Maya 2008 Licensing fails to work after leopard

Imadeitworkwell

1 post in this topic

Basically I had Maya 2008 working under Tiger using the flexlm licensing and when I tried the same process on leopard it doesn't work. My ethernet works (though more on that later) and shows up as en0, and the mac address hasn't changed (duh) but it still doesn't load. The licensing utility pops up each time. When I try to go into Licensing Utility Tasks and choose Show OPA Hardware Identifyers I get absolutely nothing, it's just blank. Networking in System Profiler shows an en0 with a mac address. Is it perhaps a bug with my system or with the licensing part of Maya looking for some configuration file in the wrong place? Mucking about in the Licensing program's plist files reveals nothing. I need help!

On a second note I noticed my Intel LAN card Pro/100 or whatever works with the kext only on the first boot. After a reboot the Network Interfaces in the System Preferences shows the cable as disconnected and System Profiler shows no MAC address. Erasing Extension.mkext ensures it works upon the next boot so I've placed a -f Kernel Flag in the boot.plist file. That seems to be a temporary fix but it adds to the startup time. Did Leopard introduce some kind of kext verification? I feel like the first problem could be related to the second. Ideas?

Install: Brazilmac method using retail disc I bought

Board: Intel G33 Chipset

Drives: Sata AHCI mode

LAN: Ancient PCI Intel PRO/100 card

Processor: 2.4GHz Quad Core Intel