unknown SIGSEGV code 0

microsoft whiz

9 posts in this topic

same thing with me :-(

thats what wikipedia says:

Computer programs may throw SIGSEGV for improper memory handling (see segmentation fault). The operating system may inform the application of the nature of the error using the signal stack, which developers can use to debug their programs or handle errors.

The default action for a program upon receiving SIGSEGV is abnormal termination. This action will end the process, but may generate a core file to aid debugging, or perform some other platform-dependent action. For example, Linux systems using the grsecurity patch may log SIGSEGV signals in order to monitor for possible intrusion attempts using buffer overflows.

SIGSEGV can be caught; that is, applications can request what action they want to occur in place of the default. Examples of such action might be ignoring it, calling a function, or restoring the default action. In some circumstances, ignoring SIGSEGV results in undefined behavior.[1].

An example of an application that might handle SIGSEGV is a debugger, which might check the signal stack and inform the developer of what happened, and where the program terminated.

SIGSEGV is usually generated by the operating system, but users with appropriate permissions can use the kill system call or kill command (a userland program, or sometimes a shell builtin) to send the signal to a process at will.

doesn't hepl us but its interessting

I tried using "-v cpus=1", but it didn't help. The problem is with booting into the installer, so I don't know how one would go about changing the installer's kernel..? I'm going to d\l the kalyway disc and give that one a try, will post back if it works, otherwise i'll wait for uphuck...

speaking of uphuck, is their site down or do i have the wrong url?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Just check the AMD patches on the install, and voila!

For me this error is coming up before the installer loads, so I can't just select the AMD patch. Is their a way to patch the ISO so it supports AMD by default? Or is their anyway to bypass this through the single user mode?

• Like 1