Uphuck Leopard release coming soon

shoarthing

82 posts in this topic

To all those here who seem to be freaking out over 5.0 and "just can't wait": Relax, it's not that big of a deal. I've got it on my real Mac (and I have 4.9 or 4.10 on 3 Hacks!). If you already have 4.8/4.9/4.10 running then you are doing fine. 5.1 will be released shortly anyways, then it will be another cycle.

Personally, I'm not going to bother with 5.x on my Hacks until 5.2 or 5.3 or so. 5.0 has issues. Wait for a few updates for it to stabilize.

• 2 weeks later...

If you read the info you will see that there are going be two versions. First will be v1.0i which will be the Intel version. Post says coming later this week! Next will be v1.0u which will be the Universal version. Intel & AMD and maybe (sse2 ? ) guessing. I feel your pain in waiting but it makes sense. The AMD version takes more work so will take a bit longer. It's amazing they go to the trouble ;-)

PS they don't say where it will be released but do say where it won't be !

I appreciate this project and this release of course. Nice job!

To bad the About This Mac is altered like in the Uphuck Tiger releases.

I would really prefer it to look like the original. Looks like the dock is altered too.

Will there be options to select the original About This Mac and Dock look in this release?

I understand you want to put your stamp on it, but why not just keep the original look?

It´s also better for your crew to not get to much attention from certain people. :P

For Tiger, only JaS releases are perfect for my machine i´m sorry to say. Others have this fan speed up problems once you log in. Not sure why that is.

I know i sound like a whiner. lol

But i just want it to look just like the original. I still very much appreciate the effort and all the hard work put into this. ;)

Thanx!

When to expect this release? Really excited about it, If one can, please assist me with the following quaestions:

1. AMD SSE2/3 compatible?

2. Will the release contiain kexts/drivers (pre-patched) for - nForce4 Ultra + SATA?

3. How about Audio AL655 and videos for ATI X800, as well as nVidia 8600GT ... or they can be later manually installed?

4. And will it come with 10.5.1 Update?

5. Will it be 32 or 64 bit for AMD users?

Thank you to developers and contributers,

looks good, 32bit version,in the screenshot, see the T2300 processor is core duo , 32bit , smaller cache, that's good for the older core duo laptops,now, if sleep and speedstep would work by default, that be great,but think, since it's not default hardware, that it will not,.....shows 9A581 10.5 release,...FYI: the 10.5.1 is 9B13 ,.... minor detail

Talk about the release all you want, but skip the usual noobfight about rapidshare vs. usenet vs. private torrent vs. public torrent if you don't mind. This forum is *NOT* about how to get the files.

Renamed, cleaned, & merged with an almost identical malplaced thread.

...And merged again.