GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2 with Leopard

jackyyuen

174 posts in this topic

Hmmm.. After reading the threads here.. I stuck my 2x2gigs into my board..

Gues what? It works.... currently running IATKOS with 4gig on ram

Thank you sooo much, now if i could trouble you, is all 4 gigs addressable? Can you access it all *even though it says 4 gigs it may give you less access*

How do you check this..

THe bios boots with 3.3gig detected..

iatkos and system info show 4gig...

Thank you sooo much, now if i could trouble you, is all 4 gigs addressable? Can you access it all *even though it says 4 gigs it may give you less access*

How do you check this..

THe bios boots with 3.3gig detected..

iatkos and system info show 4gig...

Some sort of memory testing program?

what problems??any success using KALYWAY 10.5.1 using this mobo??

i have seen other peoples sig and i know kaly works with this board but, i keep getting failed installation msg. i have a dvd that i know will work i have yet to try it on the new rig.... i am sick and i need to rest.....will post results

These are the bios settings that worked for me, Steady. (pasted below from another thread)

Everything worked "out of the box" using Kalyway. Sleep, however, does not work so far...

BIOS SETTINGS ARE VERY IMPORTANT ! SO THIS IS A BIOS SETTING TEMPLATE :

To your CPU CONFIGURATION section :

MAX CPUID VALUE Limit (or similar) : Disabled

Vanderpool or virtualization : Disabled

CPU TM Function : Enabled

Execute Disable Bit (or called NX or XD on some mobos) : Enabled (the most important, if not enabled the result is reboot loop with vanilla kernel)

To your POWER section :

ACPI 2.0 Support : Enabled

ACPI APIC : Enabled

I Use Kalyway and all works

I make picture from my BIOS this evening and post tomorrow

!!!! Only one problem : Hitachi Desktar 7K160 SATA2 is very slow, my old IDE is better. If someone can help me.

Excuse my bad english.

These are the bios settings that worked for me, Steady. (pasted below from another thread)

Everything worked "out of the box" using Kalyway. Sleep, however, does not work so far...

BIOS SETTINGS ARE VERY IMPORTANT ! SO THIS IS A BIOS SETTING TEMPLATE :

To your CPU CONFIGURATION section :

MAX CPUID VALUE Limit (or similar) : Disabled

Vanderpool or virtualization : Disabled

CPU TM Function : Enabled

Execute Disable Bit (or called NX or XD on some mobos) : Enabled (the most important, if not enabled the result is reboot loop with vanilla kernel)

To your POWER section :

ACPI 2.0 Support : Enabled

ACPI APIC : Enabled

thanks iji oh....fellow new yorker....( i'm in S.I. )....i'll give it a try later .... i got wicked food poisioning and, i need to just chill in bed for a minute

hello everybody,

i am using this motherboard too.

so far i have got no problem using it under leopard (iatkos v1.0).

but everytime i try to use the overclock settings in the mobo bios to increase the fsb i get the stop sign while booting on the grey apple screen.

perhaps i should mention that i am using a sata drive.

if i install leopard on an IDE drive, i dont get this error.

what should i do?

is SATA faster than IDE drives?

Best regards,

strengi

thanks iji oh....fellow new yorker....( i'm in S.I. )....i'll give it a try later .... i got wicked food poisioning and, i need to just chill in bed for a minute

Steady... Glad to help anyone from the land of Wu Tang!

Get well, homie.

One thing... Someone here mentioned that FSB 1333 doesn't work for them. It's a known issue that this board doesn't support 1333--even though it says so right on the box, and in the Gigabyte's documentation. This is not just a problem for OSX86ers. I've seen several posts in overclocker's forums, etc.

Question: Has anyone tried Kalyway or iAtkos on the newer version of this board? It's called the GA-945gcm-s2c.

Hi,

Since I did a bunch of research on this I thought I should share.

I have an Asus P5L-VM 1394 Mobo, but this should be the same for all intel 945G motherboards (not for 945GZ or others).

4GB of Ram works with the chipset, my board has 4 slots and I am using 4x1GB but it should be the same if the board supports 2x2GB.

About this Mac / System Info/Profiler will show 4GB installed.

BUT... and it is a big BUT. 945G is a 32 bit Chipset. You can run all the 64 bit processors and OSs you want but it will never have enough memory address lines to address a 64 bit memory space. So 32 bit chipsets can address up to 4GB of memory, but there is a DMA hole that the computer uses for addressing hardware from just above 3GB to 4GB that gets eaten by all of your hardware interrupts / Direct Memory Addressing.

I don't know what the effect of this is on running a 64 bit OS is, but I run Leopard with out problems.

What I do know is that my system reports ~3.2 GB ram on POST and that is what I have available when I look in activity monitor.

I have seen friends Santa Rosa i965 based Mac Book Pros that have 4GB ram and it shows 4GB avail. in activity monitor.

So there you go.

Cheers and good luck. For me 3.2 GB is better than 2 GB (works great for paralells), and the extra 2GB were less than $50.

I am now running a NV 7600 GT 256 MB graphics card instead of GMA 950 and I have lost about 160MB usable ram as a result. (due to DMA mapping of 256 rather than 80 MB video ram).

is this mobo supports Intel E6750 and E6850 w/ 1333 FSB for hackinstosh?...can anyone cinfirm this

I doubt that it supports those chips at 1333. I have the e6550 and I'm forced to run it at 1280 fsb (which puts the CPU speed at 2.24 instead of the 2.33 its listed at). I've read elsewhere that this board just doesn't support 1333---even though its advertised as such.

For more detailed information on this board and those particular CPUs, you should search some of the popular overclocking forums on the Web.

well,

i am sure, that this motherboard works overclocked for me. but only with an IDE drive connected as system drive.

I'm using it with an S-ATA harddrive, overclocking my E2180 to 2.4 GHz. Runs Kalyway 10.5.1 with vanilla kernel just fine.

i got this mobo with a E4500, and checking the cpu temp it shows 50C with temperature monitor soft in leopard. When i boot into bios (10 seconds later) it shows 30. Do you think is normal? can you post your cpu temps to compare?

I doubt that it supports those chips at 1333. I have the e6550 and I'm forced to run it at 1280 fsb (which puts the CPU speed at 2.24 instead of the 2.33 its listed at). I've read elsewhere that this board just doesn't support 1333---even though its advertised as such.

For more detailed information on this board and those particular CPUs, you should search some of the popular overclocking forums on the Web.

Nice! What BIOS settings did you use? I have the e6550 and 1333mhz hangs the system for me too.

Kalyway fails at the last minute every time I try to install. I am using this Mobo

Thats what my install log says... any help?

that is the same what happens to me, when i try to install kalyway. it only occures when i install os x on a guid formated partion. the installationprocess completes when the partition is formated with mbr! the drawback in this case is that the system cant boot without the dvd in the drive.

i heard, when the installation doesnt complete, the dvd isnt burned properly. im not sure about this because i have burned the image three times and the result was always the same.