• Please log in to reply
528 replies to this topic

Alberto Camarillo

Alberto Camarillo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
ok Thanks!! man i'll try it later on today, im at school right now...

Hi Alberto Camarill,

haha my last name isn't complete there.. its Camarillo.. its ok..

thanks again.

----
Also alittle off topic here..

Why dosn't ToH RC2 have boot camp?

Empra Great

Empra Great

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Alberto

First I used the kalway CD to make leopard bootable partition (look for it in the usual places), you have to erase before run the installer from the CD, then re-boot into ToH and install. This how it worked for me.

I hope that help

Empra

HP dv6447om

SPECS:
Core Duo
17" 1280x800
200 GB 4500 RPM HD
2GB RAM

Installed: Leopard ToH R2

Partitions:
-158 GB Vista
-7 GB OS X (1GB Left)
-20 GB Music Partition

Working:
-Audio (Intel HDA Conexant) (Laptop Speakers Only) AzaliaAudio.pkg Topic
-Graphics (Intel GMA950 CI/QE Working Perfect!)
-Integrated Webcam working perfect out of the box
-USB Ports (all)
-Firewire (Not tested but detected with 400MB/S)
-DVD Drive Plays DVDs perfect, Havent' tested Burn Capability, but System Profiler say's its supported
-HP IR Remote Works fine with Front Row
-Dual Display 1280x800 and 1280x1024(VGA)

Not Tested:
-Firewire
-Ethernet

Not Working:
-Intel Wireless PROSet/Wireless 3945a/b/g
-Mic/Out/SPDIF
-Recover from Sleep
-Boot from OS X Partition (Have to use ToH Disk :blink: 'uck!) ("Empra Great"can you direct me to the solution? Thanks!!
-Multi-Card Reader

nrrtv

nrrtv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Any of you mad sucess on ethernet or wireless work?ops, mad= made any success on make ethernet or wireless to work

Glauber

Glauber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Still looking for a webcam solution....

Glauber

nrrtv

nrrtv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Glauber. I used that Flat Image Leopard. Works like a charm (some minor image glintches, although)

Glauber

Glauber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Do you have the DV9000 notebook??

Glauber

nrrtv

nrrtv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yeap. dv9000 series (DV9200cto)

hoopplaya4

hoopplaya4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Albert, did Glauber's method work? Or did you have to do it Empra's way?

I installed ToH fine, then tried the rofl fix (so that I can boot without the CD), but just get the blinking "_" and that's it.

If not, Empra, can you provide a little bit more detailed information on doing it with kalway? First, where do I find it, "in the usual places?" And second, if I do use kalway to make the partition bootable, does that I mean I have to re-install leopard?

Sorry for the questions, I'm new at osx86, but lovin' it!

Thanks!

Alberto Camarillo

Alberto Camarillo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hey hoopplaya4 i used Glauber's way and it worked perfectly, then i was trying to get Vista and Leopard to dualboot and failed .. i then reinstalled Leopard and Manually added OS X's Bootloader(Glauber's way) and i got the same as you with the blinking underscore _. I did it many times and still the same, I even deleted OS X's partition and restarted with a new fresh leopard install and still got the same results.. Im thinking im just gonna Format the entire HD and Make 4 Partitions (Vista, OS X, Linux, Shared), and use Linux'es Grub bootloader to boot Vista and OS X, i know for sure it will work that way because iv done it in the past, its just that don't want 3 OS's on my Laptop.. i don't use linux much so its gonna be a waste of HD Space.

I havn't used Empras way since Glauber's seems way much easier to me, just that it takes 10+ min to load os x'es Installer!!!!

Xavior Penguin

Xavior Penguin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I have the HP Pavilion dv6205us
I installed Leopard using the ToH disc and after installing it, it found the Wireless without any tweaking.
It also found my Intel GMA950 display with no issue and was set at the correct resolution when booting up.
I have it now on 10.5.1. If you follow the links below this, you will see a screenshot of my Intel Core Solo (WTF is up with that) and it being on 10.5.1. The ZIP file you will download has a read me with the necessary files that I myself have used to get my HP on 10.5.1.

Screenshot:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=4jwxmyzfiio&thumb=4

ZIP File Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5xnctfwmjme

CHillmyster03

CHillmyster03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have HP DV6315ca core 2 duo

searching for resolution to my new blue screen problem since updating to 10.5.1

working before update:
video (1280x800), VGA out (1440x900), S-Video to TV also working out of the box
audio with patch
battery with patch
HP remote out of the box
built-in web cam out of the box
USB
Firewire
Volume media buttons
Function buttons for screen brightness, video switching
wireless, patched or it is picked up by OS as built-in ethernet
Built-in ethernet works if wireless is patched
EFI V8 working, profiler FINALLY picks up my processor as core 2 duo, instead of core solo

no working:
audio line-in/out
card reader
PCI slot

all in all almost a perfect system, once I find the solution to my blue screen :blink:

Max1980

Max1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
DV6626us
Processor Brand:Intel Processor Class:Core 2 Duo Processor Processor Number:T5250 Processor Speed:1.5 GHz Front Side Bus:667 MHz Mobile Technology:Centrino L2 Cache Size:2 MB Memory Type:DDR2-SDRAM Installed Memory:1 GB Maximum Memory:2 GB Memory Slots Total:2 Memory Slots Available:0 Total Hard Drive Capacity:160 GB Drive Controllers:SATA-150 Rotational Speed:5400 RPM Optical Drives:LightScribe Double Layer DVD+/-RW SuperMulti Drive:
Additional Drives:LightScribe DL DVD SuperMulti Sound Support:Digital Audio (16-bit) Video Chipset Brand:Intel Video Chipset:Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100 Total Available Graphics Memory (Vista):251 MB Resolution:1280 x 800 Screen Size:15.4 in Screen Type:Active Matrix LCD (TFT) Physical Aspect Ratio:16:10 (Widescreen)

Everything working
execept:
Audio Realtek ALC268
Wireless Intel 3945abg

CHillmyster03

CHillmyster03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Finally got 10.5.1 working by changing the video kexts after update
Almost perfect system, if I can only find a fix for the audio in/out working, not alot of hope :)
also had to reinstall power management bundle after update
EVERYTHING else working, very cool
also dual booting alongside vista

CHillmyster03

CHillmyster03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Has anyone managed to get the line in/out working on an HP. I have everything working perfectly but my audio in/out, even the stupid webcam works but haven't been able to find a way to get external audio, only built-in speakers. Have to use external card whenever I want to record.running 10.5.1 EFI vanilla kernelFor anyone who hasn't seen it, it's pretty cool: system profiler reads model identifier as HP Pavilion dv6000 :)

I have the HP Pavilion dv6205usI installed Leopard using the ToH disc and after installing it, it found the Wireless without any tweaking.It also found my Intel GMA950 display with no issue and was set at the correct resolution when booting up.I have it now on 10.5.1. If you follow the links below this, you will see a screenshot of my Intel Core Solo (WTF is up with that) and it being on 10.5.1. The ZIP file you will download has a read me with the necessary files that I myself have used to get my HP on 10.5.1.Screenshot:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=4jwxmyzfiio&thumb=4
ZIP File Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5xnctfwmjme

mine reported as core solo too until I installed EFI and Vanilla kernel. Now in about this Mac it shows as core 2 duo, and under system profiler it show 2 cores.

trumpetmic

trumpetmic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a dv9000 series and am trying OSX for the first time

Here's some specs:

CPU: Core2Duo @ 2GHZ
RAM: 2GB
HD: 2 x 100GB
Graphics: GFgo7600 256MB

My story: I would love to dual or multi-boot with Vista, Leopard (and possibly Ubuntu). I ran the leopard install and everything went fine. It allowed me to format the second hard drive and install Leopard there.

But when it came time to configure the boot loader, I chickened out because I didn't want to lose Vista booting. So, I just rebooted without installing the boot loader.

Now I have Leopard sitting on the second drive and I don't know how to boot it.

Any ideas?

(complete b00by, i mean... n00b here. thanks!)

nrrtv

nrrtv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I have a dv9000 series and am trying OSX for the first time

Here's some specs:

CPU: Core2Duo @ 2GHZ
RAM: 2GB
HD: 2 x 100GB
Graphics: GFgo7600 256MB

My story: I would love to dual or multi-boot with Vista, Leopard (and possibly Ubuntu). I ran the leopard install and everything went fine. It allowed me to format the second hard drive and install Leopard there.

But when it came time to configure the boot loader, I chickened out because I didn't want to lose Vista booting. So, I just rebooted without installing the boot loader.

Now I have Leopard sitting on the second drive and I don't know how to boot it.

Any ideas?

(complete b00by, i mean... n00b here. thanks!)

Just use EasyBCD(http://neosmart.net/...syBCD 1.7.1.exe) on vista. Add a new entry and choose MacOSX. Easy.

Aurelio

Aurelio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Is nVidia 8400m working? I need resolution 1280x800 is this possible?

attempts

attempts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
the easiest multiboot solution i've found is from: http://www.digitmemo...ot-setup-guide/

If the PC is Vista only, put ntldr(get one from your XP installation CD), tboot and a boot.ini file to your Vista boot partition, for example
[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=c:\tboot

[operating systems]

c:\tboot="Mac OSX Leopard"

Vista will automatically detect and add the Leopard entry on next boot.

it works, and it's easy!

that said, i have dv9260nr (i think)
i have kalyway 10.5.1 installed. everything works pretty much except:
no battery indicator (going to try the powermanagement solution from elsewhere here and hope time machine can save me)
front row works, but if i poke around in there a bit, the screen goes grey and i can't get it back on
sleeping seems to work, but if i try to wake computer, the screen goes grey and i can't get it back on
audio line out doesn't work with azalia.kext
that's all i can think of now.

anyone else have solution to similar problems? thanks!

Beniboy

Beniboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
IAtkos v1.0i
works awesome but-

no wifi-
going to use usb wifi :D
no webcam- who needs a webcam ;)
no sound- this needs fixxing :(
anybody know a fix for the sound?

HP DV6565us
2 GB RAM
1.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 dual-core processor
200 GB Serial ATA hard drive
8x LightScribe DVD-/+RW drive
WebCam
3 USB, 1 FireWire
1 VGA, 1 S-Video
expansion port 3 connector
ExpressCard 54/34
5-in-1 memory card reader
Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
10/100 Ethernet
Intel GMA X3100, 384 MB shared memory
windows Vista Home Premium (with Media Center capabilities)

lionskin

lionskin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi Guys,

I'll be getting a dv9000 (intel) in a few days from work, and have one question seeing that there has been successful installs of leopard. Will the keyboard and touchpad work ? or would i have to patch it ? . I'm asking because on my previous laptop the keyboard and mouse pad did not :(

Thanks and best Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy