.kext you are using? Also it can be possible to have different iondrvsupport.kext and iographicsfamily.kext
The thing is that with the original ATINDRV.kext i can get the 512Mb RAM but the dispaly works only external and no Qe/Ci, and with the files posted above in previous post i have the internal display working with the resuts you can read here
ATIinject:  Version:	1.0.0d1  Last Modified:	10/5/07 3:09 AM  Location:	/System/Library/Extensions/ATIinject.kext  kext Version:	1.0.0d1  Load Address:	0x473e3000  Valid:	Yes  Authentic:	Yes  Dependencies:	Incomplete  Dependency Errors:  com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  Integrity:	Unknown
ATIRadeonX1000:  Version:	1.5.4  Last Modified:	11/13/07 10:55 AM  Get Info String:	ATIRadeonX1000 1.5.4.9 (4676)  Location:	/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext  kext Version:	5.0.4  Load Address:	0x47378000  Valid:	Yes  Authentic:	Yes  Dependencies:	Incomplete  Dependency Errors:  com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  com.apple.kpi.bsd:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  com.apple.kpi.iokit:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  com.apple.kpi.libkern:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  com.apple.kpi.mach:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  Integrity:	Kext is modified
ATINDRV:  Version:	1.4.20  Last Modified:	9/24/07 3:31 PM  Get Info String:	ATINDRV 1.4.20.28 (1.0f159)  Location:	/System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext  kext Version:	4.2.0  Load Address:	0x57417000  Valid:	Yes  Authentic:	Yes  Dependencies:	Incomplete  Dependency Errors:  com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport:	No valid version of this dependency can be found  Integrity:	Kext is modified
ATi Mobility Radeon x1700:  Chipset Model:	ATi Mobility Radeon x1700  Type:	Display  Bus:	PCIe  PCIe Lane Width:	x16  VRAM (Total):	256 MB  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)  Device ID:	0x71d5  Revision ID:	0x0000  EFI Driver Version:	01.00.068  Displays:Display:  Resolution:	1440 x 900  Depth:	32-bit Color  Built-In:	Yes  Core Image:	Software  Main Display:	Yes  Mirror:	Off  Online:	Yes  Quartz Extreme:	Not SupportedDisplay Connector:  Status:	No display connected
System Software Overview:  System Version:	Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R4031)  Kernel Version:	Darwin 8.10.3

i'll try on leopard later on and give you the results

cheers

lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
righteye... i still haven't used the atiinject.kext and have not modified my atindrv...
i still need to fix my edid

if you want i can zip the kext files you need...

cheers

righteye

righteye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

righteye... i still haven't used the atiinject.kext and have not modified my atindrv...
i still need to fix my edid

if you want i can zip the kext files you need...

cheers

What are you using then ? How you get the Qe/Ci ? Yes lets post all the files we use so also other people can use those files.
Grate man ... you bring some hope here!
Thanks

torpie13

torpie13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

X1700 works... full qe /ci (based on kozlowskii method)modded files:(10.4.10) : http://www.mediafire...zd2ttngl1Cheers FryLeopard : Note :for leopard : http://www.mediafire.com/?7yzmwxtzzxmenable root from utilities>directory servicesunder edit>enable rootchange passwordIn terminal type suthen chmod & chown the kext files cheers Fry

Hi :(
1- U got a 10.4.10 macosx, but which MacOS package did u use (Uphuck,...) ?
2- Ure ID is 0x71d5 ???
And btw lemnisk do you have an asus F3jp ?

Thanx alot for ure replay :hysterical:

lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
k ...
i just figured that the problem is with the atiinject.kext
if you delete that file from extensions.. and replace the files that i have uploaded.. qe & ci should be enabled

with Atiinject.. i get a black screen..

tropie13: i have f3jp

cheers

ps. if someone knows which kext controls the resolution i could work on it

torpie13

torpie13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

k ...
i just figured that the problem is with the atiinject.kext
if you delete that file from extensions.. and replace the files that i have uploaded.. qe & ci should be enabled

with Atiinject.. i get a black screen..

tropie13: i have f3jp

cheers

ps. if someone knows which kext controls the resolution i could work on it

Edit: I think it's the :
ATINDRV.kext
or the ATIinject.kext

BTW: I've got a F3jp too ;)

righteye

righteye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
The atiinject.kext makes the resolution, ATINDRV.kext has to do with the RAM, atiradeonx1000.kext gives the Qe/Ci
... this is what i know but also can be wrong ...

lemnisk8 if i delete the atiinject the screen goes blue and nothing more.
with the atiinject goes black so you have to replace the atindrv with the one from 10.4.8 but then you get only 256Mb RAM and allot of stripes on the screen.
I tested your method on Kalyway 10.4.10 and on Leo with no positive result. I think we need a new ATINDRV cause the one i use is old ... to old

lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
http://www.mediafire.com/?4igyoxgntlgThese are the fies from my computer...I patched the Leopard using Brazilmac method...if you need any more files just let me know...I also think if we could make a new atiinject for the new Atinrdv... it will solve the problem of changing the resolutions...I also think if we could make a new atiinject for the new Atinrdv... it will solve the problem of changing the resolutions...

torpie13

torpie13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
But, I saw in other threads that for some ATI cards, there s no need to use the atiinject.kext. and at the same time the resolution works great .... weired !!!!

can kozlowskii or diabolik or another great dev help us ?

lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
tropie13: try the kexts that i've uploaded...
it will fix the qe & ci...
cheers!

torpie13

torpie13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

tropie13: try the kexts that i've uploaded...
it will fix the qe & ci...
cheers!

yep but what about the resolution, can u put it to 1600*1050 (the F3jp native Lcd panel resolution) ?

cheers

lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
yea.. i'm facing the same problem...
i think the problem is with Aty,Wormy in ATINDRV
if we could find the source code for AtiInject we could modify it for the newer version of ATINDRV...
I think that should solve the problem... of changing the resolution...
I dunno is Maxx can give us the source code...

cheers

torpie13

torpie13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
lemnisk8: you can try to edit the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist as root:
[codebox]sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist[/codebox]
or by any other editor (Property List Editor for ex).

and change the resolution inside by your resolution:
[codebox]<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1600x1050x32@85</string>[/codebox]

I'm not sure about the frequency.

I can't test by my own cause I'm away from my home for some days. But you can give us a feed back about your testings.

PS: dont forget to chown and chmod. (or use kexthelper)

Cheers

lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
every1 pls post your EDID for your x1700... i think i might be onto something...

cheers

kozlowski

kozlowski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I'm so glad you guys figure out how to enable QE/CI for those Graphic Cards, kudos lemnisk8, it has been a problem for a long time iirc. Fill me in... what's the problem in changing the resolution from Boot.plist?

lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
10x kozlowski...
adding "Graphics Mode" = (any value).. in com.apple.boot.plist does not change the resolutions...

I've used AtiInject method with my EDID... just Black Screen...
but when I replace Atinrdv with the one from 10.4.8 (not sure)... and use EDID from 1600... I get a split screen but the resolution can be changed...
I recken the problem lies with AtiInject/Atindrv...

cheers

Fry

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy