I GOT MY INTEL IMAC TODAY!!!

377 posts in this topic

Well it came much earlier than expected, but i got it today. And boy does it run fast. i only have 512 of ram on it, and really the only thing i changed on it was make the video card have 256mb memory, but what a difference an intel processor makes!

Okay so since i have it now, what do you think i should do with it? try to put windows xp on it?

Well it came much earlier than expected, but i got it today. And boy does it run fast. i only have 512 of ram on it, and really the only thing i changed on it was make the video card have 256mb memory, but what a difference an intel processor makes!

Okay so since i have it now, what do you think i should do with it? try to put windows xp on it?

Get the new ATI drivers and upload them here :)

Yes, please. But watch out so that you do not wipe your hard drive involuntarily. Also take a peek here, posting no. 86:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...pic=6700&st=80#

Perhaps you can lay your hands on an EFI-enabled XP Media Center Edition 2005 and try this.

yeah m8 be carefull not to wreck that new mean machine

could you post ati drivers plz plz plz plz plz

okay where would they be located?

okay i'm downloading media center 2005 right now, and i'll burn it to a disc. so in another hour or so i'll see if i can install windows!!!

wooo!!! so excited!~

\System\Library\Extensions\

ATI******

get the nvidia drivers if u dont mind.

Gefore*******

NVDANV******

okay i'm getting them right now!~ the mac isn't online (i'm at work and i brought this in from home. they don't like machines from home to be on the network) so i'm gonna get on cd and burn them.

i'm about 2 minutes away from completely downloading the first cd of windows media center 2005 btw

Update: i'm burning the entire extensions folder right now onto a cd. it's about 112 megs or so.

how u gonna install? do partition on same harddrive..osx/win?

or u got external drive.

well i'm burning the windows media center 2005 right now. but that's a good point. i have no idea how i'm going to do this. do you think i'll run at risk of hurting my machine? i mean i've installed a LOT of OSes before and i've dual booted no problem (i do that on my dev laptop) but i guess i'm just nervous of trying to do this (especially being probably the first person i know of) and screwing up my machine.

You can't physically break the machine, worst comes to worst delete everything and reinstall OS X.

I'd upload the ATI drivers first though ;)

speakin of which! i've got the extensions folder on this machine on cd and i'm zipping up the folder. where should i put them?

well i'm going to see if i can at least boot the Windows Media Center 2005 install cd right now!

well i'm burning the windows media center 2005 right now. but that's a good point. i have no idea how i'm going to do this. do you think i'll run at risk of hurting my machine? i mean i've installed a LOT of OSes before and i've dual booted no problem (i do that on my dev laptop) but i guess i'm just nervous of trying to do this (especially being probably the first person i know of) and screwing up my machine.

Well, seems like nobody really can tell you. You're on your own. A small step for kinkadius, but a giant leap for the whole world-wide Mac fan crowd. ;)

If you stick the ATI files in a ZIP file, then upload them (its at the bottom when you are typing in your post).

Stick them in this thread first, then once someone has got them to work we can stick them in the main ATI thread.

Cheers.

i'm uploading the extensions folder in a zip right now to my private server. i'll have it there until someone can confirm it's downloaded then i'm taking it off. sorry i can't afford the bandwidth. if someone who's on this board a lot can pm me, i'll give you the location