• Please log in to reply
528 replies to this topic

ulyanov77

ulyanov77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I've installed on my dv6000 with Kalyway with few problems. However, my webcam (actually kinda want it), line-in, and wireless of course. I noticed that some of you could only boot from the install disc, as did I. I eventually found that Kalyway can't support spaces in the volume name (hence, my "Macintosh HD" would not work). After reinstalling with the partition renamed "Leopard," it now boots from the hard disk. If anyone knows of a webcam solution, I would appreciate it, as it does seem that it works on my model.

jpsiemer

jpsiemer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm thinking of buying the "HP DV9750US" (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834147559)

Do you guys think this will be compatible? Also, what kind of wireless cards do the 9000 series HP laptops support? Looking to run iATKOS Leopard.

Any feedback on this system is appreciated....

ulyanov77

ulyanov77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I'm thinking of buying the "HP DV9750US" (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834147559)

Do you guys think this will be compatible? Also, what kind of wireless cards do the 9000 series HP laptops support? Looking to run iATKOS Leopard.

Any feedback on this system is appreciated....

I'm not sure about the dv9000 specifically, but if you go with the wireless option of a/b/g with bluetooth, it will most likely be the intel 3945 which has no drivers and seems to not have prospects of having any developed anytime soon. Scratch that; it looks like there has been some genuine progress made very recently. I wouldn't put it out of reach that there will be a working driver in the near future.

blacknight

blacknight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Guys, Does the camera works because i have dv 6560 when i use Phonebooth it all green

jpsiemer

jpsiemer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

I'm not sure about the dv9000 specifically, but if you go with the wireless option of a/b/g with bluetooth, it will most likely be the intel 3945 which has no drivers and seems to not have prospects of having any developed anytime soon. Scratch that; it looks like there has been some genuine progress made very recently. I wouldn't put it out of reach that there will be a working driver in the near future.

O ya? U got a link to the post or anything. Interested to find out more information

ulyanov77

ulyanov77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

O ya? U got a link to the post or anything. Interested to find out more information

http://forum.insanel...o...976&st=3920
The user symuc has been making heavy contributions lately and now has leopard at least recognizing the wireless card.

kowyzg0moo

kowyzg0moo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi everyone! I personally own a dv6244us and I was able to get Leopard to run with iATKOS v1.0, dual boot with Vista Home Premium

What's Working:
- Intel HD Conexant Audio, Headphone Jacks
- Intel GMA 950, 1280x800 Resolution, Out of Box
- USB and Firewire (Tested)
- Lightscribe Dual Layer DVD Burner (Tested, Burns perfectly)
- Dual Display Supported
- Intel Ethernet (Tested)
- CPU Speedstep (Fan fluctuates based off load)
- Touch Sensitive QuickPlay Buttons (Play, Pause, Next, Back, Mute, Volume Slider)

What's Not Working:
- Integrated Webcam, not recognized (I really want this, can anyone help me with this please???)
- Line In/Out Jack
- Integrated Microphone
- Card Reader (Fails to Load)
- Intel Wireless 3945 (Replaced with D-Link DUA-1340 USB Adapter w/ Ralink 1.4 Drivers)
- Sleep works sometimes and other times it locks up the display

I'm hoping you guys can provide some help regarding the Webcam, since that's the only main reason why I'm not willing to switch over to Leopard yet. Other than that though, everything runs smoothly. Hope that info helps! :)

believable

believable

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Guys, I have a Hp dv2000t which is basically identical to these. My laptop keeps getting really really hot on mac and my fans are working overtime Was wondering if anyone had any solutions.. Intel Core 2 Duo, 120 GB SATA, 3459abg, 945 chipset, etc.

Null0byte

Null0byte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Leopard Install:

iATKOS 1.0i with EFI and Vanilla Kernel
Dual Boot with Vista Home Premium using the Vista Bootloader (configured with Easy BCD)

HP Laptop Model:

HP dv9200 CTO
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0GHz
2GB DDR2 667
1 - 100GB HD with Vista
1 - 80GB HD with Leopard both internal
nVidia GeforceGo 7600 256MB

What Works:
- Video - nVidia GeforceGo 7600 256MB - 1680X1050 full QE support out of the box
- DVD Burner - burns discs perfectly
- Expresscard Slot - installed a Novatel v740 EVDO Rev. A card and connected to the internet
- USB ports - have plugged in several devices including a flatbed scanner successfully
- Audio - Out of the box through main speakers only
- Webcam - Worked out of the box, surprised me by asking to take my picture for the user profile
- Infrared receiver - included remote works for volume, mute anywhere in the OS and arrow keys on DVD menus only in DVD player
- Quicklaunch buttons for mute and volume only, but the color does not change when the sound is muted
- Bluetooth - works great with my bluetooth mouse and even discovered my blackberry on it's own and added a bluetooth DUN profile.
- Keyboard
- Trackpad

Edit: Marking out the following line 01/20/08
- CPU fan throttling - laptop runs cooler than in Vista (much MUCH cooler)

About This Mac shows the correct Proccessor, speed, RAM and speed of RAM

Am able to run software updates directly from Apple successfully due to the vanilla kernel and EFI.

What Doesn't Work:
- Intel Wireless - No Surprise
- Card Reader
- Front audio ports
- Every Quicklaunch Button other than the volume and mute (amazed the volume and mute works)
- Sleep - Doesn't wake up
- No battery indicator (Edit: Added 01/20/08)

Information for the video card shows it as an Unknown nVidia and with half the amount of RAM. I know this is just a cosmetic issue as the Darwin loader shows the correct amount of VRAM and the 3D performance is excellent. (World of Warcraft plays beautifully...when I can connect)

What hasn't been tested yet:
- VGA and HDMI ports - possibly the VGA might work, don't know. Not expecting the HDMI port to work at all
- Firewire
- Modem - Doubting this will work as the System Profiler says "No Information Found" for the modem
- Expansion Dock port - don't have one to try it out with

What was once working and now is not:
Wired Ethernet - This is very perplexing and EXTREMELY frustrating to me at this point. At first, the Intel ethernet adapter was recognized and pulled an IP address when the cable was plugged in. Then, one day while relaxing with some World of Warcraft the eth0 interface suddenly dropped and shows as not connected. No amount of resetting the interface or manually configuring the TCP/IP info will get it back.

Edit: NOW it works when I disable it and re-enable it in Network Prefrences, though it still shows as Not Connected, it pulls DHCP info now, hopefully 10.5.2 will help some.

Another note is that when I originally installed I experienced the Looping "Welcome to Mac" screen where it would ask you if you had a Mac before or if this is your first mac. When you would choose this is your first mac and click next it would loop back to the welcome video. I stumbled upon a rather odd way of getting past it and to be honest, I don't know if it would work again. Rather than click on the option that says there is no other mac to copy a user profile from, I clicked one of the other options, to copy the profile. I clicked next and went to the next screen but then immediately clicked back to return to the selection screen. This time I chose the New Macintosh option (the one that caused the looping) and somehow this time it worked and I was able to set up my profile.

As for the never waking from sleep problem. I turned everything off in Energy Saver and set everything else to Never where appropriate. As I don't leave my laptop for long when it's on, this option works just fine for me. The screensaver can run on the rare occaisions I step away for a short time.

attempts

attempts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
sorry to spam this question in every forum i enter, but i can't find an answer.

is it possible at all to get headphone jacks working on a dv9000t conexant which shows up as:
Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x103C30BB

or anything else? and if that's a question so stupid it's not worth answering, could someone post a url to the answer?

thanks, everyone!

believable

believable

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
null0byte or whatever your name is, How did you get Vanilla Kernal & EFI AND CPU throttling? Inside iAtkos, it clearly says that if you get CPU throttler, you will get kernal panic.

Null0byte

Null0byte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

null0byte or whatever your name is, How did you get Vanilla Kernal & EFI AND CPU throttling? Inside iAtkos, it clearly says that if you get CPU throttler, you will get kernal panic.

Believable,

If you had noticed, I had said not throttling the CPU itself, the CPU FAN. It goes up and down as i use the comp, but usually stays at a low speed and fairly quiet. In Vista i would have the FAN shut off completely at times, and my laptop would get fairly hot. In OSX the fan stays on all the time but the fan speed would change, which, I am guessing now, would be a part of the fan controller circuitry itself and not controlled by the OS. I was originally under the impression that others had ended up with their CPU fan running full bore all the time and was fairly loud. I was pleasantly surprised when my CPU fan speed would change based on computer load and figured I would mention it.

My apologies for the confusion, I will mark out the comment about the CPU fan throttling.

Amon Duul

Amon Duul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I'm a fellow dv9000 user and need some help.

I'm currently inside OS X 10.4.5 now, but have problems.
Firstly, I don't get the apple screen when it boots up, I get lots of text on the screen, messages telling me whats loading e.t.c. How do I solve that?

I have no idea if I should, but I'm currently doing Software Update.
I can't find the 10.4.5 - 10.4.6 update anywhere.

I have no idea where to find a driver for Nvidia GO 7600 or the audio driver.

Can anyone point me in the direction?

It's a dv9385ea by the way.

Cheers.

believable

believable

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Ok now let me do this proper, now that I have figured out some stuff.

Leopard Install - iAtkos10i
HP Laptop Model - Hp dv6000t

What's Working

Video - GeForce Go 7400, 256mb of ram. For the most part, my video has always worked, even when I installed the kext manually. It displays at the resolution it should, no problems.

Audio - Once again, Never had any real problems with this. When I had Kalyway, I chose Azalia Out to get it working. It automatically works in iAtkos. I have only really tried audio out, the one you hear through the speakers, I really could care less about the other stuff at this particular moment.

Network - Once again, no problems whatsoever. I hook ethernet into my laptop, it just works.

Wireless - Has never worked for me. When I even try to install that little patch for the wireless patch (3945a/b/g patch) a warning fades over my screen telling me to restart, and when I boot up it won't let me, just telling me to restart. I have to reformat and start fresh to fix this issue.

Webcam - Also has never worked.

Quicktouch buttons - Actually works somewhat. The mute button, and the volume up and down work.

Shutdown/Sleep/Restart - Shutdown works fine, Restart works fine, Sleep is the only thing that doesn't work. When I go into Sleep, once I awake my computer starts, I know this because when I start mashing on the keyboard and stuff I can hear the little beeps and sounds from Leopard. But my screen for some reason hasn't turned on. Closing and opening the lid doesn't help this matter either.

Overheating - The ONLY main issue I have, have had it since the beginning, which is the only one that really matters. This thing gets freakin HOT. Sadly I'm even using another computer now (With Windows 98' on it ;) ) because my laptop shut off, presumably because of the heat. Let me elaborate.

First off, all the necessary kexts are deleted (Thermo, Power Management, that's it I think) And I even have CPU Throttler. I don't know if having EFI & Vanilla Kernel will help it run cooler, but the only reason I didn't install EFI + Vanilla Kernal is because I thought it would be more beneficial to get the CPU Throttle, tell me if I'm wrong in that assumption.

My CPU's get hot, but my Hard Drive gets way hotter by the way. I was actually just using my Laptop, and it shut off, and this is what happens when it overheats and shuts off; All of a sudden the screen goes black, and my QuickTouch buttons start flashing violently, until I have to do a hard reset (hold power button). I mean everything would be practically perfect if not for the overheating problems. I don't know what I can do at this point, I sadly may have to go back to Windows XP if I can't fix it.

I do know that when I had Windows Vista my laptop got pretty hot also, and when I had XP it would get mildly hot, but not as hot as I have now. But it did get pretty hot before. The only thing I can think of, is maybe something in the BIOS, but there are no options in there that seem useful, aside from enabling or disabling SATA support (which I have enabled because I have an SATA drive). Maybe the version of BIOS I have. Who knows. Also if I knew the difference between sse2 and sse3 that might be helpful.

tzurs

tzurs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hey man,

i have the same machine, would u b kind enough 2 describe which leopard distribution u used and how u got it installed?
thanx!
-t

I have a dv9000 series and am trying OSX for the first time

Here's some specs:

CPU: Core2Duo @ 2GHZ
RAM: 2GB
HD: 2 x 100GB
Graphics: GFgo7600 256MB

My story: I would love to dual or multi-boot with Vista, Leopard (and possibly Ubuntu). I ran the leopard install and everything went fine. It allowed me to format the second hard drive and install Leopard there.

But when it came time to configure the boot loader, I chickened out because I didn't want to lose Vista booting. So, I just rebooted without installing the boot loader.

Now I have Leopard sitting on the second drive and I don't know how to boot it.

Any ideas?

(complete b00by, i mean... n00b here. thanks!)

kowyzg0moo

kowyzg0moo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Does anyone have the kext file in order to get the Integrated Webcam for HP to work?

ben_1080

ben_1080

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey i am having problems with the ethernet working with my dv9000t. What did you use for to fix that?

Ben

toasterlint

toasterlint

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Leopard Install - iAKTOS 1.0i
HP Laptop Model: dv9260nr

Whats Working
Video - yes - with issues(using NVInject extensions)
Audio - yes(out of box)
Network: LAN: Yes(Out of box) WAN: No(stupid Intel card)
Webcam: Yes(Out of box)

Issues:

I'm having issues with the Video card. I tried using NVInject 0.2.1 driver from nvinject.free.fr, which allows me to bump up the resolution to 1440x900 and am able to play World of Warcraft(thus have video acceleration), however after a random period of time(anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour), it'll all of a suddon make my screen turn off. If I push a button or move the mouse, the screen turns on, goes white with many different colors of vertical lines, with the white parts slowly fading to black(the colored lines remain). At this point the only way to get back in is to turn off the system. This all happens whether I'm using it or am letting it sit idle.

It isn't going into sleep mode and isn't a power saving feature as I've disabled all of these. If I don't run the NVInject driver and let it use the default drivers, I get a max resolution of 1024x768 and no video acceleration, but I was able to leave it up and running for a few hours and it never did do the whole screen freak out thing. I've also tried the NVInjectGo 0.2.0 driver, but no change... anyone else seeing this/have a possible fix?

toasterlint

toasterlint

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Don't know why, but I may have figured out a temporary "fix"...

I was reading a post from another site talking about getting blue screens, sometimes no screens, etc when booting up and they suggested booting with cpus=1. For the fun of it I did the same and so far so good. I've been up and running for about 1 1/2 hours and no screen freakouts yet. Kind of sucks that I can't take advantage of the dual cores, but at least it appears to be running fine. Anyone with any suggestions on what else I can try? Seems odd that I can run both cores without the NVinject extensions, but have to only use 1 core if I want descent video by using NVinject.

EDIT: NVM... after about 3 hours of up time, the display finally freaked out.

CHillmyster03

CHillmyster03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Has anyone without wireless tried editing the networkinterfaces.plist. I changed 2 of the values here and my wireless works fine, even the switch on the front of the machine turns it on and off. I have a dv6315. Everything works except my front panel audio ports :) . Can't ffind a solution to that problem anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy