2GB G.Skill DDR2-800

EVGA GeForce 8600GTS 256Mb

320GB Seagate 7200.10 ------ 2 Partitions, 1 for windows & 1 for DATA

40GB Samsung ATA ------ For Leopard ----ATTACHED TO THE JMICRON CONTROLLER---

LiteOn LH-20A1S SATA Burner

Rosewill RP500-2 500Watts

Thermaltake Soprano Case

MSI Bluetooth Adapter

Total cost around $1,020 including shipping components to Costa Rica.

NewEgg Rocks.....

REQUIREMENTS.

Windows XP with slipsteamed SATA Drivers.

Chain0 boot loader

Uphuck 1.3 DVD (10.4.8)

BrazilMAc Leopard DVD

Usb drive formated ad FAT32 with label "PATCHER" and brazilmac Patches.

Tons of patience to boot the leopard disk twice. :thumbsup_anim:

Step1: (Install windows in AHCI Mode & Configure Chain0)

First i made a Windows install disk containing Intel SATA Drivers using NLite and downloading and extracting the the drivers from Intel Matrix Storage Manager (THIS STEP IS NECESSARY IF WANT TO RUN WINDOWS XP WITH AHCI Mode ENABLED in the BIOS). Then i installed Windows on my SATA Drive, installed all drivers and Configured "Chain0". (TO HAVE AS OS BOOT MENU WITH LEOPARD OPTION).

Step2: (Format your mac Drive using DiskUtility from uphuck or any other realese, DO NO USE LEOPARD DISK UTILITY).

I booted from Uphuck 10.4.8 disk and formated my 40GB HD using disk Utility, make sure you're using MBR option (undre the partition tab in diskutility click on options.) and the VOLUME LABEL SHOULD BE "LEOPARD." if you use another volume name you will need to modify the Patcher.

Did a normal installation of 10.4.8, just selected the intel kernel -3 and the base system.

Step3: (Install BrazilMAC Leopard)

Booted BrazilMac Patched Leoapard disk without any problems (IT TAKES A GOOD WHILE TO LOAD, I recommend booting the dvd in verbose mode -v to see the loading status and error messages).

After the installer loaded, Uncheck install packages except for "base system" (THIS IS NOT THE Dual Layer LEOPARD DVD, SOME PACKAGES WERE REMOVED TO LET IT FIT ON A SINGLE LAYER DVD). The install went normally.

Step 4: (Boot once again from the DVD and patch the leopard installation.)

Booted once again from the DVD in verbose mode (press F8 the -v ), run the script from the usb drive using Terminal.

cd /

cd voulumes

cd PATCHER

cd files

./9a581PostPatch.sh

Hit "y" when asked to remove a kext.

then Hit "y" to reboot.

THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL; I DID IT BECAUSE I WAS GETTING NO VIDEO WITH MY 8600GTS, if you have a compatible video card or one that work with NATIT then disregard. :(

Optional Step 5: (Boot from your leopard install in single user mode).

Boot from the HD normally, the SATA drive is my first boot HD, so my Windows boot menu appears, select the OSX option and hit F8 inmediately. then boot with the -s.

Once loaded type you need to delete the natit and NV* kexts, (OR YOU WILL GET NO VIDEO)

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo rm -r natit.kext

sudo rm -r NV*

then reboot.

Enjoy your new leopard release. :P

Everything work great, including both LAN port,usb, firewire, SATA HD, PATA Drive atached to the Jmicron controller. :gun: TO get audio working use the fix below.

AUDIO WORKING:

To get the audio working you need to remove the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

then edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

find <key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

ad <string>0x10ec0888</string>

CTRL + O to save, then CTRL + X so exit.

Finally edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Find: <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

ad <string>0x293e8086</string>

press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

Clean up the system:

sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

cd /System/Library

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

reboot and enjoy.

TIPS:

Boot using 1280x1024 resolution

at boot type: "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60".

RUN SOFTWARE UPDATE:

install the latest itunes version, and ilfe updates, i had no issues with this.

NOT WORKING:

DVD Player, front row, idvd, imovie because of no QE. This can be solved using another video card.

Seems like "time machine" is not working right, need to verify this.

Apps Tested so far:

iLife 08

Vmware fusion 1.1 beta ---NOT WORKING---- (Fails to load virtual machines "Thread error")

Office 2008 beta

Firefox

thunderbird

Frostwire

Transmision

VLC

Stuffit deluxe

I will order a GeForce7600GT in the following days to get full Video Aceleration and QE.

Also maybe i will get a Xbox Web cam, cause it works out of the box.

I HOPE this information to be helpfull to someone.

Enjoy.

By the Way: i run leopard on my pc cause here in Costa Rica a Mac Book cost $2000, yes $2000, i`m talkin about the mid model, the one with Super drive, not even the blakc model, ;) . i'm not paying $700 more.

Otherwise i will buy and mac book and run this with all Steve greatness :D .

So steve if you`re reading this please, order the apple store in Costa Rica to offer normal product prices and i will faitfully order a mac book or even a mac book pro.

Leo_Desk.tiff

I also successfully installed leopard on my IP35 Pro

I don't know why you had to do all that to get the AHCI option in the bios, mine was always there without all that.

I used an uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 disk to format my disk and install Tiger, I then upgraded my installation to leopard with the ToH RC2 installer. Much easier than the brazilmac disk.

8800 works great with NVinject drivers, audio works with the fix, its is great

IP35 Pro works here too.

Used TOH RC2 release, then boot -s to run ./script.sh "myLeopardVolume" in /usr/misc to get the bootload installed.

Nvidia 7600GT, used Natit install from web

Audio done from above

Now does any know how to Fusion a dual vista boot?

I get com.apple.boot.plist not found with my ip35 pro. Sata and storage mode is ahci, hdd is a samsung t166 sata and dvd is ide. Do i need an ide hdd or sata dvd to fix that or is there a method to fix that problem? With JaS 10.4.8 I get the same error :/

With Sata-DVD the error is gone but i get "still waiting for root device" with the format & make bootable dvd from kalyway and the brazilmac dvd also won't boot...

my hw is:

c2d e6420

ip35 pro

2x2gb g.skill ddr2-800

xfx 7600GT

samsung t166 320gb s-ata II

lg gsa-h66n s-ata dvd-rw

can someone help?

€: here is a pic of the error when booting from brazilmac dvd: http://www.planet-ira.de/wallpaper/error.jpg

€2: fixed it... the internal usb connection from my aquaero was the problem

I have an IP-35 PRO and I have not had any luck except for installing 10.4.10 using VMWare.

With my IDE dvd drive, I get the boot.plist error

With my SATA drive and BIOS set to IDE, the installer disks will boot, but all give me "still waiting for rood device error". In this mode, 10.4.10 will not boot.

With my SATA drive and BIOS set to AHCI the installer disks will not boot but the installed 10.4.10 will boot. While I can't boot from optical disks in this mode, they show up in operating systems.

It seems like I need to be able to boot with the SATA drive in AHCI mode, but that doesn't appear to be an option.

I'm using a samsung sata drive. Any ideas?

I gave up on trying to get an install working. I don't know how you are supposed to generally do it on this mobo unless you are lucky and have a dvd burner that will boot in ahci mode. Mine will not.

Instead I used the flat image. It was fast, easy, and works very well. The only thing I had to do was edit the AzaliaAudio.kext to include the hardware ids for my sound card. We should add this mobo to the HCL, but I don't have permisison.

I used an uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 disk to format my disk and install Tiger, I then upgraded my installation to leopard with the ToH RC2 installer. Much easier than the brazilmac disk.

I can't seem to get 10.4.9 1.3 to boot properly. I get these errors:

Firewire (OHCI) TI ID 8023 PCI Now Active, Guid 00508d00009b7f28; max speed s400

-then i disable firewire to get past that and get:

WARNING: ATA Drive claims FLUSH CACHE EXT feature support but does not claim Extended LBA feature support

-I disconnect my IDE drive to get past that and get:

Apple PS2 Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream.

-Great, so I switch to USB for my keyboard and mouse to get:

USB Caused wake event (EHCI)

The ToH cd installs great but then when I try to boot it up I get a chain0 boot error.

Does anybody else get any of these issues?

My machine is:

Abit ip35 pro

Intel q6600

Crucial ballistix 4gb DDR2 800 PC2 6400

320 gb seagate sata II

120 gb maxtor IDE

Geforce fx5200

10.5.1 and vanilla kernel working with efi 5.1 without any problems on my IP35 Pro. I had to reinstall Leopard because I had 2 HFS+ partition and some booting problems but now it works. I installed normal with brazil patches etc. and installed EFI and vanilla kernel under this guide. 10.5.1 and all other updates were no problem after that. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone know how to get Leopard to boot in ATA instead of AHCI, or to get an already installed XP to boot in AHCI?

XP is simple. you just download the AHCI driver and update the SATA driver from the device manager. And the AHCI is ready to go.

No need to reinstall XP.

I seem to be getting really bad disk performance with my sata hd. (i.e any file copying seems to grind the entire system to a halt, not crashed, just ridiculously slow.) It appears to be blocking like crazy on disk IO.... Is there something I'm missing with drivers?

I haven't done any major changes to drivers since using the brazilmac install. All I've setup is pc_efi v5.2 and my zd1211 wireless drivers. I am running the vanilla 10.5.1 kernel.

Also I'm also getting bootup kernel panics around 30% of the time. According to the panic message (at least what i can read), occasionally one of the cores is unable to respond to interrupts. But, if it gets past that point in bootup, it doesn't panic ever.

My Specs:

pc_efi v5.2

vanilla 10.5.1 kernel

xeon x3210 (quad)

4gb ram

ip35 pro

8800gtx

2x hitachi 160gb sata II drives (AHCI mode)

1x ide dvd burner

I used the flat file image because i cant get any installation to boot or install 10.5. There seems to be an issue with the jmicron ide interface as ive seen. There is support for the ATI 1900 series video cards ive downloaded them previously here in the forums there is alos a quick installer that does everything for you just search for it.. audio confirmed working it was fairly simple..the link below is where i got all my drivers for everything.

HOWEVER

The flat file install is too small and i would like to install this along with all the other OS's on my raptor drive. :D i have plenty of room on other drives for storage. as you can see, ive maxxed out this board and it screams well not the raid but thats just for file storage so i really dont care although i might get a better raid controller in the near future..

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t36886.html

I (along with others it seems)need help as i have an ide dvd burner in the jmicron and i have an external drive through usb and neither of them will boot and dvd i throw at them..

My Question is what version of osx 10 are you using what is the maker of the DVD uphuck Kalyway etc and how did you get them to boot what devices.. so we can get a definate thread JUST About this Board and the right setup to get it working properly..

I can also confirm that the HDA patcher gets audio working on the IP35Pro, even input!

However, I still have other problems with IP35Pro (this is using EFI and vanilla kernel):

1. Shutdown doesn't power off the system. It worked however with the ToH kernel.

2. Reboot doesn't work (brings down system but doesn't restart computer). It worked however with the ToH kernel.

3. I still get the _CFGetHostUUIDString error, even though I replaced IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Could it have anything to do with using the 2nd Ethernet port and not the 1st for my LAN connection?

4. Standby . . . didn't even try yet due to above issues with power management, and because it was not working even with the ToH kernel.

Any suggestions?

Okay... I've been trying this off and on for a couple of weeks now, and I've got to be missing something...

I've tried a downloaded version of BrazilMac, and I tried a version I made myself on my PowerMac G5.

I've tried booting from a SATA drive, and I either get "waiting for root device" or the grey startup screen with the "no" symbol. I've also tried booting from an IDE drive (set to master), and it doesn't boot at all.

I don't get what I'm missing here. I've read about OS X only seeing the first two SATA ports on ICH9-R boards, but nobody's confirmed that's a problem on the IP35-Pro. (I have my SATA optical drive on port #6 and hard drives on 1 - 3)

If anybody could point me in a direction here, I'd really appreciate it.

Hi all,

@Toastmaster : my Optiark ODD is plugged on #1, the rest of the HDD from #3-6, controler set to AHCI, the "Mac" disk (Seagate 120 GB) is on #3.

Kalyway booted fine on that, iAtkos too.

The XXX 10.4.11 disc needed the ODD set to IDE to boot.

Does it help?

By the way, the Kalyway 10.5.1 show my other HDD (mostly NTFS) as "ejectable", the Leo Flat image or other 10.4.x didn't. Do you have an idea how to avoid it and get back with "fixed" drives.