Written by: Plasm
Many, Many Thanks: Krazubu, Takuro, sportman, & JaS
This is a small tutorial on how to enable the option of "Open Using Rosetta" for iLife '06 applications. Here's how you do it. For this example, we will be using iMovie:
1. Right-click on the iMovie application.
2. Click "Show Package Contents"
3. A Finder window should show up entitled "iMovie HD", and there should be a folder called Contents.
4. Open Contents, and double click "Info.plist"
5. Scroll down a ways to the bottom, and look for:
6. Change <true/> to <false/>, or just delete it.
7. Save the file.
8. Then, open "Disk Utility" and repair disk permissions.
9. After permissions are repaired, go to /System/Library/ and delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext.
10. Simply reboot, and...
...Voila! The "Open Using Rosetta" option should now be under there in "Get Info". This works for all of the other iLife '06 applications.
EDIT: If deleting Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext doesn't do anything, try moving the application from one directory to another. Also, what will definitely do it, is duplicating the file, however that may take a while depeneding on the speed of your computer and the side of the file.
Edited by plasm, 16 January 2006 - 08:21 PM.