Installing Leopard is not without risk

koenlek

7 posts in this topic

Today I installed ToH RC2. It worked very well. No sound and QE/CI in the beginning, but that was easily fixed with some drivers for Tiger. But after I was using it for about an hour, my laptop just powered off. After that my laptop doesn´t react on anything. When i turn it on, the power light burns for about a second and then it turns of again. When connecting it to AC-power then normally 2 LEDs turn on, but that also won´t happen anymore. Short said: my laptop is totally screwed. What I´m trying to say is: be very carefull with these very early Leopard releases...

Maybe anybody has an idea what part of my laptop is screwed up. I guess i will just backup all my data from the disks (by connecting them to desktop using a 2,5 to 3,5" adapter), then erase everything exept for Vista and send it back to the manufacturer, because he is only 3 months old. I´ll tell you how this ends

Greetings, Koen

• 2 weeks later...

I guess i found the problem.

I am afraid i just have been very stupid. I thoroughly tested almost everything, though i forgot to test one thing. I did not leave it for a while on ac power, to see if the battery wasn't just extreme empty. I thought of it, but i just forgot to do it. After connecting it for a longer while i found out that some LEDs turned on again. From that moment, my laptop worked again :hysterical: