HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

null0byte or whatever your name is, How did you get Vanilla Kernal & EFI AND CPU throttling? Inside iAtkos, it clearly says that if you get CPU throttler, you will get kernal panic.

Believable,

If you had noticed, I had said not throttling the CPU itself, the CPU FAN. It goes up and down as i use the comp, but usually stays at a low speed and fairly quiet. In Vista i would have the FAN shut off completely at times, and my laptop would get fairly hot. In OSX the fan stays on all the time but the fan speed would change, which, I am guessing now, would be a part of the fan controller circuitry itself and not controlled by the OS. I was originally under the impression that others had ended up with their CPU fan running full bore all the time and was fairly loud. I was pleasantly surprised when my CPU fan speed would change based on computer load and figured I would mention it.

My apologies for the confusion, I will mark out the comment about the CPU fan throttling.

I'm a fellow dv9000 user and need some help.

I'm currently inside OS X 10.4.5 now, but have problems.

Firstly, I don't get the apple screen when it boots up, I get lots of text on the screen, messages telling me whats loading e.t.c. How do I solve that?

I have no idea if I should, but I'm currently doing Software Update.

I can't find the 10.4.5 - 10.4.6 update anywhere.

I have no idea where to find a driver for Nvidia GO 7600 or the audio driver.

Can anyone point me in the direction?

It's a dv9385ea by the way.

Cheers.

Ok now let me do this proper, now that I have figured out some stuff.

Leopard Install - iAtkos10i

HP Laptop Model - Hp dv6000t

What's Working

Video - GeForce Go 7400, 256mb of ram. For the most part, my video has always worked, even when I installed the kext manually. It displays at the resolution it should, no problems.

Audio - Once again, Never had any real problems with this. When I had Kalyway, I chose Azalia Out to get it working. It automatically works in iAtkos. I have only really tried audio out, the one you hear through the speakers, I really could care less about the other stuff at this particular moment.

Network - Once again, no problems whatsoever. I hook ethernet into my laptop, it just works.

Wireless - Has never worked for me. When I even try to install that little patch for the wireless patch (3945a/b/g patch) a warning fades over my screen telling me to restart, and when I boot up it won't let me, just telling me to restart. I have to reformat and start fresh to fix this issue.

Webcam - Also has never worked.

Quicktouch buttons - Actually works somewhat. The mute button, and the volume up and down work.

Shutdown/Sleep/Restart - Shutdown works fine, Restart works fine, Sleep is the only thing that doesn't work. When I go into Sleep, once I awake my computer starts, I know this because when I start mashing on the keyboard and stuff I can hear the little beeps and sounds from Leopard. But my screen for some reason hasn't turned on. Closing and opening the lid doesn't help this matter either.

Overheating - The ONLY main issue I have, have had it since the beginning, which is the only one that really matters. This thing gets freakin HOT. Sadly I'm even using another computer now (With Windows 98' on it ;) ) because my laptop shut off, presumably because of the heat. Let me elaborate.

First off, all the necessary kexts are deleted (Thermo, Power Management, that's it I think) And I even have CPU Throttler. I don't know if having EFI & Vanilla Kernel will help it run cooler, but the only reason I didn't install EFI + Vanilla Kernal is because I thought it would be more beneficial to get the CPU Throttle, tell me if I'm wrong in that assumption.

My CPU's get hot, but my Hard Drive gets way hotter by the way. I was actually just using my Laptop, and it shut off, and this is what happens when it overheats and shuts off; All of a sudden the screen goes black, and my QuickTouch buttons start flashing violently, until I have to do a hard reset (hold power button). I mean everything would be practically perfect if not for the overheating problems. I don't know what I can do at this point, I sadly may have to go back to Windows XP if I can't fix it.

I do know that when I had Windows Vista my laptop got pretty hot also, and when I had XP it would get mildly hot, but not as hot as I have now. But it did get pretty hot before. The only thing I can think of, is maybe something in the BIOS, but there are no options in there that seem useful, aside from enabling or disabling SATA support (which I have enabled because I have an SATA drive). Maybe the version of BIOS I have. Who knows. Also if I knew the difference between sse2 and sse3 that might be helpful.

hey man,

i have the same machine, would u b kind enough 2 describe which leopard distribution u used and how u got it installed?

thanx!

-t

I have a dv9000 series and am trying OSX for the first time

Here's some specs:

CPU: Core2Duo @ 2GHZ

RAM: 2GB

HD: 2 x 100GB

Graphics: GFgo7600 256MB

My story: I would love to dual or multi-boot with Vista, Leopard (and possibly Ubuntu). I ran the leopard install and everything went fine. It allowed me to format the second hard drive and install Leopard there.

But when it came time to configure the boot loader, I chickened out because I didn't want to lose Vista booting. So, I just rebooted without installing the boot loader.

Now I have Leopard sitting on the second drive and I don't know how to boot it.

Any ideas?

(complete b00by, i mean... n00b here. thanks!)

Leopard Install - iAKTOS 1.0i

HP Laptop Model: dv9260nr

Whats Working

Video - yes - with issues(using NVInject extensions)

Audio - yes(out of box)

Network: LAN: Yes(Out of box) WAN: No(stupid Intel card)

Webcam: Yes(Out of box)

Issues:

I'm having issues with the Video card. I tried using NVInject 0.2.1 driver from nvinject.free.fr, which allows me to bump up the resolution to 1440x900 and am able to play World of Warcraft(thus have video acceleration), however after a random period of time(anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour), it'll all of a suddon make my screen turn off. If I push a button or move the mouse, the screen turns on, goes white with many different colors of vertical lines, with the white parts slowly fading to black(the colored lines remain). At this point the only way to get back in is to turn off the system. This all happens whether I'm using it or am letting it sit idle.

It isn't going into sleep mode and isn't a power saving feature as I've disabled all of these. If I don't run the NVInject driver and let it use the default drivers, I get a max resolution of 1024x768 and no video acceleration, but I was able to leave it up and running for a few hours and it never did do the whole screen freak out thing. I've also tried the NVInjectGo 0.2.0 driver, but no change... anyone else seeing this/have a possible fix?

Don't know why, but I may have figured out a temporary "fix"...

I was reading a post from another site talking about getting blue screens, sometimes no screens, etc when booting up and they suggested booting with cpus=1. For the fun of it I did the same and so far so good. I've been up and running for about 1 1/2 hours and no screen freakouts yet. Kind of sucks that I can't take advantage of the dual cores, but at least it appears to be running fine. Anyone with any suggestions on what else I can try? Seems odd that I can run both cores without the NVinject extensions, but have to only use 1 core if I want descent video by using NVinject.

EDIT: NVM... after about 3 hours of up time, the display finally freaked out.

Has anyone without wireless tried editing the networkinterfaces.plist. I changed 2 of the values here and my wireless works fine, even the switch on the front of the machine turns it on and off. I have a dv6315. Everything works except my front panel audio ports :) . Can't ffind a solution to that problem anywhere.

Has anyone without wireless tried editing the networkinterfaces.plist. I changed 2 of the values here and my wireless works fine, even the switch on the front of the machine turns it on and off. I have a dv6315. Everything works except my front panel audio ports :unsure: . Can't ffind a solution to that problem anywhere.

Wow if this is true that is huge, what did u edit to get the wireless to work, i looked for that plist file and found nothing, please explain :)

Could someone help me out?

I have a DV6700 with the following:

2.0C2D

1.5gb ram

Nvidia graphics

Intel 3945 wireless

160gb drive

dvd burner

etc.

I tried running iatkos 1.0 and doing practically every install variation and I constantly get a kernel panic. Anyone know what I should do?

I have a dv9500 which is similar to a dv9000 however, I am having problems getting a stable version of Iatkosr2

Core2duo 2.0

GM965 motherboard

Nvidia 8600M GS

Two hard drives 200GB for Vista, 100 GB for Leopard and Ubuntu

I can install just fine. When I reboot from installation to setup Leopard, I can see the Apple Logo and a spinning wheel. Then the screen darkens and it asks me to reboot (kernel panic). Whenever I boot with -v, the only thing that could cause a problem would be

"extension com.driver.apple.ACPIPlatform has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style"

The funny thing is that I have chosen several different patches (even not selecting ACPIPlatformplugin.kext to see). No matter what I do, I get this kernel panic. Please help, I am running out of options.

If you want to try editing the network kext the same as I did. Go to library/preferences/systemconfiguration, open networkinterfaces.plist, look down the list, where you see <string>en0</string> near the top, change the 0 to a 1. down further look for <integer>0</integer>, change that to a 0, reboot, right click on the menu bar icon, open network preferences, and window should pop up saying new port detected, click ok, apply, and iwireless now works.

Ok, it's my turn to try this!

I have a mac, infact I am using to post this!

Got so sick of Vista, that now I want to put mac os on to my vista DV9000.

dv9000

Core duo 2.0ghz

2gb RAM

Nvidia Go 7600 256mb

160gb running vista

160gb ready for ox

However using the iATKOS 1.0 install, and the '-v' switch, the screen stops at:

directoryservices[51]: Lanched version 5.0 (v514)

I noted the following;

firewire error - unable to determin security mode;

Jettisoning kernel linker

Ketd[47]: can't add repository (not a direcotory).

Resetting IOCatalogue

:root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel link data generation.

Directoryservices[51]: Lanched version 5.0 (v514)

I have read a number of posts, and it looks like this laptop should be able to run mac osx but I just can not get passed this problem.

Can anyone suggest what I have done wrong? or some other switchs I can use to problem solve this?

I have posted this here an and in the Tiger group.

Troy

My DV9207 working with iATKOS 1 but ir2 patched iso would fail! So you may want to try patching who knows.

Obtw I got a $10 Dell 1490 minipci wireless card off ebay abd using BlueDragon_1971's modded bios , wireless works fine. it also works better in dows than the 3945! Am having issues with sleep and screensaver, I think thats all, my ir remote works :(.

Now booting XP(games),Vista(testing),OSX86(testing),PCLinuxOS(general computing) I may have to reinstall or unhide partition so i can use Quickplay again.

A shout out to all who made this possible :P

Well, just to let you know I have had success getting the system to boot!

after the F8 I had to put the following string in

-v -f platform=X86PC cpus=1 -legacy

Not sure if its going to work, but I have the welcome screen up!

Have a good one

Hey everyone, I have a dv9000t with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

2GB RAM

512MB 7600go video

17" 1440 x 900 screen

I recently installed the Kalyway ISO and the installation when flawlessly. I chose:

Vanilla Kernel (both of them, with no SSE2)

Nvinjectgo 512

Azalia Audio

GUID

the booting and everything runs fine, I use GRUB to triboot with vista ubuntu and mac

So I load mac and it has the apple logo with the loading circle thing, then the screen turns blue, then black with the mouse on the top lefthand corner and nothing...

I figured out if I boot with -x, it all runs fine and very nicely! I can login, do everything, perfect resultion and everthing. But QE is not enabled... What is the problem?

Thanks!