Using Apple iMac Remote on Hackintosh

lookup

8 posts in this topic

I have a 10.4.8 JaS osx86 install. I also have a logitech lx 300 wireless ir keyboard/mouse combo. I was wondering if i bought an apple remote, if and how i would use the apple remote for front row/itunes/etc. any information would be helpful.

here's a picture of my mouse/keyboard ir receiver.

Picture

It depends on how the remote syncs with the Imac. If it's bluetooth, you'd probably be able to do it. I reccomend searching for it on this site, or osx86scene.

i'm pretty sure the apple remotes are plain old IR, a regular usb IR receiver should work

If that's the case then all you need to do is make your ir receiver that came with your keyboard and mouse accept a connection with the remote, or if you can't do that with yours then you need to buy a cheap ir receiver. I'm on a dell branded logitech multimedia wireless desktop, and I could never find a way to connect IR remotes to it. Cept the keyboard and mouse. Which the mouse I don't even use...Hmmm....

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I can't start a new one. I have 10.5.6 on my Hackintosh and a Veris IR receiver. Is there any way to get this to work? Google hasn't given me much useful info here. I have a Harmony One remote if that makes any difference.

• 3 weeks later...