• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
There are positive reports that 9A377 had last intel GLDrivers before Apple switched them to PPC. We need to track that seed down. I think that's our best shot without knowing how to code.

Ruud

Ruud

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
and should we use the ati kext from that release also? because now i can change res with my x700 with the old tiger kext

netkas

netkas

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 616 posts
latest i386 GLDriver was in 9a377, I tried all to make it work in 9a466 but no luck. later got new pc :)

Shako

Shako

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
So is that the final nail in the coffin for this card? :|

spockers

spockers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Found 9a377, but it's only 68% seeded. There's a slight chance I can get the kexts and framework from it, but I'm not holding my breath; never tried to mount a partial dmg before :angry2:

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts

Found 9a377, but it's only 68% seeded. There's a slight chance I can get the kexts and framework from it, but I'm not holding my breath; never tried to mount a partial dmg before ;)

I'm afraid you have less than a good chance. it's just the way torrents work. Good luck anyway.

edit:

spockers, since you have more than 50% of the torrent completed, have you checked over at mininova? They have 2 seeders there that might help. Just search for 9a377. If you're already there, ignore this post :)

Shako

Shako

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I have bundled some kexts and the framework if anyone wants to PM me to get them. They are from the 9a321 build and are Universal. I didn't have much luck with them but I don't know very much about getting them to work other than replacing the ID and repairing permissions.

spockers

spockers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I'm afraid you have less than a good chance. it's just the way torrents work. Good luck anyway.

edit:

spockers, since you have more than 50% of the torrent completed, have you checked over at mininova? They have 2 seeders there that might help. Just search for 9a377. If you're already there, ignore this post :)

The mininova torrent uses the now-defunct demonoid as a tracker, it thinks there are two seeds, but there are actually none. I'm getting 10-12 peers thru DHT, but none have more than 68%. Good news though, a kind soul provided me with the relevant files from 9a321, so I'm going to reinstall ToH and play with that. If I have any luck, you will all know it ;)

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
can you PM me the link? And did you pick up the 9700 kexts from osx86scene? Also why do you have to reinstall? I assume you made a backup of the original kexts and framework and dual booting from another OS X install to make it easier on yourself?

meh, i missed Shako's post for some reason. I'll post back info if he sends me the archive.

Squeck

Squeck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I just installed the ToH version with Radeon 9600 XT.
Resolution is still 1024x768, very slow system, QE/CI disabled (obviously) and mouse tearing (resolved). I can't change resolution, right? And when i have Shako's kext what I have to do? Only replace it with the originals?

username931

username931

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Shako, or anyone else who has build 9a377, if you can install that, you would know for sure if it works. You might be able to find a patch for build 9a377 in the archives or you could attempt to patch it yourself by using a hacked kernel, extensions, and installer package from later patch like brazilmac and install from a partition. If that fails, it is possible to install OS X with pacifist, check here: http://blog.bradberg...-a-flash-drive/. Then all you would need is a patched Kernel and the patched extensions from BrazilMac's patch and you can do a manual install.

You might also be able to take a patched DVD like Totse and use pacifist switch out the "base system" and "essentials" packages with 9a377. Again much easier if you install from a partition and use the darwinbootloader from your tiger partition to load it. It is worth a try a long you are sure 9a377 is the last build with universal ati extensions. If it worked from a fresh install we could at least use it until we found the differences.

I don't know if you use Callisto for your card, but for my "ATI X600 PCIe," I had to use the CallistoFB change to get it to work, but I think it also worked before callisto just without the resolution change. Still it could be a factor. Without understanding how these drivers and frameworks actually work, trail and error is all we have to use.

Also keep you dmg connected to a tracker, don't limit you upload speed and post a link/info (only if you have success or if you can't install it yourself).

Squeck

Squeck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Where is located OpenGL.framework? Spotlight doesn't work for me...

thx

EDIT: found, sorry :D

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
I'm working off the 9a321 opengl.framework, kexts, bundle, plugin, and driver someone provided. These steps were tried under normal and safe mode.

1st try: replaces the GM framework but kept existing 10.4.10 kexts, bundle, plugin, and callisto divers in Leo.

outcome: I could only reach the loginwindow GUI and not able to log in to 2 accounts.

2nd try: used 9a321 opengl.framework, kexts, bundle, plugin

outcome: loginwindow infinite loop. Black screen and white texts

3rd try: used 9a321 framework, kexts, bundle, plugin, and 10.4.11 longinwindow.app

outcome: loginwindow infinite loop crash plus lots of logs :hysterical:

Does anyone have the 9a321 loginwindow.app? Also I have no idea how much changes there are in opengl.framework from 9a321 to the GM version and there are some more missing ATI and driver and bundles that is normally used on 10.4.x that are missing in the archive that was sent to us. There's not a lot of room to work with if you don't have the whole image, even if a volatile Leopard install.

Squeck

Squeck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I've made the same things, except for your 1st try. Same results. I tried with the 10.4.4 loginapp. We need a patched loginwindow.app, right?

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts

I've made the same things, except for your 1st try. Same results. I tried with the 10.4.4 loginapp. We need a patched loginwindow.app, right?

I've never experience loginwindow problems even with 10.4.x. I've always created my own Tiger install and from reading the boards, knew which versions to replace on my custom DVD.

Is me not being able to log into any account the same problem as what people had back in 10.4.8? If so, then we might be inching our way somewhere :hysterical:

Squeck

Squeck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I don't understood all your message, my english isn't good :)

How can we log in with 9a321 kexts, framework & co.?

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts

I don't understood all your message, my english isn't good :)

How can we log in with 9a321 kexts, framework & co.?

I don't really know what will happen if we obtain all the files from 9a321. All these are just trial and error. It would help if someone can replicate my first try and use the longinwindow.app from 9a321. if you have it, PM me the longinwindow.app from 9a321 and i'll test it.

edit: but it would really help if we obtained the very last Leopard seed (9a377) where the 9700's did support intel. I say that because the 9a321 seed might have bugs in it that 9a377 didn't. Again these are all just speculations.

bml104

bml104

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
If there is anything I can do to help please advise.

netkas

netkas

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 616 posts
u need to use only old opengl,frameworkd and gldriver

but, as i said, i tried this all with 466 long time ago, nothing will work.

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts

u need to use only old opengl,frameworkd and gldriver

but, as i said, i tried this all with 466 long time ago, nothing will work.

If you are who I think you are, then I don't think i can argue with your conclusion. Just one question though. Why did you retract the entry about the 9700 kexts from your blog? I seam to recall a flip-flop statement about non-intel drivers, and then a "never mind"? I just can't find the blog entry anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy