[HowTo] HP NC6220 (Intel915 Graphics) Working and in harmony with XP

PanterA

35 posts in this topic

Hello,

Thank you for the tip.

Fortunately, there is a much simpler and more clean way to achive the same goal: take a fasten, twist it so that it looks like a U and plug it into the VGA output -- one point the first right hole of the middle line (of holes) and the other point in the second right hole of the bottom line. Reboot your computer and it works :-).

EDIT: oops I did not see the previous post giving a similar trick.

EDIT2: sorry, I mentioned the wrong hole positions to link with the fasten. It's corrected.

I am running 10.4.7 with a 915GM chipset, I have core and quartz working like a champ.

It was not very difficult for me, just had to download different kext from the this forum.

If you have the same chipset let me know.

Hey sorry I forgot to update. 10.4.7 on Intel 910/915 GMA chipset, with core via pin bridging of 1-6 and 2-12. I had to delete all kexts labeled anything with "GMA950" in them, then repair and reboot. Weird but it's worked for me on two installs now.

• 3 weeks later...

I just hit FN-F7 keys at the moment the grey screen turns blue. This switches the output to the vga port, momentarily. Then OS X automatically switches back to the LCD and continues booting under 10.4.6 jas

Wish I could get ethernet working as I can't do anything with this without internet! :)

• 4 weeks later...

thanks a lot, guys.

acer travelmate 2428 AWXMi :whistle:

works like a charme with JaS 10.4.7

and this lovely little dongle

(also took the paperclip).

QE & CI supported @ Intel GMA 900.

AC97 sound, NIC, 56k Modem..

:censored2:k ..it´s running

better than on my AMD-PC! :(

I am running 10.4.7 with a 915GM chipset, I have core and quartz working like a champ.

It was not very difficult for me, just had to download different kext from the this forum.

If you have the same chipset let me know.

hey Bak3r,

could you please send me the kext? just pm me. i have the 915GM chipset too.

thanks for helping

• 7 months later...

hi,

when i boot up my machine with the external monitor. I manage to get a picture on the external monitor. How do I set mirror mode to get the picture on my lcd aswell? will the settings remain so that i can boot up with the vga dongle / paper clip?

thanks,

tuxx

EDIT: fixed with diabolik's gma900 kexts

• 6 months later...

Hey,

Heres one for you all. My cousin being the computer fool that he is screwed his laptops xp permissions up royally. I being a mac guy and computer savy and a good relative that i am offered to fix it as long as i could guinie pig it to see if i could get osx 86 10.4.7 running on it. I installed with no problems save that his drive needed formatted which i backed up already and didn't mind doing. The install went well and i had no problems save that when i restarted it came up with the apple and little spinning load screen but then it gives a little gray square over the apple and inside the square is a crossed circle(sort of like the no smoking signs sans the ciggarette). I'm sure this is a stop error but i'm not sure what to attribute it to(seeing as there are like 101 different things it could be). i happened to see this discussion and thought of when i reinserted the install disk and only got a blue screen and figured you guys might have encountered the same stop error i'm not sure if it is something already addressed or not eh...could be but if i get it working on his laptop i'm on to putting it on my brand new desk top which is running vista(ICK!). His machine btw is an HP pavilion DV 4000.

Thanks in advance for any help

Dan

• 4 months later...

Hey all, I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to add that a Dell Inspiron 1300 i borrowed from work needed the dongle trick to get it to boot without an external monitor.

I used the picture a few posts back and some pieces of paper clips to connect the pins mentioned, and everything works great! So this method works. I also believe I needed to use the Diabolik gma fixer, which was included on the install disk I used (10.4.11 XxX).

Thanks again!