Calling all NForce6 users!

nforcemac

83 posts in this topic

Hello all!

First let me say thank you to everyone that made is possible. Next if people make there way to http://www.nforcemac.info

they will find a method of installing OS X with a NForce 6 series motherboard. Also an updater to update there systems to

10.4.9 with a updater to 10.4.10 on the way.

Please note this is beta!

Post any problems here and I'll help out if I can.

Enjoy

NForceMac

Nice! Good luck with this!By the way, does running with the 8.8.1 kernel solve the problem with dual core causing kernel panics? I have to run with cpus=1 with a 8.10.1 kernel or I get kernel panics.
Thanks flibblesan. Using 8.8.1 you can use both cores without a kernel panic.Note to all 10.4.10 updater will be here this evening! Along with a NF6XX Install DVD.;)
8.8.1 solves teh problem i've got a core 2 duo and i enver booted cpu=1 with 8.8.1 kernel. can you tell me how you got sound to work?
Claud3, I will be adding sound support to my install later on this evening prob best to wait till then.Cheers

nforcemac do you get that diskarb message which delays booting for about 45 seconds?

I do, and its normal but only for about 10 if that seconds! Although I have just done a test install of my DVD i'm releasing this evening and that issue has disappeared for some reason! Bonus! ;)

sounds good. could i install it on a sara drive?

Not at the minute....... I am getting somewhere with this. At the minute I am focusing on getting a workable Install DVD to the masses then I will turn my focus to developing/porting the required drivers over for both SATA and ethernet. The wait shouldn't be to long.

Nforcemac, great stuff! I've got a P5N-E SLI board which is nforce650i. I believe it almost the same as the 680i minus more PCIexpress lanes and more SATA ports.

Whatever you release I'll test! I'll have to try and find an IDE DVDROM drive as my drive is SATA meaning I can't install the JaS DVD.

Nforcemac, great stuff! I've got a P5N-E SLI board which is nforce650i. I believe it almost the same as the 680i minus more PCIexpress lanes and more SATA ports.

Whatever you release I'll test! I'll have to try and find an IDE DVDROM drive as my drive is SATA meaning I can't install the JaS DVD.

I don't want you to get to excited but you should be able to install from a SATA DVD drive just not install to a SATA HD. ;) And it supports the whole NForce 6 range! :blink:

I don't want you to get to excited but you should be able to install from a SATA DVD drive just not install to a SATA HD. :) And it supports the whole NForce 6 range! :)

I use an IDE hard disk for OSX anyway. Am I right thinking you are releasing a DVD?

what does the new efi discovery eman fur us nforce6xx owners?

The EFI bootloader is only working with Leopard at the moment, and I don't think Leopard is working on nForce motherboards. Also the readme for the EFI bootloader seems to indicate that this only works with Intel boards, but this may mean Intel CPU boards and not AMD rather that Intel chipsets.

Even if the EFI bootloader works with nForce boards, it won't solve the problems with the kernels not functioning correctly or drivers. So really there isn't a lot of use in this for nForce owners. The EFI bootloaders is better for those people with Intel chipsets and hardware that works with default Apple extensions.

Anyway, nothing to do with this thread.

Shouldn't have thought that to be a problem. What's the bug with exactly?

Are you releasing an updater and DVD?

BTW, network card. How far have you got with this? The forcedeath driver apparently works. I'm going to test this when I get home from work.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=484482

edit: doesn't work. damn.

Hello everyone. Got the update problem sorted (Differences between Delta and Combo updates) only prob is now that when I try and run OpenGL programs in fullscreen the system hangs?!?! f**K! Snes9x 1.51 for example, would it be possible for people to find and install this and report how it behaves on there system? Is this a common problem? If it is, does anyone have a solution? This is the only thing holding the installer up.

~MacDave

Hello everyone. Got the update problem sorted (Differences between Delta and Combo updates) only prob is now that when I try and run OpenGL programs in fullscreen the system hangs?!?! f**K! Snes9x 1.51 for example, would it be possible for people to find and install this and report how it behaves on there system? Is this a common problem? If it is, does anyone have a solution? This is the only thing holding the installer up.

~MacDave

Ummmmm......... can get that started using OpenGL profiler. But am I right in thinking this was an Apple stuff up with the MacBookProSoftwareUpdate1.1.dmg?

~MacDave

I get the same problem with Snes9x using mac.nub with his 8800 installer.