boot problem

dodo

9 posts in this topic

i have problem with boot.

have to leave cd in the drive to make it boot to leo.

have try all the patches all the build and new cd to make to leo boot no luck.

need help please :cry:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SYSTEM INFO

MOBO : GIGABYTE GA-8I865GME-775-RH

CPU : INTEL P D 3.4GHZ 800MHZ FSB

MEM : 1 GB 2x512

GPU : NVIDIA GF FX5700LE 256MB

CD/DVD DRIVE : SAMSUNG BURNER

PCI : VIA IEEE 1394

HDD : 1 300GB SEAGATE SATA (TIGER XxX 10.4.10 install)

HDD : 1 500GB SEAGATE SATA (LEO INSTALL)

ive installed it like 6 times and somehow the 2nd time i got it to work, but then when i shut the system down it said something about updating cache and the system hung for over an hour, then i manually shut the system down and it had an error at the grey loading screen. since then i cant seem to find the sweet spot to get it to boot again after install..

the time i got it to work i zeroed out the hd at fat, and after i created a 1 partition mbr setup and installed and it worked..

ive had booting issues in the past (10.4.8) when i install wrong, and it seems you have to totally wipe your hd and the mbr off and start fresh and partiton the drive correctly. but i cant seem to do that now.. ill have to give it a fewmore atempts later i guess.. right now i get a blinking cursor, if i leave the dvd in i get bios errors and then finaly a plist error saying com.apple plist not found. i dont think even when i had it working before it would boot witht he dvd in.

Follow the instruction here http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/ starting at : boot fix patch. It could help you. But if it boot only if the CD is in, that's means that your hard disk is not bootable.

hi this is working for me

i disconnect my tiger HDD and i follow the guide

I try this guide and the patch on this site

i only flow the boot fix guide

downlode the file patch on USB (fat32)

install ToH DVD on the HDD ( printer drivers on this that is why i install this one)

after boot from BrazilMac DVD to follow the guide.

i got the error at this comand "./dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1 umount /Volumes/Leopard"\

but i follow the rest of the guide.

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP TO THE NEWBE LIKE ME

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SYSTEM INFO

MOBO : GIGABYTE GA-8I865GME-775-RH

CPU : INTEL P D 3.4GHZ 800MHZ FSB

MEM : 1 GB 2x512

GPU : NVIDIA GF FX5700LE 256MB

CD/DVD DRIVE : SAMSUNG BURNER

PCI : VIA IEEE 1394

HDD : 1 300GB SEAGATE SATA (TIGER XxX 10.4.10 install)

HDD : 1 500GB SEAGATE SATA (LEO INSTALL)

I got the system to work, but then I did a disc where Leopard is installed verification and it comes out with errors. The error I traced is with the boot partition that you have to do to make the drive bootable.

it seems to be problematic, but not a big issue as diskutil says that its a minor error. Best thing to do is if you have a way to format a USB pen drive in Tiger and then copy the patches on there and use Tiger to do the rest, it worked for me.