Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

i set key "Graphics Mode" with value "1920x1080x32@60" in "com.apple.Boot.plist" and have nothing.

Come on...man...!...DO SOME SEARCH...OR LOOK ON THE BOX OF THE MOBO...!!!...i know plasma is great and all...but what the f*** is got to do with the video card...it's shows what the card it "tells" it to show not the way around...no matter if u want something just 'cause u want it to...i did the search for u...and the link too...

1.5.1.1 Intel® GMA950 Graphics Controller

The Intel GMA950 graphics controller features the following:

• 400 MHz core frequency

• High performance 3-D setup and render engine

• High quality texture engine

⎯ DX9* Compliant Hardware Pixel Shader 2.0

⎯ Alpha and luminance maps

⎯ Texture color-keying/chroma-keying

⎯ Cubic environment reflection mapping

⎯ Enhanced texture blending functions

• 3D Graphics Rendering enhancements

⎯ 1.3 Dual Texture GigaPixel/Sec Fill Rate

⎯ 16 and 32 bit color

⎯ Maximum 3D supported resolution of 1600 x 1200 x 32 at 85 Hz...HERE...!!!!!!!!!!

⎯ Vertex cache

⎯ Anti-aliased lines

⎯ OpenGL* version 1.4 support with vertex buffer and EXT_Shadow extensions

• 2D Graphics enhancements

⎯ 8, 16,and 32 bit color

⎯ Optimized 256-bit BLT engine

⎯ Color space conversion

⎯ Anti-aliased lines

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/...b/CS-029368.htm

Come on...man...!...DO SOME SEARCH...OR LOOK ON THE BOX OF THE MOBO...!!!...i know plasma is great and all...but what the f*** is got to do with the video card...it's shows what the card it "tells" it to show not the way around...no matter if u want something just 'cause u want it to...i did the search for u...and the link too...

1.5.1.1 Intel® GMA950 Graphics Controller

The Intel GMA950 graphics controller features the following:

⎯ Maximum 3D supported resolution of 1600 x 1200 x 32 at 85 Hz...HERE...!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/...b/CS-029368.htm

http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/?iid=SEARCH

Advanced Display Capability

Up to 2048x1536 resolution for both analog and digital displays

Consumer Electronic display (Digital TV) support

Display hot plug support to automatically detect new display connection while system is operating (CRT and DVI)

Two Serial Digital Video Out (SDVO) ports for flat-panel monitors and/or TV-out support via Advanced Digital Display 2 (ADD2) cards or Media Expansion Cards

Intel Media Expansion Cards available providing TV-out and PVR capability

Multiple display types (LVDS, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDTV, TV-out, CRT)

Dual screen support through ADD2 digital video devices

HDTV 480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p and 1080i/p display resolution support

Interlaced Display output support

16x9 and 16x10 Aspect Ratio for widescreen displays

2x2 Panel Scaler

or in your link on the next page

...man...u clearly don't get the point...!!!Up to!!! 2048x1536 resolution for both analog and digital displays...means...like in general...not for all the chipsets...desktops...in this case...supports that resolution...now be patient and read the specs on that pdf for your mobo and u'll see that u can't get that res. from your chip no matter how hard u try..."load" windows or a live cd linux os...with proper diver for the chip...and tell me if u get that res. or close to that...and i'll officialy declar myself "defeated"...and this matter...'til then i'll look for ur response...c'ya...

Hello!

I have GMA950 on mobo D945GTP. All works properly, but i can not set non standard resolution - 1920x1080 (i have plasma).

It's can be done? How?

try another cable, yes it sounds rediculous but that worked for my 16:10 display. (currently i'm using an dvi output card for the gma950 so it is not important anymore) when im using the vga out it was up to the cable i used if the Displays menue in the system preferences would offer me only standard 4:3 options or all options. the monitor brand ect would have not been recognized by osx with some cables.

sounds like wichcraft to me but that has solved my issues with 16:10 on vga port with gma950

...man...u clearly don't get the point...!!!Up to!!! 2048x1536 resolution for both analog and digital displays...means...like in general...not for all the chipsets...desktops...in this case...supports that resolution...now be patient and read the specs on that pdf for your mobo and u'll see that u can't get that res. from your chip no matter how hard u try..."load" windows or a live cd linux os...with proper diver for the chip...and tell me if u get that res. or close to that...and i'll officialy declar myself "defeated"...and this matter...'til then i'll look for ur response...c'ya...

i'don't know if i get the point, but i have to add something

i also have a gma950 desktop thingy

Hersteller: Intel (0x8086)

Geräte-ID: 0x2772

Versions-ID: 0x0002

with the old framebuffer and kexts i get qe/ci and res change up to 1920*1200@60Hz (and the obvious mouse tearing of course, but it only really annoys when using office 2008, everthing else is fine) thats the highest it can offer me, perhaps because it reads out my monitor. however, it won't boot with this settings, the maximum it will boot with is 1600*1200 even if i set the flag in the boot.plist, the apple is shown squeezed, not beeing in 16:10, as soon the desktop is loaded, the moitor flicks and the correct 1920*1200 displays.

it just ignores the values in the plist

but to this topic, simply forget about any other solution then the old framebuffer in gma950 desktops.

it's all there will ever be

Hello

Is what people who have a X3100 have win to find a solve to this problem of blackscreen ?

Personnaly I have test many thinks but, there is nothing change. I 've tried natit.kext, LeopardGraphicsUpdate, Different version of GMA X3100 drivers on the net, and there is always no change.

Anybody have an other solution ? :)

PS : Sorry, if I don't talk good your language, but it isn't my mattern language

Guys I need some users to give me their ioregdum from a real mac with GMA950 and 3100 the goal is to enable resolution change and to remove the arctifacts at all like current titan/natit for this time for GMA950 /3100, if you want to help us just do this on a real macs and post your txt file here

ioreg -l -w0 > ioreg.txt

Please specify if you have a GMA950 or a 3100 by the way do this using 10.5.0.

First off thanks to all who have contributed before this. I just wanted to let you know on this thread that I got my Dell Vostro A860 laptop with X3100 video working 100% with 10.5.6 and no sleep trick required. Instead I created a small VGA dummy plug and looped pins 1-6, 2-7, 3-8 with 25 ohm 1/2 watt resistors, then looped pings 10-13 and 10-14 with 600 ohm 1/2 watt resistors. i used a Male VGA to Female DVI dongle plug to do this for convenience and taped it up real good with electric tape afterwards. It survives multiple reboots, just have to boot and hit Fn-F8 to the external monitor at startup and it boots normal, then switches to the laptop main screen and works fine. You can pull the dummy vga dummy plug as soon as it gets past the intial boot process or anytime after, just give it a minute or so to be safe. I think this is more convenient than a sleep trick and havent found any native boots on this 1366x768 resolution screen yet.

I posted this same info, with a link to the laptop booting on youtoob on this thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=#entry1026336

Thanks for all the help along the way countless anonymous contributors.

I have Intel GMA X3100 on my laptop (Asus x51l) but I can't use it with QE/CI enabled, only differente types of resolution are avaible.

ID Vendor: 0x2a02

ID Revision: 0x0003

I try to install Leo Graphics Updates 1.0 before install the AppleIntelGMAX3100 kexts.

Someone have this card with the same id and have QE/CI enable? How can I fix

Thanks in advance

(sorry for my little english,i'm italian).

I have Intel GMA X3100 on my laptop (Asus x51l) but I can't use it with QE/CI enabled, only differente types of resolution are avaible.

ID Vendor: 0x2a02

ID Revision: 0x0003

I try to install Leo Graphics Updates 1.0 before install the AppleIntelGMAX3100 kexts.

Someone have this card with the same id and have QE/CI enable? How can I fix

Thanks in advance

(sorry for my little english,i'm italian).

Ciao , sono italiano anch'io....

I've the same card but at the moment i can have it working correctly only with an external monitor.

What i need is Natit.kext to get this card works.

Try install this and boot with a lcd attached ; i get full qe/ci support and correct resolution. Laptop display doesn't work correctly and it work only if you boot with -x (safe mode) option but no QE/CI.

Good luck