EFI finally mastered. OS X booted with an UNMODIFIED kernel.

Dr. Hurt

359 posts in this topic

I have currently 7.2 workin on my Vostro 1700! Its great! Now even with PS/2 support! Great work!
PS2 Driver for stock ACPI for Leopard! with EFI boot

I have my 10.5 running on a FDISK_partition_scheme Two questions: 1. how do I convert a FSDISK_partition_scheme to a GUI_partition_scheme 2. What I have to to to have my 10.5 boot without giving -f every time on boot ? ( without it would simply restart)
Right now I can only answer #1AFAIK You can't convert, you need to repartition, so it means everything is erased.Also is not FSDISK, in any case is FDISK, so no FSDISK_partition_scheme is MBR (Master boot Record) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_partitioning

still no idea how to get the pc efi v7.3 from an IRC channel

got ircle installed, connected to iphun.x86.hu #leopard,...

bunch of text,....

could use a hint,....

I'll even take it with uucp ,rcp, but this irc thing is black magic to me.

thanks,

You cannot use the vanilla kernel with any CPU that is not based on the Core architecture. Any Pentium 4 (Prescott/Northwood) or Pentium D (Smithfield/Presler) series will have to run a patched kernel. The new "Pentium Dual Core" series chips are Core 2 CPUs with the cache reduced, so they would work.

So no hope in EFI for Pentium 4 (Prescott/Northwood)...

;)

Hello to all!

Ihave an Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard and a Intel Quadcore cpu.

I can boot with pc_efi only toh´s kernel, vanilla is not possible, after booting with vanilla system hangs and I cannot boot anymore. After reinstalling pc_efi v8 I can boot toh´s kernel again

Something seems to be wrong..I´m running Leopard 10.5.1 and under System Profiler I can´t see "MacPro" There´s no information about the model !

Radeon 1950 XT is not fully working, I don´t know if I would need another efi_patch or whatever could be the reason of this trouble..

MacOSX 10.4.10 is runnig perfectly..

Maybe somebody of you knows more than I

Greetings !

Gary !