PearPC 0.5pre Released!

~pcwiz

6 posts in this topic

We all know about PearPC, the first successfull attempt to run Mac OS X virtually on a PC. It has been 2 years since the latest release of PearPC, version 0.4. Now, there is a beta of PearPC 0.5 called "PearPC 0.5pre-snd". This version is the latest development on PearPC and is rumored to include sound support, thus the name "snd".

Quote from PearPC.net:

Today, PearPC.net would like to present the latest version of PearPC, 0.5pre-snd.

This build contains the latest and greatest of PearPC, including (hopefully) sound support. The sound support is still in alpha mode, so, whether it works at all for users is not yet known.

There are two builds available at the moment:

1. Windows binary (32bit edition only)

2. Unix/Linux sources.

A precompiled download of the Windows version of PearPC 0.5 can be found here.

Enjoy! And make sure to share your experiences.

I for one is a full supporter of the PearPC project which is the only legal approach to running OS X on a PC.

• 10 months later...
I for one is a full supporter of the PearPC project which is the only legal approach to running OS X on a PC.

How is that? Correct me if I'm wrong in any of this, but isn't running Boot-132 with a retail copy of Leopard just as legal? The only illegal part of OS X on a PC would be if you didn't own a license for it. Now if you're talking about Apple's EULA, doesn't PearPC break it too? Or does Apple allow virtualization? Even still, breaking a EULA isn't illegal

Edit: Haha. I totally didn't realize that someone bumped this old topic