EFI Post Install Package

aliab

32 posts in this topic

I had the same problem with the endless reboots but then i my freind told me that it did work for him to set the Execute Bit to enable wich i ofcourse had diasblet couse of my belive that i woud get better oc out of if. Dut after i did set that to enable i have been able to boot with no problems on vanilla kernel, 10.5.1 kernel 9.1.0 on my GA-P35-DQ6

I had the same problem with the endless reboots but then i my freind told me that it did work for him to set to enable wich i ofcourse had diasblet couse of my belive that i woud get better oc out of if. Dut after i did set that to enable i have been able to boot with no problems on vanilla kernel, 10.5.1 kernel 9.1.0 on my GA-P35-DQ6

I made vanila and efi installation, and get endless reboots too =(

So, what to do if i cant see any Execute Bit settings in my Acer 5920G mobo BIOS.

How can i enable Execute Bit?

• 4 weeks later...
I have just fixed reboot issue installing AppleACPIPlatform from irc (see my sig.). Shutdown still doesn't work, but who cares :)

I do because we're almost there with all those power management probleme. I find it very annoying to have to hard shutdown with the power button. I believe there is also a link ( but wich one exactly ?) with the sound drivers for 889a because according to wich one you choose from taruga , issues are different.

We never ( or at least I !!) had probleme with power management in 10.4.9 or 10 or 11 si I hope the update 10.5.2 will solve some annoying issues.

fred

What are the advantages of EFI over the 'normal' way everything runs when using a flat image (brazilmac 10.5.0)?

I know the Apple Software Updater can be used to update to 10.5.1 if you're using EFI, but is it faster or more stable than the kernel I'm using now?

I've heard of faster harddisks when installing iATKOS Leopard, but is that caused by EFI or by something else?