Calling all NForce6 users!

nforcemac

83 posts in this topic

Hey, think you guys can try and help me out. I succesfully installed Jas 10.4.8, and booted up with NVDAResman.kext removed. Everything was cool except my graphics card was not recognized. So I tried your installer and it did its thing, and then when I rebooted it stoped at "login window application started". I tried installing the login window fix from Jas dvd but it didn't change anything. It does the same thing when I boot into safe mode aswell. The strange thing is that I can boot into vmware just fine. About this Mac tells me that it is 10.4.9. So I'm assuming that your updater worked but something is messed up with my graphics card. Any ideas?

thanks fibblesan,

i finally get myself boot into 10.4.9

some problems still yet to be solved,

i,qe/ci of 8800 not working (i have to rm NVDAResman.kext to boot)

ii,ps/2 keyboard not working with usb mouse ...

iii, or both ps/2 mouse and keyboard work, but tracking speed of mouse is terribly fast ... and i have to disabled usb support in bios (only support) :thumbsup_anim:

iv, the display options in preferences sucks

thanks fibblesan,

i finally get myself boot into 10.4.9

some problems still yet to be solved,

i,qe/ci of 8800 not working (i have to rm NVDAResman.kext to boot)

ii,ps/2 keyboard not working with usb mouse ...

iii, or both ps/2 mouse and keyboard work, but tracking speed of mouse is terribly fast ... and i have to disabled usb support in bios (only support) :thumbsup_anim:

iv, the display options in preferences sucks

Once you have removed the NVDAResman, run the NF6 installer from the website. This will give you the Macbook prop update, the nvidia kexts, and will allow you to patch the drivers for your card.

Or use mac.nub's GF8 installer from http://www.macdotnub.info/downloads.php

yea, i had successfully install the nf6 installer ... display don't work

and i had tried to install the experimental installer for 8x00, still no luck

had to remove the nvdaresman.kext as to boot up 10.4.9

should i try the leopard one or ..?

thanks!

Hey guys, Fighting with Leopard at the minute. The good news is I'm winning keep a check here and on my site (I may be releasing something in the very very near future (tonight or tomorrow morning). Look forward to talking to your later!

:D

Hey I just installed 10.4.8, the version that nforcemac recommends installing on the nForce 680. I went and installed it (installed fine) and now its freezing when it boots for the first time. I did a -v in the darwin bootloader and the last thing it says is

Dec 1 11:23:35 localhost mDNSResponder: Adding browse domain local

thats all it says but after looking 3 lines up and its just started the Login Window Application.

Is that the Login Window freeze that you guys are talking about?

Well I fixed the Loginwindow.app problem by reinstalling OSX with the loginwindow fix that was on Jas DVD. Now when I went to install MacDaveNF6Installer.dmg, it installed fine and I rebooted. Now I get it freezing on the Loginwindow again. Any ideas on how to fix it?

well after doing a lot of reading on the forums, it seems that some people have the same problem but no one has a fix for it, I went and made sure the Device ID was 0193 for the three kext's, and I checked to see if MacDaveNF6Installer.dmg over wrote the loginwindow fix but it doesnt. After thinking about it something is going wrong with the display and it locks up at the loginwindow. So I deleted the NVDAResman.kext and it boots up fine into 10.4.9. I put the NVDAResman.kext back on and when looking at NVInject starting up under -v it shows that the card fails to start. Now I dont know if this matters or not but I have 2 EVGA 8800GTS's for SLI. Does it matter that I have both cards in when starting up 10.4.9 with NVInject installed?

My Setup:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400

EVGA 680i Motherboard

2 EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB for SLI

4GB Ram

Update from my problem, I removed the Second 8800GTS from my computer, reinstalled 10.4.8, then removed all the ATI and Nvidia kexts, then I installed nforcemac's update and then restarted and then it finally booted to 10.4.9 with the 8800GTS working with CI/QE working. I used MikeInNs's nForce Ethernet driver to get the onboard ethernet working and now I just have to get the Sound enabled. Its been 2 days trying to get it to work and it was fun! Its so fast but I wish SATA works so I can get the speed that I really need!

Oh it was poor investigation on my part to find out if all the kexts needed to be removed or it was the second card that was stopping me from booting into OSX. I'll add the second card right now and see what was really the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

So I boot up the disk with your .dmg file inside my USB (plugged in) and when I went to install diskUtil doesn't show any hard drives

My specs are

intel core 2 duo e4400

XFX 8600gt

4GB ram (4 dimm 2 kingston and 2 corisar, running at 667mhz)

2 SATA hard drive

1 IDE DVD burner

p5n32 e sli plus (nforce 680i)

I am using the JaS 10.4.8 - 10.4.9 with ppf1 and ppf2 build.

further details / pics available upon request.

Hey folks! As far as the ethernet driver goes, I've gotten forcedeth working on my MCP67 with the hard-coded MAC reverse. If anybody's interested in trying it on their own I've attached it. You'll also have to add your dev/vend id's into the Info.plist for it to load on your specific device. It works just fine, you just have to have your ethernet line connected on boot for it to connect. Good luck! :)

forcedeth.kext.zip