• This topic is locked This topic is locked
685 replies to this topic

pityone

pityone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a similar problem i think as tiberius72.

i am running kalyway leopard 10.5.2 in my dell inspiron 1420. i have the built in intel graphics chipset also and am having the same resolution problem. i am really new to this and i have limited experience with mac all together. if someone has solved this issue, would they be willing to help me through this? i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you

ysaipranav

ysaipranav

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Corporate and Network Security<br />Business Networking
below are my system specifications

I have Intel 256MB Graphic card

Of my knowledge the graphic driver for my card is GMA x3100

anyone please tell me where I could find a graphics driver :D

Thanks in advance...

tiberius72

tiberius72

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

i have a similar problem i think as tiberius72.

i am running kalyway leopard 10.5.2 in my dell inspiron 1420. i have the built in intel graphics chipset also and am having the same resolution problem. i am really new to this and i have limited experience with mac all together. if someone has solved this issue, would they be willing to help me through this? i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you

Well I finally installed all the necessary kexts, etc. and it does absolutely nothing. One interesting aspect is that I have another laptop with the same specs (yes, I am trying this on a replacement for my old work one). In XP the max resolution I can go to is 1024x728, others are offered but the entire screen does not fit. I think this maybe the best I can get.

This now leads me to another interesting issue. When I dock the laptop and I use my 22" screen I get a blue screen (funny that Apple also has a blue screen of death...) I do see other graphic resolutions options from the boot menu but all I get is the blue screen. Not sure what to do now....

The only reason I installed OSX on the laptop and made it dual bootable is experiement while I was away on business....

Cheers

Tiberius

bladest

bladest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
HI i have asus eee pc 1000h and i need to change my resolution to 1000x600 or 1024x 768 bur i have only 800x600 in my display settings pls someone help.

jh13

jh13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey guys, so i've been running the kalyway 10.5.2 and everything runs alright with my external monitor but i cant seem to get it to boot without the external. im running with the gma 915 with quartz enabled from the modified kext/plugin package that i pulled somewhere. the computer will blue screen anytime the external monitor is not plugged in. any thoughts? i cant seem to figure out whether there's actually a solution with all the specific fixes floating around. my computer is an hp dv4300. any help would really be appreciated (and if you need any more data i can get it).

thanks!

thristan

thristan

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Any solution for a GMA3100? (not X3100...)

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,533 posts

Any solution for a GMA3100? (not X3100...)

What are DeviceID and revision?

thristan

thristan

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_10\3&13C0B0C5&0&10

Thanx for the interest, Slice.

thristan

thristan

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
nothing?

Darrarski

Darrarski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
After hours of reading this topic and testing a lot of possible combinations, I have found a solution for GMA 950 device id: 0x02772. I don't remember what versions of extensions I'm using, because I've tested a lot of them, but now I have Core Image Hardware Accelerated, Quartz Extreame Supported and I'm able to choose any screen resolution from system preferences. Everything is working well. Some additional info:
I'm using iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 on Giagbyte GA-945GM-S2 with Pentium D 805 2.66GHz processor. I'm new into osx86, but I've using Leopard on my MacBook for a year.
Here is screen from system profiler on my PC:

Posted Image

For all people with integrated GMA 950 on the GMA 945G chipset, there are kext's that I'm using: LINK

Hope my post will be useful for someone...

stufff

stufff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

After hours of reading this topic and testing a lot of possible combinations, I have found a solution for GMA 950 device id: 0x02772. I don't remember what versions of extensions I'm using, because I've tested a lot of them, but now I have Core Image Hardware Accelerated, Quartz Extreame Supported and I'm able to choose any screen resolution from system preferences. Everything is working well. Some additional info:
I'm using iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 on Giagbyte GA-945GM-S2 with Pentium D 805 2.66GHz processor. I'm new into osx86, but I've using Leopard on my MacBook for a year.
Here is screen from system profiler on my PC:

Posted Image

For all people with integrated GMA 950 on the GMA 945G chipset, there are kext's that I'm using: LINK

Hope my post will be useful for someone...

Darraski, I have the same GMA 950 device.. how do I use the kexts that are in your zip? Please let me know..
All, this is my first post.. pl excuse if my question is silly :( still learning..

Darrarski

Darrarski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Darraski, I have the same GMA 950 device.. how do I use the kexts that are in your zip? Please let me know..
All, this is my first post.. pl excuse if my question is silly :withstupid: still learning..

You should look for "kext helper" app, using it is very simple, but remember to delete old kext vesrions before (go to: \System\Library\Extensions and remove kext for graphic card support, like AppleIntelGMA950.kext etc). Notice, that I have GMA950 with divice-id 0x02772.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around in the internet waste lands!! Politics, Science, Medicine. Watching cartoons, c...
Darrarski, you're using the old integrated framebuffer with the newer gma950 kexts which is the only way to get it working properly but you'll notice some minor artifacts. If someone is talented enough to make a patch/natit kext to load the new framebuffer, it will be greatly appreciated.

stufff

stufff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Darrarski, yes, I do have the same GMA950 with device-id 0x02772..
Here's what I did..
I downloaded the zip file and extracted them to documents folder

Then, I went to Terminal sudo'ed and deleted all the following in the \System\Library\Extensions folder (rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/****.kext) :
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelintegratedFramebuffer.kext

Then, I opened up "Kext Helper b7" and "dragged-dropped" all the above files that are in your zip file on to that and EASY installed it..

After rebooting, I have the same problem and 3D is not enabled..

Although I can force 1600x1200x32 in the "Graphics Mode" in the boot prompt, It still says the following in System Profiler

Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2772
Revision ID: 0x0002
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1600 x 1200
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Software
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported
QuartzGL: Supported

Am I doing something wrong? Appreciate your (any anybody else's) help..

martisti

martisti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
After reading all the posts and tried some things my GMA950 Desktop sill has problems.I don't know how to install the Zip package with natit.kext files and edit other stuff.Please someone if can help me.

LAST EDIT:

Now the last information in system profiler is: Attached File  Picture_1.png   194.38KB   142 downloads

I still cannot change resolution.Please help

moridinbg

moridinbg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
With the GMA950 kexts provided by iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 I have Quartz Extreme and QuartzGL, and there is resolution change. THis on HP tc4400 laptop.

But if I boot with no external screen and then connect one the whole screen gets messed up.
Resolution change works with no problems, but if I choose "Mirror Displays" the screen gets messed up again.

And my biggest issue: ROTATION!
I can rotate only the external screen, but not the internal one. There is no such option for it! This is a TabletPC, so rotation is essential.
Is it possible to rotate the internal screen at all?

marekpipe

marekpipe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi,

please help:

I made a combo update from 10.5.2. kalway to 10.5.5.
My screen x3100 turns black (with mouse) after booting. For some seconds it stays blue then turns black.

When i boot with -x flag the screens works (but without QE)

Thank you

Darrarski

Darrarski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Darrarski, you're using the old integrated framebuffer with the newer gma950 kexts which is the only way to get it working properly but you'll notice some minor artifacts. If someone is talented enough to make a patch/natit kext to load the new framebuffer, it will be greatly appreciated.

Like I said before: everything is working well, without artefacts at all. I'm booting in normal mode (not using -x flag). System works smoothly and looks like on my MacBook. I'm able to choose resolution form System Preferences.

@STUFF - I'm sorry, but I don't know how to help you. I'm using iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5, after installation I had the same problems like others, but after testing a lot of kext combinations I have found a proper ones for my system (there are included in ZIP attachement in my previous post). It looks like your graphic card is the same like mine, but if you still having problems using my kexts, this looks like there are some other dependencing.

behiii

behiii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
hi to all.
i have inspiron 6400
core2due 1.7 = only in 1 core my iAtkos leopard is working
ram 4 gigi
sound=sigmatel. i choose applehda patcher and it's working but only the volume up/down in fornt
my modem does not work = i let it go and i use wifi
vga - gma950 = it's working but :
1.why my vga ram is 64?? it's 224 in vista
2.is there any new patch for soud
3.what shoud i do fo core solo. i had to to bios every time that i want to go to mac. i rally need it 2core working for best performance
4-is it good to install ideneb 10.5.5 for solving my cpu problem?

Sergej

Sergej

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Behii, I've the same problem about the ram of the video card.
The system profiler tells me about 64 mega, but I've 256...
I don't know if the system is using 64 mega, or simply there appears 64, but are 256...

Sergej

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy