will there be a newer mac mini

17 posts in this topic

If apple release new mac mini it would has only x3100

Yeah, it's just a minor update unfortunately. Unfortunately Apple seems to neglect their desktops, compared to the Laptops. I see the laptops being updated way more often than the Mac Pro, iMac or Mac Mini. They sell more laptops, one would think they would want to boost desktop sales, but no! I guess they are pandering to their audience.

A mac mini with 8600m! That would just be too awesome...don't think it's gonna happen though, *sigh*

I am told by someone who should know that there will be a stealth MacMini upgrade on or very soon after 12 November with better CPU, video and disk!

I don't think it was a joke so let's wait a week and see.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it...I think they will update the Mini's similarly to the macbooks to x3100 but with slighly slower clocks, like 1.8 and 2ghz, just like they did before...

Yeah, it's just a minor update unfortunately. Unfortunately Apple seems to neglect their desktops, compared to the Laptops. I see the laptops being updated way more often than the Mac Pro, iMac or Mac Mini.

The iMac is updated every 6 months just like the laptops. The mini and pro are the neglected ones, and for the pro it's just because there's not much to change other than graphic cards until penryn comes out so there's little point for apple to update it.

Anyway here's what I see happening:

- January (MWSF 08): new Mac Pros and MBPs with penryn

- February-April: new iMacs with penryn, mac mini gets santa rosa (2.0/2.2ghz) or gets the axe in favor of a new product

- May: Macbook speed bump, still on santa rosa, maybe 2.2-2.4ghz, they won't see penryn until the end of 08

Apple tends to update the mini a few months behind the macbooks, so if it's not getting killed off my guess should be pretty close.

Well, I wouldn't mind the memory being laptop sized, but give me a real core 2 duo for a DESKTOP computer. You know?

A mobile Core 2 Duo is a real Core 2 Duo. The only thing that would cause a speed difference is a slower bus speed, and even that will be negligible for most things.

A mobile Core 2 Duo is a real Core 2 Duo. The only thing that would cause a speed difference is a slower bus speed, and even that will be negligible for most things.

Exacly. I want a core 2 duo that has a good rating for a front bus speed, that does give a push of performance.