650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Anyupdates on which install disc to use? been out of the loop for a while now....

I used iPC's 10.5.6 final disc on an eVGA 680i SLI board. Worked beautifully. Comes with nForceATA, nForceLAN, and every audio choice you can imagine.

I used iPC's 10.5.6 final disc on an eVGA 680i SLI board. Worked beautifully. Comes with nForceATA, nForceLAN, and every audio choice you can imagine.

Wow, that is great news. Did you install on a sata or ide hdd?

• 4 months later...

Hi folks,

I've got an EVGA 680i board with a Core2Quad Q6600 and an EVGA 9600GT - has anyone revisited this to install 10.6.1? I realize this is an old thread, but hopefully things have gotten a bit easier.

JP

Hi folks,

I've got an EVGA 680i board with a Core2Quad Q6600 and an EVGA 9600GT - has anyone revisited this to install 10.6.1? I realize this is an old thread, but hopefully things have gotten a bit easier.

JP

I was wondering the same thing. I was able to get iPC 10.5.6 running pretty painlessly but when I try to upgrade to snow leopard I run into problems. First of all, I can't get the Snow Leopard DVD to boot. Second, When I try to upgrade to snow leopard from within 10.5.6 it says "Mac OS X 10.6 cannot be installed on this computer. For Mac OS X system requirements, see the "Read Before You Install"...

Anybody have any ideas? :(

I was wondering the same thing. I was able to get iPC 10.5.6 running pretty painlessly but when I try to upgrade to snow leopard I run into problems. First of all, I can't get the Snow Leopard DVD to boot. Second, When I try to upgrade to snow leopard from within 10.5.6 it says "Mac OS X 10.6 cannot be installed on this computer. For Mac OS X system requirements, see the "Read Before You Install"...

Anybody have any ideas? :)

Did you come across this thread yet? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...e=show&st=0