Leopard Flat-Image Install guide on any partition size

royco

72 posts in this topic

Hi guys... (first timer here)...

I have Vista on one HDD and now Leopard on the other. I installed using the Flat-Image method and I also get the "Package 0 didn't get an HPET"...

I read in the instructions that you need to erase a file. How can I do it if I only have Vista and can't boot Leopard. If I use F8 before the logo, and type -s in the boot: prompt, after I press enter the booting process continues and doesn't allow me to type the following commands (mount, rm -rf, reboot). How can I go about to delete the file, what am I doing wrong?

Help will be greatly appreciated people..!

Best regards,

Chale

Chale,

Install MacDrive, get it from where you got your flat image. It allows you to read/write to HFS partitions.

enteck, what hardware do you have? Have you successfully installed OSX86 previously on this hardware?

No, I havent previously installed OSX on this machine. I am trying to install on a Dell Dimension 4600i. P4 2.8, 1.5gb ram, standard basic dell board. Do you think its a hardware issue?

Hi,

I am working in Leopard (the flat image) and I wanted to use this guide to move the flat image to another HDD (320GB). I cannot mount the img in Hatch, so I tried to mount it in Toast 8. I succeeded in mounting it with Toast, however I cannot select this mounted drive in Hatch. Any suggestions?

Regards, Cybex

Dreamaker,

Your hardware seems to be compatible,tho you might want to search on getting the 2600XT to work( maybe it needs special kexts to boot). You may also want to try experimenting with BIOS settings, specially in the IDE/AHCI areas. Other than that Im out since Im not familiar with your motherboard.

Dreamaker,

Your hardware seems to be compatible,tho you might want to search on getting the 2600XT to work( maybe it needs special kexts to boot). You may also want to try experimenting with BIOS settings, specially in the IDE/AHCI areas. Other than that Im out since Im not familiar with your motherboard.

Tnx for answear royco!

I thing that it is not trouble in videocard, because this is the native cards in most Mac hardwares like new iMacs and so on. So I thing it must work...

But it doesnt boot :(

Anyway tnx bro, I'll try to find out this 2600XT kexts and will try to boot again.

Q: Maybe would be better to download Brazil Patched DVD ?

Tnx. Wait for your ideas2fix up my troubles!

Tnx for answear royco!

I thing that it is not trouble in videocard, because this is the native cards in most Mac hardwares like new iMacs and so on. So I thing it must work...

But it doesnt boot :(

Anyway tnx bro, I'll try to find out this 2600XT kexts and will try to boot again.

Q: Maybe would be better to download Brazil Patched DVD ?

Tnx. Wait for your ideas2fix up my troubles!

Have you successfully installed OSX(Tiger) on your current hardware? Actually you might want to try the Tiger DVDs like the Kalyway or XxX version. They are more stable and developed. Brazilmac patch dvds are ok too( Ive tried them also) but you might want to look for a dvd that doesnt require an installation of Tiger to patch( the original brazil mac version needs a working install of Tiger, but they got around it by including the patch in the dvd)

or.. you might just want to do a reinstall of your flat image.

Have you successfully installed OSX(Tiger) on your current hardware? Actually you might want to try the Tiger DVDs like the Kalyway or XxX version. They are more stable and developed. Brazilmac patch dvds are ok too( Ive tried them also) but you might want to look for a dvd that doesnt require an installation of Tiger to patch( the original brazil mac version needs a working install of Tiger, but they got around it by including the patch in the dvd)

or.. you might just want to do a reinstall of your flat image.

Now, I didnt tried to install Tiger in my machine.

I just want to install clean Leopard on my PC with no pre-installed Tiger or something else...

If You have links or know names of releases to install it please let me know!

Does the Brazil Patched DVD require installed Tiger?

I thought that is clean patched Leopard X86 DVD.... am I right? or wrong?

Tnx again!

Now, I didnt tried to install Tiger in my machine.

I just want to install clean Leopard on my PC with no pre-installed Tiger or something else...

If You have links or know names of releases to install it please let me know!

Does the Brazil Patched DVD require installed Tiger?

I thought that is clean patched Leopard X86 DVD.... am I right? or wrong?

Tnx again!

For Tiger,

• XxX 10.4.10 DVD
  • Kalyway 10.4.10
  • Uphuck 10.4.9 V1.3
  • JAS 10.4.8 PPF1 PPF2

Initial release of the Brazilmac patch required a Tiger install to make the dvd and patch it after install, but I believe someone released a version of the Leopard dvd with brazilmac patch included in the dvd. So you can run the patch script from the dvd intself, no tiger needed.

I think it is this one , altho you might want to ask the poster if it is so.

Leo Patched_DVD-PC -Intel-SSE3-only

You might also want to look at the TOH RC2 Leopard DVD, it installs from the dvd no Tiger required. There is a discussion of this in the forums if you get into booting problems

hey, everything worked great till I rebooted. NOw it sits at the apple logo spinning endlessly. I ran the -v at the prompt and it gave a ton of errors 42, 95,98,100,102,111,113,115,117,119,121,123,125,127,129,131,133,135,137,139,141,14

,145,147,149,151,153,155,157,159 I stopped writing them down afetr the 159. can you help me? should I try the installatiion again?

yo dude try this code it worked for me:

diskutil list

diskutil unmount "/Volumes/volume name"

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1 bs=512 count=1

/usr/misc/startupfiletool /dev/rdisk1s1 /dev/rdisk1s1 /usr/standalone/i386/boot

/usr/sbin/bless -device /dev/disk1s1 /dev/disk1s1 -setBoot -verbose

diskutil mount /dev/disk1s1

/usr/sbin/bless -mount "/Volumes/volume name" -setBoot -verbose

Hello.

Its works great!

Do i have to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ?

Because my Leo works fine with this file.

CPU: 6420

MB: P5K deluxe

RAM: 2GB / 800Mhz

VGA: 8800 GTS Gainward - detected as 256, worksfine after g80 mac.nub kext

Even wifi card was detected.

Under Ubuntu I downloaded the flat image... But I don't know if I have to format in hfs first before to dd If=... And also don't know how to format in hfs under Ubuntu !

I want to put it on my sda1...

You don't need to format the drive at all.

DD writes the image byte for byte, that means it's an exact copy of the original HDD that the image was taken from.

This means that DD Writes its own partition, 20gb or so, and fills it with the data contained in the image, formatted to HFS allready.

Hope i got it right ;-)

-Nma

i know so so english but i try this method..

i download unpaked the rar file

mount on tiger end copi image whit Hatchery_H1

when i reboot i select boot from the disk than i've install leopard but when the apple could appear the pc reboot.

have some idea for this crash?

i've a asus p5b premium (disk is ahci mode) whit core 2 duo processor and 2gb of ram and ati radeon x1950pro

thanks for all than can help me..

Success!!PC Spec is in sig...First i installed mac.nubs 10.04.10 creating 2 partitions, 1 20 gig for Tiger and the rest for Leopard.Once Tiger was up and running, followed the instructions exactly except i didn't choose erase disc in the hatch (actually it wouldn't let me!) prolly cause of the whole just one drive thing! :)deleted AppleIntel.... fileRebooted. F8 to boot into Leopard and WOW!! first time, straigght in, all my hardware detected.Haven't tried time machine yet, think that may need a patch, also not tested sleep.Thanks to All!!!

<edit> screengrab attached!post-145962-1195666407_thumb.jpg

Do I really need two harddrive to install the flat img, is there anyway i can use only one HD?
I only used one drive to do it, my post should be above this one hopefully.HTH

Success!!PC Spec is in sig...First i installed mac.nubs 10.04.10 creating 2 partitions, 1 20 gig for Tiger and the rest for Leopard.Once Tiger was up and running, followed the instructions exactly except i didn't choose erase disc in the hatch (actually it wouldn't let me!) prolly cause of the whole just one drive thing! :)deleted AppleIntel.... fileRebooted. F8 to boot into Leopard and WOW!! first time, straigght in, all my hardware detected.Haven't tried time machine yet, think that may need a patch, also not tested sleep.Thanks to All!!!

Thats good to hear Ianz, So far this is the best Leopard install for me right now. Easy and Quick. I also successfully installed it by just using any OSX dvd with access to the .img file via disk utility. No need for windows or even a running OSX install.

Will you be trying the pc_EFI patch and upgrade to 10.5.1? If you do could you report if the GMA950 worked on that board? Sleep should work after the EFI patch. I am building a Micro ATX hack and the one I have is working pretty good( Sleep and all) but I am having quality issues with the ECS board and was eyeing the ASrock board. Report back if you have updates.