Asus P5K-E and Leopard $$$ Now with iATkOS.. first post updated $$$

vikingboy

190 posts in this topic

hi ^^ this its my first post on this forum, xcuz me for my poor nglish... ill try to do my best x"DD

macmaniac said:

To get sound-out working I installed the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.

To get ethernet working I installed IONetworkingFamily.kext.

i hd a lot of problems while installing new leopard with xp and vista, but in the end, after 2 days of read, read, read... yah and read more n this forums for 2 days... it works! :):D the nly problem t i hv left its with sound/ethernet on my p5k (nly p5k, not p5k-e, deluxe or other models), i try to did some things and tricks like install some scripts t i can found on this forums (from p5k-5 p5k deluxe and more... not for p5k), but all of them ends on crash when reboot... (ever crash result n reinstall, patch again.. about 2h each time... LOL x"DD) but i think macmamiac method can fix it... so.. can anyone train to xplain how can i do this method of install this 2 kext? im little nub on mac world... :$

PD: thx 2 everyone who can do osx86 a reality :D

PD2: my specs... p5k, quadcore, 2gb 667 Kingston, 300GB&200GB sata2 Western Digital, 8800gts, external usb DVD ... all work fine xcept sound/ethernet

hi ^^ this its my first post on this forum, xcuz me for my poor nglish... ill try to do my best x"DD

i hd a lot of problems while installing new leopard with xp and vista, but in the end, after 2 days of read, read, read... yah and read more n this forums for 2 days... it works! :):D the nly problem t i hv left its with sound/ethernet on my p5k (nly p5k, not p5k-e, deluxe or other models), i try to did some things and tricks like install some scripts t i can found on this forums (from p5k-5 p5k deluxe and more... not for p5k), but all of them ends on crash when reboot... (ever crash result n reinstall, patch again.. about 2h each time... LOL x"DD) but i think macmamiac method can fix it... so.. can anyone train to xplain how can i do this method of install this 2 kext? im little nub on mac world... :$

PD: thx 2 everyone who can do osx86 a reality :D

PD2: my specs... p5k, quadcore, 2gb 667 Kingston, 300GB&200GB sata2 Western Digital, 8800gts, external usb DVD ... all work fine xcept sound/ethernet

check here http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2566

sound works but not ethernet

CJS i tried this patch, but in the end... crash again :S:S 4 n t mourning.. 2 entire days over PC and osx... im so tired, im going to bed, and try again tomorrow x"DD ... theres any way t i can install only audio kext ?? if well... plz xplain it to me or give another link... thx again :(

hi guys i need your help. i am using the same motherboard only difference is a quad core. anyway, my problem is that i cant even boot. i get this error: com.apple.boot.plist not found.

i downloaded the retail version, patched it with brazils patch burned the iso 3 times and i still get this error. hope u guys can help me. what could be the problem???

cheers mike

ey mike i hd the same problem, after a lot of time of work and work and did a lot of different things... the nly way for me to boot correctly on p5k was using an external DVD cz jmicron dsnt work on ahci, ide, compatible, enhaced o whatever u want to try... always the same error as u... so i read on other forum about the problems of jmicron and then i tried to use an external DVD and it works at first time ^^ good luck, and if someone can responf to my previous question... Can i install a single kext for sound to my board? and if its possible... how? thx all, good luck :unsure:

Hello guys. I wanna install "ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso" on my PC, i have Intel Core 2 Duo E6750,Motherboard P5K-SE, 2 GB DDR 2, graphic card Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT, 2 HHD-SATA,DVD-RW LG,and i attached another network card (RTL 8139),but i use now the onboard Attansic network card. I did boot from DVD ,the "ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso" and eberything seems to be okay,until i get this " RTL 8139: FIX ENET CONTROL--FLOW IS DISABLED" and " STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE". Please help me,i don't know what do i have to do,how could i install this on my PC. Can i install it,or my motherboard doesent support it?? Please help my to fic this problem. Can someone help me? Please,if you know,just tell me if it's possible or not. Thanks a lot.

hi again guys ^^ after few hours of more reading, i think the best way to run audio un p5k its this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642 why? cz after read about some methods (someones skilled, others problematic...) this one run for each one on each motherboard, and u can fix the ID whithout problem and its a simple way...

but my last problem (i think xD) its when i try to modify azalia kext cuz i dnt hv this kext installed... :S (AppleHDA and others yes, but AppleAzalia dsnt appear) so.. if im a nub... can anyone xplain me or give me another link to see how can i download and put azalia kext correctly? (not modify, nly download and copy, i cant find it :S:S)

thx all ^_^

DRAKGO thx a lot for that tip, just one question if i get a SATA DVD drive will it fix the problem?

or shall i just use an USB DVD drive? how can u start on the p5k-E from usb anyway? i dont have any usb options in my bios. i have an IDEtoUSB adapter and i tried it with the adapter but as i said i cant boot from USB. any more infos, and tips? thx a lot i have to say this is an amazing community! :P

mike

ey mike, for boot from usb u need to connect external drive ON to pc before turn ON this last, and then motherboard recognize it, so, go to bios setup, select boot priority and u ll see it, easy :) (put jmicron AHCI as well... most pple said t it fix a lot of posibble problems :P) good luck ^^

PD: can anyone give me a link or something for download AppleAzalia kext plz? i cant find it... :D (using Leopard ToH RC2)

Hello again. I was looking for an answer,but unfortunately i didn t find something about my motherboard. I have Asus P5K-SE,Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT , 2 hdd SATA,2 GB ram- 667 , dvd-rw ide. What do i have o do to install an MAC OS X on my PC? It doesent matter if is Leo or Tiger (older version). I just wanna install it,so guys,please let me know if i have a chance with my PC. Any help appreciated,thanks a lot.

it works!! at last works!! :D:D it if helps see... for pple who has p5k and hv problem installing sound... this works for me very fine :Dhttp://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642 and isnt a skilled way, if u hv problem with no existing kext and more, try to use Pacific 2.5.1 from Charlessoft, it work perfectly for me too :D:D good luck for all ^^

PD: p5k, quadcore, 2gb 667 Kingston, 8800gts, 350&200GB sata2 WD, all works xcept internal ethernet left... for now, 4days of work from total nub >:]

@drakgo

congrats man on your working setup... have fun

@lemarqq

you cannot boot ToH RC2 dvd with an IDE dvd drive.. you have to have either SATA or USB DVD..

coz ToH leopard doesnt have drivers for IDE of P5K mobos..

you can try installing the flat image of leopard or else Jas 10.4.8 Tiger which will work fine

@macmike

the option in BIOS to boot from USB comes AFTER you connect a bootable USB drive

else just press F8 while booting and it'll show your USB drive as an option to boot

@everyone

anyone tried the 10.5.1 upgrade yet on this board?

ok guys thanks so much. i got it running. i am able to install. i hope i did the partitions right. since its a clean install new harddisk. i choose one partion journel mac named it Leopard 100GB rest i made Fat32. i used the Leopard disk util to make it.

then i installed from the patched brazil mac dvd and ticked off everything under costomize except the main system files. after that i rebooted did the patching as explained in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=68698

after the patching i try to boot and nothing. just black screen with a blinking _ . cant boot from the harddisk. i can boot anytime from the dvd but all i get is only the Mac OSX installer from the dvd. any idea waht i did wrong? my guess its the boot record. that the harddisk is not booting like under windows master boot record. but i might be wrong too. hope u guys can help me once again.

mike

hey mike :censored2: i had a problem with patch too.. see... im using Leopard ToH RC2 (ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso), and i dnt need any patch (except dd/bless trick to boot properly on primary master, partition1 XP, partition2 OSX... easy way), try to use it (r nly few gb), and for partition and more, i used utility disk under installation menu with np.. good luck dd :angel:

PD: had anyone installed properly internal ethernet on p5k?? (nly p5k, not p5k-e, deluxe...) thx!

DRAKGO - what sound have you got? 2 chan stereo or full HD audio?

hi ^^on preferences appears "HD Audio Output" but nly 2 speakers stereo works, and no input devices... dnt works at 100% buts its better than no sound, good luck ;)

PD: can anyone help me to install ethernet on p5k? (no p5k-e, deluxe... nly p5k, any kind of help r welcome) thx!

ahhh come on there has to be a way to make it work even with the retail version macbrazil patched version. i dont wanna download the Leopard ToH RC2 (ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso), it will take forever again to download. do u have a rapidshare link at least? ;)

but hope u guys can help me get the retail patched version working. thx mike

sorry mike, im a noob so i cant help so much... :stretcher: x"DD i said try ToH cuz i know it works, im using it... and if u hv a problem with speed download, try to use a torrent client well configured with good trackers, its the best way to download :P (im using uTorrent on XP & Transmission under Leopard)

PD: try to read more post, rlly theres a lot talking about patching... good luck ^^

PD: can anyone help me to install ethernet on p5k? (no p5k-e, deluxe... nly p5k, any kind of help r welcome) thx!

yeah paulo.. i have the same chipset... and having the same problem... sometimes it works okay but mostly its unable to find network seconds after boot..

do you have your connection settings as "automatic DHCP"?

what about your ethernet port.. is it working fine?

The same here, my connections settings are "manual" and my ethernet port is not recognized. Take a look at this thread I started to find a solution.

Cheers,

Paulo

Hello again. I tryied to instal LEO FLAT IMAGE ( It's all patched with the BrazilMAC patch. 1.

Grab the torrent. 2.

Extract leopard-x86.rar to the folder 3.

Open compmgmt.msc and select Disk Management 4.

Remember what disk (Disk 0, Disk 1 etc) you want to install to 5.

Remove any existing partitions on that disk by right clicking and selecting 'Delete Volume' and 'Delete Partition' 6.

Copy the .bat file for the selected disk to the folder WARNING!!

Selecting the wrong file may result in a wiped disk!! 7.

Execute the .bat file and wait.. 8.

Reboot into the created disk [by pressing Esc, F12 or whatever your mainbord wants] and boot into a fresh osX 10.5 install, you can now select your login info, location and so on. 9.) ........I did it exactly like he said,but after 2-3 minute it's appear a grey apple,and then a circle with a line in the middle,and i can't do anything at all. Please,someone help me. I have :Asus P5K-SE,Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT , 2 hdd SATA,2 GB ram- 667 , dvd-rw ide.Do i need maybe USB keyboard? Or my videocard isn't ok for that? Please,someone help me,and advice me how to fix this out. Thanks,and excuse me for my bad english.