71 replies to this topic

mdg

mdg

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 255 posts

I used this guide.
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=73952

Worked well with the Flat-image+10.5.1 update install and Brazilmac.

I've installed your method and must give you kudos :P works great!

Now, questions, questions....

I can only get your method to work if the drive is MBR. In Hatchery I select Hackintosh for Arch and it works.

Now I see your sig - GUID and EFI...

When I try the EFI trick in the EFI thread, format GUID and select Intel from Arch in Hatchery, it doesn't work.

Your EFI in your sig...is it GUID or MBR? When did you apply the EFI patch, after you installed flat image? I tried this also, and after I apply the EFI patch I only get blinking cursor.

Can you update your guide to specifically and chronologically articulate how you get GUID, EFI and your method to result in an install that one could upgrade to 10.5.1 and can do future "Software Updates"?

Thanks a million in advance!!!

/mdg.

cRuNcHiE

cRuNcHiE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Any ideas why when i plug my usbhdd (which has had the flat image cloned onto it) into my macbook pro to delete the Extensions.mkext, the extensions.mkext on the usbhdd seems to regenerate itself after a few seconds?!?!?

royco

royco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I've installed your method and must give you kudos ;) works great!Now, questions, questions....I can only get your method to work if the drive is MBR. In Hatchery I select Hackintosh for Arch and it works.Now I see your sig - GUID and EFI...When I try the EFI trick in the EFI thread, format GUID and select Intel from Arch in Hatchery, it doesn't work.Your EFI in your sig...is it GUID or MBR? When did you apply the EFI patch, after you installed flat image? I tried this also, and after I apply the EFI patch I only get blinking cursor.Can you update your guide to specifically and chronologically articulate how you get GUID, EFI and your method to result in an install that one could upgrade to 10.5.1 and can do future "Software Updates"?Thanks a million in advance!!!/mdg.

I used disk utility's restore function to install the flat image using GUID. I should update the how-to probably later tonite, the Leopard server install is taking much of my time these past few days :-0

Any ideas why when i plug my usbhdd (which has had the flat image cloned onto it) into my macbook pro to delete the Extensions.mkext, the extensions.mkext on the usbhdd seems to regenerate itself after a few seconds?!?!?

Its because you are deleting them from a Leopard install which rebuilds them right away. You should delete them from single user mode -s.

tripleboot

tripleboot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Success after getting "Package 0 didn't get an HPETP" over and over again and rebooting/repeating.

Yes only one HD. After extracting .bat it booted to Leopard desktop. (Don't manually reboot yet!)
Go to your Leopard drive on your desktop>System>Library>Extensions> and delete "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" also delete System>Library>and delete "Extensions.mkext."

I then rebooted and to Leopard desktop with sound. I haven't hooked up my wireless yet for internet connection.

(This is on my older PC)

Vista Business/XP PRO
P4/3.4
WD 80GB 7200 HDD
Asus P5GD2 Deluxe MB
1GB-DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 6600/256
SB Audigy 2 6.1

tripleboot

tripleboot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Unable to get network on USB wireless Linksys. USB ports not recognizing the hardware

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Unable to get network on USB wireless Linksys. USB ports not recognizing the hardware

time to change your name ;) tripleboot (wireless leo - not)

I think USB wireless devices are pure luck if you get them to work.

tripleboot

tripleboot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

time to change your name :P tripleboot (wireless leo - not)

I think USB wireless devices are pure luck if you get them to work.

You got that right. Name doesn't fit these days. Always hackn' and experimenting. Working on the flat image on a pc in another room which has the Linksys wireless USB. I've tried several drivers so far. No luck. Does't pick up on any of the 6 1.0 USB or 4 2.0 highspeed USB ports. When I pop my 1gb flash drive in shows the icon right on the desktop.

MatNeh

MatNeh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hi all,

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P 2.0 board and the ethernet doesn't work with the flat image. OS X says the ethernet cable is not plugged in, and none of the lights are on. Any suggestions?

The chipset is RTL8111B (Realtek Gigabit)

Thanks!

mythandoryx

mythandoryx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi Royco,

Thanks a lot, for he guide. It's fantastic. Great work, really.

I would've really appreciated it, if you would help me a little on this, I'm running Tiger for more than six months now on my LG S1 Pro Laptop with no problems. I use Acronis OS selector to dual boot with vista, everything works fine.

Now, i tried your method of getting Leopard installed. The thing is, I only have one internal 160 Gb HDD partitioned as Follows; Vista (40Gb), Hackintosh 10.4.10 (80 Gb), and an Exchange Fat32 40 Gb partition on it. I'm using an extra 320 Gb USB drive as a storage. I didi everything as you explained. I tried to clone the flat image on a 20 Gb partition I created on that USB drive, used H1, cloned perfectly, fixed permissions, fixed boot, deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, but when I boot, Acronis OS selector hangs when I double click the new OS. It sees that there's is a new bootable partition, but it fails to launch it. Not just that, but It also hangs when I try to launch Tiger as well!! when I turn the power off on my USB drive, I works perfectly again..

Please tell me what to do!! I so much want to see leopard running on my system. Thanks in advance.

mythandoryx
------------------
LG S1 Pro
Intel Centrino Duo 2.0 T7200Ghz
1.5 Gb DDR RAM
160 Gb SATA Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 512 Mb

royco

royco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
IM not that familiar with Acronis oS selector but I think Ive read that the acronis needs an upgrade for it to see the leopard partition( not sure about this). You could try using different boot managers like BCDedit for vista( The genius bar section has a tutorial for it). You could also try to make the Tiger install active and boot manage from there.

bluejob

bluejob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi there, i tried to follow your guide but can't seem to get past the part where clonetool is used. when i press the hatch button, it asks me if i want to erase, i erase, then it complains that "Intel Mac Mode requires a GUID partition table. The target disk you selected has: FDisk_partition_scheme" i partitioned my external drive using diskutil and selected master boot record from the options. i set the arch to "intel mac". by the way, im using a macbook pro to do all of these instructions, will there be a difference if i used a hackintosh or real mac?

KiD KuN

KiD KuN

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
After installing this flat image. Can install 10.5.1 System Update?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy