ATIRadeon9700 Patch?

sniperviper

313 posts in this topic

I have an:

ATI x300

Device ID: 0x5460

To be honest I'm lost...

I need to enable QE/CI, which kext and driver bundles should I use? and should I use koverg or callisto??

I have an:

ATI x300

To be honest I'm lost...

I need to enable QE/CI, which kext and driver bundles should I use? and should I use koverg or callisto??

and running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1

I have an:

ATI x300

To be honest I'm lost...

and running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1

I'm in exactly the same boat as you.

Haven't been able to get koverg or callisto working.

It seems to be assumed you come from a mac background with many of the tutorials here, so haven't been able to follow any of them fully.

A complete n00b guide would be nice.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you.

Haven't been able to get koverg or callisto working.

It seems to be assumed you come from a mac background with many of the tutorials here, so haven't been able to follow any of them fully.

A complete n00b guide would be nice.

Yes, I've spent hours reading different ways people got theirs working.. but I just don't know how to go about making the x300 work with leopard 10.5.1

Can anyone here who had success with their x300 video card share their step by step??

• 2 weeks later...

as far as I can tell, x600 is only supported under Tiger at the moment...it just doesn't make any sense, not to have backward compatibility in Leo...well guys, i've tried most of the methods here, and after injecting differet kexts, and combining things, I always ended up with an unstable Leo...BTW, I own an nx8220 too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Mates

I fresh instal iDeneb v1.5.1.1057, this trick working on my X1200 (integrated)? because i don't know, thats my card support QE\CI. What enabled accelerated hadware on card? Thanx for help;)

At this moment I'm using patch: "change resolutions fix for ATI" and work.

and editing /com.apple.Boot.plist ->

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1600x1200x32@60</string>

dsc00182gs.jpg

sorry4mylang

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have an ATI 9600 Radeon mobility which uses the 9700 kext files. I have over the last few months tried various methods explained in here and they all result the same, no DVD video BUT have sound (with modified 9700GL kext) and no GL screensaver such as flurry.

I have tried using AGPGart, versions 2.0 and below (any version higher just hangs my computer) and i get the same results. In system profiler it currently says PCI and i still get the same GL issues so it would show that having AGPGart installed makes no difference what so ever because the GL issues are the same whether is be PCI or AGP.

Using the working kexts from tiger did not work either. Using ATIRadeon9700.kext just kept bringing up errors during boot and looking in system profiler said no kext loaded. I tired using just the 9700GL kext from tiger and still did not work. No GL would work. I have tried using the kext from 9a321 and they did not work either, same issues as above. The only kext which has shown core image to be hardware accelerated is the modified 9700kext. This is taking the GL driver from inside ATIx1000GL kext, renaming it ATIRadeon9700GL then replacing it with the one in the 9700GL kext. This method is explained in detail in another post in the forum. Using this modified kext allowed me to hear a DVD but not display any video.

I've now updated to using 10.5.6 because 10.5.6 reports as having GL issues resolved for ATI cards but that has not worked either. I still have the same issues, sound but no video.

Looks like the only way to resolve the GL issues with 9600/9700 cards is to write a new set of kexts for 10.5

• 3 years later...