GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2 with Leopard

jackyyuen

174 posts in this topic

ok, worked (almost) perfectly with kalyway 10.5.2! only the audio in is not working.

i have a pentium D 945 3.0, 1gb of ram (markvision), nvidia 8400 gt and 3 hds, 2 of them sata and one ide.

has anyone got audio in working?

:rolleyes:

Lucky you, i can't download the end of the kalyway because of my internet limitations, but if anyone knows about my problem, it would be good.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
pfft I've gotten my board to 360 without any problems

No way, how? I am stuck at 3.20 but my processor wants to do soooo much more. The issue for me is that PCI locking seems to be failing.

No way, how? I am stuck at 3.20 but my processor wants to do soooo much more. The issue for me is that PCI locking seems to be failing.

i can't get higher than 320 in osx, but in windows i've been up to 360

10.5.3 Works good for me too. Though I still can't get front panel, 5.1, and spdif working at the same time.

For Audio I now have Front Panal Headphones, Mic, Rear Panal Line in, Mic In, and Line out... as well as SPDIF in and out all working. I cannot get 5.1 analog working with all this. Anyone else had any better luck? Basically it's all I am missing.

10.5.3 update worked too 4 me but the reboot dont work anymore ! Pleas Help in 10.5.2 all worked so well with that Board !

THX

Stop Spamming the damn board. When someone feels like answering they will. DO NOT keep bumping. It's newish and annoying!

Instead goto GOOGLE.COM and type reboot issue site:insanelymac.com

It is not very hard. It is where I got my answer from. You need to get a modified ACPIPlatform.kext and your problems will be solved.

• 2 months later...

:wacko: i'll make a lite tutorial:

1) download burn kalyway 10.5.2

2)insall from a disk

3) customize:

selected:

kernels - vanila kernel

grafics - intel gma - 950 (i am using ati videocard so my choise was diferent)

third aplications

patches -time mashine fix

unselected:

translations

aditional fonts

sse2

leave:

audio

network

mobo chipsets

4) finish instalation

5) download kalyway patches from http://www.mediafire.com/?gc2ft1hv8qh

6) extract and install all patches (some readme added)

7) reboot

8) download kalyway combo update 10.5.3

9) run update after it installs wait few minutes (dont push retart or inslall kernels included in updates)

10) than pus the reset on your computer or push power button and wait 10 sec.

11) computer wil restars few times

12) download and install updates from software updates (including 10.5.4 update)

thats all :D

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, i downloaded Idened 10.5.4 for my asus EEE. ANd it works just well.

I installed it on my GA-945GCMX-S2 today, but i'm getting stucked at the boot screen with the spinning part.

I can't copy the text a get when I boot -v because the pc is pluged on my TV and it is unreadable.

Ill work on that.

DO you guys have any idea what i did wrong?

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys can we keep this thread alive for all users who wanna install the latest stuff.

for example me:

i have this motherboard and a 7600gt 256mb. but when i install ideneb v1.3, i never get it to shutdown properly. i installed the power off fix but that didn't work either. the screen goes blue when shutting down and the quicktime circle spins infinitely.

anyone got this board working 100%? if so, what exactly did you install?

simon

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys can we keep this thread alive for all users who wanna install the latest stuff.

for example me:

i have this motherboard and a 7600gt 256mb. but when i install ideneb v1.3, i never get it to shutdown properly. i installed the power off fix but that didn't work either. the screen goes blue when shutting down and the quicktime circle spins infinitely.

anyone got this board working 100%? if so, what exactly did you install?

simon

i have some news, i talked to a guy that has the 956gcmx-s2 working perfectly, he says. he's using a boot123 with retail leopard and DSDT.aml for his gforce 8500gt and the OpenHaltRestart.kext for proper shutdown.

simon

i have some news, i talked to a guy that has the 956gcmx-s2 working perfectly, he says. he's using a boot123 with retail leopard and DSDT.aml for his gforce 8500gt and the OpenHaltRestart.kext for proper shutdown.

simon

Hey guys it's me again. Now i installed 10.5.6 retail that i got from the bay and burnt on dual layer. I used boot 123 that i got from an insanelymac tutorial, i used the one version that's got more kexts than the basic one.

Now sleep works! With my geforce 7600gt 256mb.

Shutdown still hangs, what should i install? Anyone knows how to fix shutdown?

I think i'm only a few steps away from a perfect system!

Simon

hey guys, whatsup, it's me again.

i am actually having a healthy pissedness just now - i tried everything but never get that damn board to work properly like i real mac - i mean the entire shutdown thing.

also, at some point i found out that quartz extreme was not enabled. {censored}! i tried everything and it gave me a headache. after searching for a while in the web, i found a hint on the menoob.com site that you have to delete the nvkush.kext out of the Extras folder to get it work. however, still had to add an efi string via efistudio for my 7600gt - after that it worked perfectly...and geekbench jumped up 30 points.

but the darn shutdown thing does not work. i followed this guide (i didn't do anything with dsdt.aml):

http://menoob.com/2008/09/04/hackintosh-in...il-dvd-on-a-pc/

except the fixes in the end, i followed it exactly. i've tried all kinds of shutdown fixes before, like openhaltrestart.kext, but nothing works.

what works on this board? has anyone gotten this to shut down properly??? if so, how?

simon

what works on this board? has anyone gotten this to shut down properly??? if so, how?

simon

I've just built a system based on this board and everything works as it should.

I installed from a retail disk using munkey's hidden partition method. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127330

The kexts inside the EFI partition are:

dsmos.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

I put the DSDT.aml and com.apple.Boot.plist at the root of the EFI partition. The Boot.plist holds efi strings for ethernet and video (7600gs).

Completely vanilla installation, and sleep, shutdown, audio, LAN all work.

• 5 months later...
Iji oh: yes, it works with Tiger, tested myself.

Scrizz: I don't know, I've attached a bracket (optional), to the mainboard SPDIF header and my decoder is doing the job of

making it sound in dolby when available. I can try and post.

Good Luck!

I have the bracket too, but for the life of me, I cannot get it play audio out through the Digital port. I've tried selecting the Digital out in Audio prefs. I have even done a codec dump from linux. I spdif panel has a light on it so I'm sure it's connected ok.

Any ideas anyone?