ATIRadeon9700 Patch?

sniperviper

313 posts in this topic

I obtained 9A466, and extracted ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from the BaseSystem pkg. spockers, you must have been looking at something else, because in my copy at least the GL driver is still PPC-only:

$ ls -l

total 10328

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 5285184 5 Jun 01:06 ATIRadeon9700GLDriver

$ file ./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver

./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures

./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver (for architecture ppc): Mach-O bundle ppc

./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver (for architecture ppc64): Mach-O 64-bit bundle ppc64

$ md5 ./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver

MD5 (./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver) = bd7cbc9d791a828dd6c208ff22e9a5ae

$

The date of June 5 looks right, that was right before WWDC '07.

I obtained 9A466, and extracted ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from the BaseSystem pkg. spockers, you must have been looking at something else, because in my copy at least the GL driver is still PPC-only:

$ ls -l

total 10328

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 5285184 5 Jun 01:06 ATIRadeon9700GLDriver

$ file ./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver

./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures

./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver (for architecture ppc): Mach-O bundle ppc

./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver (for architecture ppc64): Mach-O 64-bit bundle ppc64

$ md5 ./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver

MD5 (./ATIRadeon9700GLDriver) = bd7cbc9d791a828dd6c208ff22e9a5ae

$

The date of June 5 looks right, that was right before WWDC '07.

You're right, I had the wrong DVD, sorry about that. I found the right one, am going to try with opengl framework, I'll be back soon.

Anyone with pre-10.5 GM versions, can you pm me those openGL.framework version? I don't have the older versions and I'm going to try it on my 9800 install.

Here is the terminal copy command that wont follow the symlinks.

sudo cp -RH OpenGL.framework /backup

or

man cp

then zip and upload.

thanks

PS.

FYI, I've already tried using the OpenGL.framework from Tiger a few weeks ago. It's a dead end. I've read that the older 10.5 seeds did support qe/ci, just not on the GM and the one before.

Shako, I don't remember how many Leo seeds there were. I don't know anyone with the older seeds since everyone is basically "on there own" when it comes to older hardware. Post back and let us know.

alicheusz, as I've posted, OpenGL.framework from 10.4.x will not work on my testings. If you are hinting that it worked for you, let us know. I have dual boor Tiger 10.4.11 and Leo. I copied all ATI drivers and OpenGL.framework to Leopard but got the no positive results.

Well, good news and bad, I found some Universal ATI9700 kexts in the 9a321 build. I copied all 5 kexts over that had 9700 in there name, modified my ID into the ATIRadeon9700.kext and my system tries to boot but it freezes on the grey apple/spinning/loading screen. Perhaps if we try a build up? I think there was a 9a377 build and a 9a410. There was also a 9a283.

Update: Copied over OpenGL.Framework and got to a screen that is blue, and it infinitely loops the loading circle (as seen on Grey Apple Boot screen) over and over. Attempting Permissions Repair in Disk Utility on ToH disc.

I'm new to this but I think this is good?

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver (for architecture ppc): Mach-O bundle ppc

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver (for architecture ppc64): Mach-O 64-bit bundle ppc64

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver (for architecture i386): Mach-O bundle i386

That is what came from the "file" command.

Found 9a377, but it's only 68% seeded. There's a slight chance I can get the kexts and framework from it, but I'm not holding my breath; never tried to mount a partial dmg before ;)

I'm afraid you have less than a good chance. it's just the way torrents work. Good luck anyway.

edit:

spockers, since you have more than 50% of the torrent completed, have you checked over at mininova? They have 2 seeders there that might help. Just search for 9a377. If you're already there, ignore this post :)

I have bundled some kexts and the framework if anyone wants to PM me to get them. They are from the 9a321 build and are Universal. I didn't have much luck with them but I don't know very much about getting them to work other than replacing the ID and repairing permissions.

I'm afraid you have less than a good chance. it's just the way torrents work. Good luck anyway.

edit:

spockers, since you have more than 50% of the torrent completed, have you checked over at mininova? They have 2 seeders there that might help. Just search for 9a377. If you're already there, ignore this post :)

The mininova torrent uses the now-defunct demonoid as a tracker, it thinks there are two seeds, but there are actually none. I'm getting 10-12 peers thru DHT, but none have more than 68%. Good news though, a kind soul provided me with the relevant files from 9a321, so I'm going to reinstall ToH and play with that. If I have any luck, you will all know it ;)

can you PM me the link? And did you pick up the 9700 kexts from osx86scene? Also why do you have to reinstall? I assume you made a backup of the original kexts and framework and dual booting from another OS X install to make it easier on yourself?

meh, i missed Shako's post for some reason. I'll post back info if he sends me the archive.

I just installed the ToH version with Radeon 9600 XT.

Resolution is still 1024x768, very slow system, QE/CI disabled (obviously) and mouse tearing (resolved). I can't change resolution, right? And when i have Shako's kext what I have to do? Only replace it with the originals?