Ditto on what others have said. The following guide may also be helpful:

http://www.digitmemo...-in-hackintosh/

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
Interesting, when I put the vanilla leopard appleACPIPlatform.kext onto my install, the keyboard on my laptop is not responding. on Inspiron 6400, core duo, gma950. putting the one from ToH's install back fixes it.

weird

Tavo

Tavo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi all, I have a problem. when I use BrasilMac DVD or Toh DVD my intel gma950 woks fine, no problems, I have all the resolutions, but when install the EFI bootloader Leopard detects my gma950 fine but I have only one resolution 1024x768. Is there a fix to this? My mainboard is Intel D945GCL and I'm using the original apple kernel. Thanks in advance.

Tavo.

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Hi all, I have a problem. when I use BrasilMac DVD or Toh DVD my intel gma950 woks fine, no problems, I have all the resolutions, but when install the EFI bootloader Leopard detects my gma950 fine but I have only one resolution 1024x768. Is there a fix to this? My mainboard is Intel D945GCL and I'm using the original apple kernel. Thanks in advance.

Tavo.

that is a know problem. you must have one advantage though and that is you do not have mouse tearing. To get the right resolution you need to use an older gma950 kext (use the one from Jas). That will give you the correct resolution but you will notice some minor mouse tearing.

karishbhr

karishbhr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Can I apply these patches to an original leopard disc image or must I patch an already patched disc

karishbhr

karishbhr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
How do I do this with a unpatched image and a completely blank hard-drive?

leodm

leodm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Interesting, when I put the vanilla leopard appleACPIPlatform.kext onto my install, the keyboard on my laptop is not responding. on Inspiron 6400, core duo, gma950. putting the one from ToH's install back fixes it.

weird

known issue, using vanilla ACPIPlatform will lose all PS/2 ports...

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

known issue, using vanilla ACPIPlatform will lose all PS/2 ports...

ok, thanks. I read that before but was ignorant enough to believe that my laptop keyboard would not fall under that category. good to know.

thanks again

tchow

tchow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Read the title.
It allows you to use OS X without modifying the kernel.

Good Question. Even install EFI. All PC need to install patch for some hardware. Example sound card, PCI card............ :( . Because PC not a Apple PC. Hardware design little different. EFI is help some PC user to run some apple software. Like the bootcamp.

temis

temis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Look at your screenshot !

the kernel is even telling you what file is bothering him : AppleEFIRuntime.kext ;)

just remove it + remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (if not done already) + add dsmos.kext + IONetworkingFamily binary from Netkas + AppleSMBios.kext if about Mac crashes

find them on irc.osx86.hu #leopard or forum.osx86scene.com

cheers!

Hmm.. Gave the v4 a try using the non-grub method, kernel. I get a kpanic. Core 2 duo (E6550), Asus P5K-VM, ICH9, G33. I used the BrazilMac install method for original install, and I can boot using that style of booting just fine.

Attached is a screen capture from the panic.

thefamous

thefamous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi,

I'm trying to get this installed on my hack. I ran the startup tool without any problems. I'm still running the ToH kernel though. How do I know if it's worked? I don't really want to try a vanilla kernel if it hasn't.

I've tried running up the IORegistryExplorer to see if I can see efi in the device tree but there's nothing there as you can see on the attachment.

Looking at netkas' website, he seems to have that. netkas pic

anybody got any ideas?
cheers,
Matt

hi, excuse me the OT, but which probgram you used for list this kext? I can't find anything in apple utility... thanks

Seeyou

Seeyou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Sound
Hello! Just wanted to ask if this method works only for Core 2 Duo systems (simmilar hardware to iMac, Macbook, Mac Mini) or if it would also work with a dual CPU, quad core Xeon system, simmilar to Mac Pro??

I can access a Mac Pro, if original firmware extraction is needed.
Would also be glad to beta test...!

karishbhr

karishbhr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I am trying to to this but when I follow the guide here

When i try to run "sudo mv /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.patched" I get the following error:

"mv: /mach_kernel: No such file or directory"

I am running ToH.

Why is this happening? What can I do to fix it?

plprado

plprado

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
would this work on a P4HT (Recognized as Core Solo)? I read somewhere that it can, is it true? Or only Core 2 DUO?
thanks

Stellair

Stellair

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Hi there

what is EFI doing again after a good install of OSX?

kramer2k

kramer2k

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Hi there

what is EFI doing again after a good install of OSX?

anyone know how to uninstall EFI bootloader?
K

klaidez

klaidez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi ppl

Finally i got my leopard running with the EFI

I'm using the v5 version. My greatest problem was that the instructions in the readme file from the patch are misleading. The readme file says to create a /iamefi folder (in the main partition) and then run the command "./startupfiletool /dev/rdiskXsX ./boot|_v4" . The problem is that you can't run the startupfiletool with the disk mounted. So, you have to create the folder somewere else, unmount the drive, and then run the command. When i boot the PC i can read something different after the Darwin bootlaoder. EFI.....something, so i know i have EFI installed.

Then i booted from other working osx partition that i have, removed/backup kernel and extensions, extracted vanilla kernel and all original kexts from the unmodified Leopard DVD using pacifist, applyed the original kernel and kexts and added dsmos.kext and Natit.kext, repaired permissions.

I can now boot to leopard with all original unmodified kexts. Didn't have to remove any.

Problems:
Keyboard and mousepad don't work
Sleep still doesn't work
Lost pcmcia+atheros card support
Lost Bluetooth
Time machine doesn't work

The about this mac and adobe cs3 still work. I get correct cpu and frequency
Right now my main priority is to fix the keyboard and the pcmcia. If i can't get it working i will go back to the old method

karishbhr

karishbhr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I applied the patch and I am running vanilla kernel... is it safe to dual boot vista now or will installing it {censored} everything up?

thevoidzwb

thevoidzwb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
sorry for this stupid question, but i don't want damage my leo installation... Do i can install efi on a nvidia 650 based motherboard or i need an intel based one??

thanks anyway

jharleman

jharleman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
full guide and info including on keyboard/mouse (PS2) probs, etc. cheers - jl

http://forum.osx86sc...php?f=16&t=2520

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy