A Human

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi! I sites about PS3 and OSX.
So i created one:

Project "Conspiratio"

The register w/o email activation. So register is easy.

And the first thread about bootldr:
http://conspiratio.w...hread.php?tid=4.

P.S. : Yeah it on russian hosting :D :)

SneeR

SneeR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm from Ukraine and yeah I can't go on your sites "404" error. А вообще интересно что ты делаешь )) респектосики

ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
Same here in the USA

micato

micato

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
OSx runs on PS3 ???

Azurael

Azurael

How many Ace Rimmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
As far as I know, MoL doesn't work on G5 PPCs (the PS3 PPE/360 CPU cores are essentially instruction-set compatible with G5s, though they lack instruction scheduler hardware and are thus painfully slow clock-for-clock vs a 'real' G5 for unoptimised, generalised code.)

Perhaps it would be possible to 'fix' MoL, though performance would suck with only 256MB of RAM available for the host and guest OSes combined. A direct boot is in theory possible, but you'd have to write drivers for all the hypervisor emulated hardware even if you could get round bootloader issues.

The other option is PearPC, but I don't know if it acts as only a virtualiser when running on PPC or if it retains it's PPC emulation code. Either way, it would suffer from the same caveats as MoL.

And FWIW, I think the 360 would make a better target platform. You're not going to get accelerated graphics on either unless you write a driver from the ground up, but a 'violated' 360 has the benefits of 3x the useful processing power and 512MB of usable system RAM...

KellyKelly

KellyKelly

-|0 ,.,>\\\<,., 0|-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:HACKINTOSH, MUSIC AND ANIME [INUYASHA, FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, AND mORE hehe ]
what about xbox360

(MoC)

(MoC)

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Interests:Plenty.

As far as I know, MoL doesn't work on G5 PPCs (the PS3 PPE/360 CPU cores are essentially instruction-set compatible with G5s, though they lack instruction scheduler hardware and are thus painfully slow clock-for-clock vs a 'real' G5 for unoptimised, generalised code.)

Perhaps it would be possible to 'fix' MoL, though performance would suck with only 256MB of RAM available for the host and guest OSes combined. A direct boot is in theory possible, but you'd have to write drivers for all the hypervisor emulated hardware even if you could get round bootloader issues.

The other option is PearPC, but I don't know if it acts as only a virtualiser when running on PPC or if it retains it's PPC emulation code. Either way, it would suffer from the same caveats as MoL.

And FWIW, I think the 360 would make a better target platform. You're not going to get accelerated graphics on either unless you write a driver from the ground up, but a 'violated' 360 has the benefits of 3x the useful processing power and 512MB of usable system RAM...

Very well said. Anyway a HackBox 360 sounds cooler than a Hackinstation 3 :shock:

Drink_teh_w0rm

Drink_teh_w0rm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Very well said. Anyway a HackBox 360 sounds cooler than a Hackinstation 3 :)

Lol, only if you like incredibly poorly designed consoles :) Maybe I'll go overheat somewhere for a while...

aquanutz

aquanutz

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Lol, only if you like incredibly poorly designed consoles :D Maybe I'll go overheat somewhere for a while...

I'm a fan of both... but you want to talk about poor design? Lets talk about the CELL processor. It's a pain in the {censored} to code for that thing...

(MoC)

(MoC)

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Interests:Plenty.

Lol, only if you like incredibly poorly designed consoles :blink: Maybe I'll go overheat somewhere for a while...

Dude, I'm going to buy a PS3. It's just that the 360 would probably be more suitable to do OSX than the PS3... :rolleyes:

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts

It's a pain in the {censored} to code for that thing...

You tried?

Anyway...

I'm a fan of both

Anyway a HackBox 360 sounds cooler than a Hackinstation 3

Maybe I'll go overheat somewhere for a while

...it is late.

littlestevie

littlestevie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

what about xbox360

it is techinally possible to boot mac off it....

i could see a lot of work getting it done tho...

darwin emulator being built into XeLL with suports for HFS+ and the mach_kernel (currently XeLL only supports a limited kernel set)

Not to mention the work that would go into getting the console to work.

The ATI Framebuffer is a mess under linux, altho its more likely to be able to get it to work under mac now that i have seen radeondump (which would need to be built in to the driver as it needs XCode from the NAND to Initialise.

it would be a lot of work... but is strangely tempting (once i figure out my hackbook problems)

y0ungSir

y0ungSir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I would love to see osx run on a ps3 smoothly, but there's no access to the rsx.

uncleakamai

uncleakamai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Did this ever go anywhere??

Ren.

Ren.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It's sadly dead I guess, I don't see any point of running OSX on the PS3. It will always be sluggish due to restrictions of access to hardware. Damn Sony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy