ToH DVD -- what's up?

Bumppo

19 posts in this topic

I burned the ToH DVD using an actual Mac, and it appeared to go well. However, when I insert it into my laptop, it goes through the process of loading drivers, and then comes to some sort of Linux-looking screen and hangs indefinitely. There's some sort of message involving MAC framework, and then it just stops.

Any idea what's happening? Thanks in advance.

make sure you burned the disc on the slowest speed possible (1x) to prevent small burning errors. I think that can cause that problem sometimes. also always list your detailed system specs for the computer you're trying to install onto (especially if the processor is SSE2 or SSE3) otherwise people might look at the thread and move on without replying because they don't want to wait for you to post the relevant info...goodluck!

I burned the ToH DVD using an actual Mac, and it appeared to go well. However, when I insert it into my laptop, it goes through the process of loading drivers, and then comes to some sort of Linux-looking screen and hangs indefinitely. There's some sort of message involving MAC framework, and then it just stops.

Any idea what's happening? Thanks in advance.

Do you have Realtek 8139 network card?

Hey out there...

@theakseffekt: yeees, this is a problem. Had the same problemt: Installer's crashing before starting the installer... I just disabled my network card in the BIOS an it worked perfect... BUT: I can't get network working afterwards. I tried it several times... Once it worked. But I had to reinstall Leo again and I didn't get it to work... Don't know why.

The good news is I finally booted into the dvd successfully :) . Unfortunately I get a black screen with an underscore (_) after leo reboots after installing :) . I'll try installing it now using my IDE dvd drive and my OSX hdd on primary boot device *fingers crossed*.

bump

[edit]

After:

• not getting in the leopard install menu (dvd: stuck @ kernel panic (mdnsresponder/coreraid/com_apple_rtl8139))
  • getting it installed, but not to boot in2 Leopard (from my hdd: stuck at black screen with blinking underscore)
  • getting it installed, but not getting passed the grey screen with the apple logo (another hang),

I finally got Leopard installed :) . It obviously took me a while to get there. First I had to reinstall Tiger on to 1 partition and then I had to install Leopard to another (after disabling my onboard LAN in my BIOS settings & after which booting in2 Tiger somehow no longer worked & -having my onboard LAN enabled to soon to boot successfully in2 Leopard, meaning I had to disable it and boot again). Now I have to get my internet & sound working *fingers crossed, again*.

What I'm trying to say with this is to my fellow osx86 fanatics trying to get Leopard OSX86 installed unsuccessfully: keep trying as soon as you find the smallest difference in successfull install methods on here (or other places on the internet).

That and good luck!

:D

[/edit]

ToH > full working but needed Darwin Bootloader instalation on my comp.

You can use the Kalyway Boot Patcher for Leopard to fix the no-boot issue in ToH (either pre-install or post-install). I keep this DVD (burned the ISO to DVD) handy because in addition to DU and the patch, it includes iDefrag (similar to SpeedDisk or Diskeeper, but for HFS+ volumes), and works in Hacintoshes as well as real Macs.

Now I just need to get resolution-switching fixed (I have QE/CI working; however, resolution-switching is busted) for my X6150PRO AGP-based Hackintosh.