NVIDIA cards in LEO yet?

ptesone

90 posts in this topic

when i read this thread title i said to myself 'no way this cant be true'. Of course their supported. There probably the most supported cards. Their are little problems.. mac uses them themselves.

While we're on this topic, I thought I'd throw out another little stumper for you all... I'm running a 10.4.8 partition (JaS) and 10.5 partition(BrazilMac). On both I have NVinject installed for my 7900. When I boot into Tiger, everything is fine. When I boot into Leopard, the fan on my graphics card sounds like a jet engine taking off. I don't think it's related to NVinject drivers, and no other drivers (Natit, Titan) are in the extensions folder. Still does this even when booted into Safe Mode (-x).

I am running a GeForce 7900 GS on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mobo. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! I really don't want to kill my fan from these high RPMs :(

jephyb

and my problem is (also 7900GS but laptop version) that the fan of the graphic card does not turn on :( it heats and heats.. plz help... i must get the GPU Fan running!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sure, my 6600 works QE/CI et all.

Look for macnub's installer of NVinject for Leo.

Where did you find macnub's installer? I have been looking everywhere!

I have a Nvidia GeForce Go 6600, any chance the installer will work for this card using Kalyway Leo 10.5.1?

Try Punk92's installer, has I think just about eveything, works great with my 8800GTX 768!

-KC

Just tried it, doesn't work...i get the apple loading screen then the transparent box slides down saying your computer needs to be restarted...just like all the other ones I've tried

• 1 month later...

i have tried the nvidinejt and also the titan and prawker package

anyone have success with the 7950gt fxf nvidia?

i used to have it full supported on 10.4.10, so the card has been flashed

any ideas?