VMWare Fusion on Leopard

xxDriveNxx

44 posts in this topic

Guest Snowski

Fusion v1.1 working fine on my system since I installed it. Watch out with Bootcamp and Vista though cause it can mess things up. I'm running XP SP2 in vmware.

• 3 weeks later...

VMWare Fusion is FINALLY working - even though I had QE/CI enabled by adding 0x71c4 to my 10.5.1 ATIRadeonX1000.kext 's Info.plist (as shown by my text above) apparently it wasn't enough. I grabbed ATIinject.kext, put in my T60p EDID in the Info.plist and rebooted - POOF - I could change display resolutions and more importantly... VMWare Fusion starts correctly! Weee!

Notes on get QE/CI working FULLY on a T60p FireGL2 5200/X1600 [0x71c4] (apparently mine wasn't working 100 percent even though all of the effects were hardware accelerated) are here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=598228

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...6812&st=360

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=69345&st=0

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my friend,

I'm pretty much in the same situation (same machine, etc.) but ATIinject doesn't seems to work for me.

Can you please send me your ATIinject.kext and ATIRadeonX1000.kext?

So that I can check to see what's different :-)

Thank you

VMWare Fusion is FINALLY working - even though I had QE/CI enabled by adding 0x71c4 to my 10.5.1 ATIRadeonX1000.kext 's Info.plist (as shown by my text above) apparently it wasn't enough. I grabbed ATIinject.kext, put in my T60p EDID in the Info.plist and rebooted - POOF - I could change display resolutions and more importantly... VMWare Fusion starts correctly! Weee!

Notes on get QE/CI working FULLY on a T60p FireGL2 5200/X1600 [0x71c4] (apparently mine wasn't working 100 percent even though all of the effects were hardware accelerated) are here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=598228

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...6812&st=360

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=69345&st=0

i keep getting "invalid serial" error. i got the key from the site.

This could be because of the kernel panic that you may have experienced. I have tried this (every version of Fusion) on a box running Tiger 10.4.11, Tiger Server 10.4.11 and the same thing happened. It only works fine on my Leo ToH RC2 10.5.2 install.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this. :D

Hi my friend,

I'm pretty much in the same situation (same machine, etc.) but ATIinject doesn't seems to work for me.

Can you please send me your ATIinject.kext and ATIRadeonX1000.kext?

So that I can check to see what's different :-)

Thank you

This frustrated me enough where YES, I WILL give you my text editted and hex editted kexts! These are from my 10.5.1 installation on my T60p. Good luck!

ATIinject.kext.zip

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip

Hey men,

you are my hero :)

Not only ATIinject now works flawlessly, but also sleep works perfectly and fusion runs again !!!

The grahic subsystem is definitely the cornerstone ;-)

Now my Leopard rocks .....

Thanks again

This frustrated me enough where YES, I WILL give you my text editted and hex editted kexts! These are from my 10.5.1 installation on my T60p. Good luck!

I'm using Leopard (Kalyway) and with VMware-Fusion-1.1.1-72241 it works fine. I have an Intel setup with GMA950 and Celeron D 347 SSE3.

Currently XP Professional is installing and has reboot once to complete setup and no errors. It's also quite fast, faster than a typical machine. Of course it probably helps that I'm using a disk image rather than optical media.

I can toss in a posible solution.

Me too was suffering from this Quartz 1216 error, although everything was indicating that QE was "supported" by my graphics card (ATI Radeon x1550).

What I did was using the Kalyway 10.5.2 update combo. When I tried after updating, VM fusion was working. With a Native partition. (unity not tested yet)

But, I encountered an other problem, boards with a Jmicron raid specific. When running a physical windows setup in vmware (and it seems Parallels too) Windows hangs on "jgogo.sys". It is not needed under fusion, because Mac tells HDD information, but I cannot delete it, because that's my physical Windows, and I need that to work also outside natively.

I'm going to do a search to fix that, or if anyone knows a switch I can use in boot.ini to exclude a file from being loaded, saves me some days in searching :wacko:

• 1 month later...

This is a Quartz Express problem. When this error occurs, that means your Quartz Express is not working, you can confirm that by using System Profiler -> Hardware -> Graphics/Display under the Displays: you can look for Core Image and Quartz Extreme, if you don't see supported at Quartz Extreme, that means you would have this mksQuartz.c problem. Look for the right driver for your video card and install it.

In my case, I have a NVidia Quadre NVS 285 card which the default driver from KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD is not correct. I have the use the NVInstaller on the DVD to correct the problem. After that VMware is working. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same problem and tried EVERYTHING and it does NOT work...

My Computer is DELL I6400, with graphics card X1400, where QE/CI is enabled,

I think the problem must be the LCD screen resolution, only 1024 * 768 * 32 is supported

You guys any suggestion?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

is happening to me aswell ;)

Latest Version: 1.1.3 | 5/30/08 | Build: 94249

NOT_REACHED bora/mks/main/mksQuartz.c:1220A log file is available in "/Users/Sexypc/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows XP Professional 2.vmwarevm/vmware.log". Please request support and include the contents of the log file. To collect files to submit to VMware support, run "/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/vm-support.tool".We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.VMware Fustion unrecoverable error: (vmx)Cannot find a valid peer process to connect tois

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Tried this with Fusion 2.0, doesnt work for me. Is this a graphic card issue?

It is a QE/CI issue...

Question, is there a way to "fake out" Fusion so it will still work with QE/CI? I have a Dell E4300 with a x4500 graphics card. At the moment, there is no working kext for it, so I need to look at other ways to get Fusion working. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. Thanks!

Mark