Shutdown problems

CJS

26 posts in this topic

Somethimes I have the same problem. Monitor and discs goes off, but power led and fans are still running. I have to switch it off on power suply. Still havent figured out what is the problem

it happens most of the time and occasionally works properly... anyone knows why?

I have the same problem every now and then. Are you running koolkal too?
oh running brazilmac patched 9a581. could those having this problem post their system specifications and install method?

Running brazilmac patched 9a851 Leopard

having the same problem

Dell XPS m1210

intel core2Duo

2gb ram

80gb sata

go7400 graphics

10.4.8 shutdown fine. I did a clean install and patched and now it wont shutdown

. . no shutdown or restart problem with ToH RC2 & PC_EFI v3 [vanilla kernel/netkas SMBIOS] on this P5WDH [f/w 2206].

Prior to installing PC_EFI had shutdown but not restart issues [shutdown worked mebbe 20% of the time].

(edit) . . checked a few more times: restart reliable, shutdown not [esp when Time Machine ext eSATA HDD attached/running]. Apologies for reporting without mucho checkage [i normally leave this box on 24/7].

(n'other edit: 13th Nov) . . shutdown hassles now seem sorted, after P5WDH firmware upped to b2403 & installation of zef's IONetworkingFamily - last item here.

. . no shutdown or restart problem with ToH RC2 & PC_EFI v3 [vanilla kernel/netkas SMBIOS] on this P5WDH [f/w 2206].

Prior to installing PC_EFI had shutdown but not restart issues [shutdown worked mebbe 20% of the time].

using EFI v3 with stock kernel but still occasionally have shutdown issues

I've found out why I'm having this problem. The online guide I followed to install pc efi suggested removing AppleEFIRuntime.kext. After restoring this kext, no more shutdown/restart/sleep problem although it still takes quite some time to fully shutdown.

I've found out why I'm having this problem. The online guide I followed to install pc efi suggested removing AppleEFIRuntime.kext. After restoring this kext, no more shutdown/restart/sleep problem although it still takes quite some time to fully shutdown.

I had that in there the whole time. For me it seems that it works some of the time and not others.

I thought by using the kernel which was customize fixed my problem; however, it has the same problem. :blink: