The green demon down again

ROGUETAZZ

37 posts in this topic

Demonoid was my fav site. Now its gone. Its indeed a sad day for mankind.

I actually felt like crying when I swa that message

A little bit off topic: The CRIA has released a major study on P2P network sharing. It's quite interesting

What makes this particular study interesting (aside from the fact that it finally includes full details on responses and the actual questions posed), is that much of the data challenges many familiar CRIA claims.
as are most of the comments. http://www.michaelgeist.ca/component/optio...1168/Itemid,85/

Cheers,

hecker

EDIT: Correction: This study was relesed on March, 2006.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

The left guy is the CRIA :)

Demnoid come back!!!

EDIT:

I just looked at the message again.

The CRIA threatened the company renting the servers to us, and because of this it is not possible to keep the site online. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Note the key word renting

this means if the company renting the servers was threatened, not the host, then how can demonoid move the servers? They don't own them, they rent them. this is an even bigger problem, if they take back their severs, then NO MORE DEMONOID EVER!. the only possible way to come back is to start from scratch! that means all torrents gone. THIS IS BAD, VERY BAD.

F*ck the CRIA.

I am never buying an original CD, DVD or game in my life!

Thats stealing. Sure, I was very active on Demonoid and downloaded a lot (but seeded more!); However thats insane. You should buy things you use regularly.

Are the trackers also down? I cant reconnect to a demonoid torrent that I recently migrated from windows to leopard. I'll have to reboot into windows and see if it works there.

If all they did was shut down because of a threat I bet theyll be back up somewhere else soon, its not like they were all arrested.

I was just giving invites out and 1 day later Demonoid is closed...People, you can still get all your OSx86 torrents on these 3 sites:

Torrent site links deleted - we don't do that here - Mod

So no need to be sad :hysterical:

And none of the above sites require invites or registration.

What I miss most of Demonoid is that you got plenty of info and feedback with most torrents, so you knew in advance if the download was worth your bandwidth.

I just miss Demonoid in general. It was the best private tracker I've ever used. I could get anything there! Come to think of it, you invited me :)