Asus P5K-E and Leopard $$$ Now with iATkOS.. first post updated $$$

vikingboy

190 posts in this topic

@blunotte69

ok the symptoms u are giving seems like kernel panic

thats strange... maybe the kexts in the modified script has some issues with your wireless card...

try using the script immediately after installing leopard.. that is BEFORE installing natit or wireless drivers... then reboot and see if your system still gives kernel panic

also, whil starting up leopard, press F8 and the boot prompt will appear.. type -v in that and press enter..

your system will start in verbose mode and show you any errors thats causing kernel panic

alternatively, try unmodified asap18's script from here...

http://rapidshare.com/files/66878902/p5ke.zip

@CJS & Olivier-h

I stand corrected... it indeed looks like a way to only shrink partition..

here is another interesting discussion on the same topic...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=64632

@radx

if you just want to delete files,you can boot ToH RC2 leopard DVD and delete files thru terminal

@blunotte69

can you explain i detail what you did step by step?

try reinstalling from scratch but WITH rebooting after EACH driver installation or patch

this will help to isolate the problem

also i tried my method only with flat image so cant guarantee if it works with ToH rc2

@Prox

you're welcome man...

can you confirm whats working and whats not on your rig? and which method you chose to install?

as for the proccy prob, it doesnt matter much but you can try setting the fsb correctly while booting and see if that solves it...

find out your fsb by PC wizard and divide it by 4

e.g if it shows fsb as 1,333 then your fsb is 333

now press F8 while booting and input fsb=333 on boot prompt..

if it solves your problem you can apply it on every boot automatically too.

@CJS

resizing OSX partition using Ubuntu live CD is in fact very simple

here is the info if you need it

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=89960

UPDATE: ToH RC2 DVD will NOT boot on P5K-E mobo if you have an IDE DVD drive.... you MUST have SATA or USB DVD drive

same problem, it seems that when i repair permission something go wrong

okay.. i wanted to try out the ToH RC2 DVD and I did it today...

heres what i did

-Installed Jas 10.4.8 on my SATA hdd and updated it to 10.4.9 with combo update

-Installed graphics and wifi drivers and ran asap18's p5ke script

-booted toh rc2 and did an upgrade install over tiger... (didnt erase tiger)

-thats it... working leopard with all my tiger settings and drivers intact.

heres what i found after install.. and some questions if anyone cares to answer..

-all the apps are working fine... including time machine!!! yay!!

-sound working great...

-graphics card detected properly with QE/CI

-processor displayed as core solo... wheres my other core? gone fishing?

-also gone with it is my IDE drive.. looks like PATA controller is not working.. any ideas?

-wifi is acting strange... I'm using auto DHCP.. sometimes it connects promptly while sometimes it refuses even the presence of networks. Router is Netgear WPN824v2

-system shutdown seems to have no problems

-my Logitech Quickcam orbit is still not supported

hmm... i tried installing using the original dvd with brazilmac's patch. but when i shutdown, the power light switches off, but the fans inside are still running (could see it cos they were led fans)...

regarding your other core, try checking activity monitor to see whether there are two charts, which mean two processors. core solo could just be a visual naming problem. i got my core 2 duo though.

not sure about the rest...

hey folks, i tried a flat install and have a problem, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas...

system

asus p5k-e/wifi

3ghz c2duo

crucial 2x1Gb

nvidia 8600gts

3 160 gig seagate sata

lg sats dvd-rw

i did the install on an empty drive and it apparently worked, but when i try to boot the disk it locks up at the loading screen. i hit f8 before it started and entered in verbose mode and it stopped at the following:

localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[83]: starting

any ideas what my hang up may be? Thanks for any info and thanks to all that made this whole thing possible!

Mike

Hello all,

i've got a question about this install : have you the AD1988B OK in your about this mac panel ?

My motherboard is a P5B Deluxe with this ADI sound chipset and my sound does'nt work. My Leo distrib is BrazilMac.

Is it possible to install only the sound part in the p5k script ?

Thanks !

Pan.

PS : i'm french and as everybody knows, french people doesn't speak english very well.... :D

yeah paulo.. i have the same chipset... and having the same problem... sometimes it works okay but mostly its unable to find network seconds after boot..

do you have your connection settings as "automatic DHCP"?

what about your ethernet port.. is it working fine?

yeah paulo.. i have the same chipset... and having the same problem... sometimes it works okay but mostly its unable to find network seconds after boot..

do you have your connection settings as "automatic DHCP"?

what about your ethernet port.. is it working fine?

didn't try wireless, but my ethernet is working fine

I just did a fresh BrazilMac 9a581 install.

My broadcom 4306 based wireless card gave me Airport out of the box.

My graphics required the jccool installer.

To get sound-out working I installed the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.

To get ethernet working I installed IONetworkingFamily.kext.

What I'm getting at, is that the bash script thats floating around here is also installing AppleAHCIPort.kext and AppleVIAATA.kext that don't do anything positive for the BrazilMac method. Like making your DVD drive "forget", sleep issues, etc.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Still forgets the DVD. Somehow looses connection during the energy saver.....{censored}.

EDIT#2: Swapped out the Plextor PX-755SA, and dropped in a Samsung SH-S203B, and like an elephant... it never forgets.

Leopard is working absolutely awesome ok good now.

post-53649-1194797335_thumb.gif

Hi vikingboy, my pc is more or less like yours, but mine has 2 Sata hdd. I don't have any IDE drive, so, can this be a problem?

I tried to install ToH release, but i only have boot errors, i'm using CHAIN0 in boot.ini.

So, i'm gonna to try this flat image release and see how it goes.

Should i boot the drive wich i'll leopard in first place?

Thanx

hi bluefade,

i dont think not having IDE is a problem..

but I havent tried chain0 method yet so dont know much bout it honestly..

you can try booting leopard from its partition... if it works the prob is with the chain0

to do that..

-make sure you have AHCI enabled in BIOS

-make sure your leopard drive is the first in boot priority

-set the leopard partition as active using diskpart

so when you reboot now.. you should boot straight into darwin

@macmaniac

how bout PATA.. is it working fine on your install?

Hi again, i've managed to do all the stuff you said to do, but when it reboots the mac startup appears and then it tells me to reboot again. Whats wrong?

I've restarted and pressed F8, typed -v, and it tells me "Package 0 didn't get an HPET"

I did a little search, and found that i had to delete apple intel cpu power kext, i did it and nothing. When that grey apple appears, it tells me to reboot.

@macmaniac

how bout PATA.. is it working fine on your install?

I'm only using SATA devices. When I first got the P5K-E, I did test IDE/PATA, but only with an old windows drive I had lying around. Sorry, can't help you there....

I like to sort out the DVD powerdown issue. It seems to happen even if the computer doesn't sleep. A disk has to sit in the drive for a while, thats it. I've tried to access the DVD in terminal, but basically, the drive has been turned off. Hot (re-)plugging the DVD gets it going again, as does a reboot.

Has anyone solved it?

@bluefade:

package 0 didn't get an HPET is the result of the CPU powermanagement kext. This can be removed with the BrazilMac method. I have installed with and without the .kext, and other than the message, it seems to work fine both ways. Speaking of which, I had trouble getting the ToH RC2 to boot. It would find the root device, and boot volume, and then do nothing. Have you tried BrazilMac ?

bluefade

This thread is for P5K3, but should work on our boards:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=68698

Nateleav76 does a good job of explaining how to get it all going.

Essentially, its the BrazilMac way, with enhancements.

To do Brazilmac, you need a Leopard GM 9a581 disk, and the patch (search brazilmac on the pirate place). The instructions are with the patch. It took me a couple of tries to get it right.

I prep my drive with Acronis True Image workstation (safe mode), and make my hard drive a Primary Fat 32 partition. I then boot XxX 10.4.10 , use diskutility to make several Mac Journaled partitions. Put leopard on one and tiger on another. The brazilmac method assumes you have an operational tiger partition that you can boot into.

The Compleat BrazilMac http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2008