unable to determine UUID for host error 35 ? in Leo

yozh

25 posts in this topic

Every time I try to use SUDO or do something with diskutility or change root passwd this comes up

CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

I`m on SSE2 kernel self patched on IBM ThinkPad x41.

Very strange. Any one else with this ?

Yep , same errors here.

Don't know what this is but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Greetz

Axethrower

After a bit more searching. I found that TOH kext supposed to fix it I dont know if its true or not. Not home now to try.

Axethrower do you have a problem with SUDO as well ?

Hi,

I used the ToH kext but when I do diskutil list I get the error.

But not with sudo commands.

Axethrower

And sudo commands work ok ? are you able to do sudo passwd root ? and change the password ?

there is discussion about this over at the apple support forums. so, it's not a "hobbymac" problem.

as it's not really affecting performance. i've decided to wait for an official update to fix the problem.

i was wrong. it is our problem! argh.

there is a file to create UUID's I beleive the CFUUID.h.h file is stored in CoreFoundation..so if you have xcode try to have a look at it...

That file has somthing to create UUID's ...but my guess is that it is not working..like maybe it checks for the type of computer...so we may need to figure out a way to patch it...

okay well if I do ioreg -i >ioreg.txt I get a few diffrent IOREg's but on the computer that is having the problem I get none...so I am thinking we could try to create a driver (like natit...)that adds these values into the registry...

i have this error in my logs, but it's not effecting me (no prompts, etc.). I actually have sleep working with the download from 10.5, but speedstep isn't so hot with my CPU's throttled to 1200mHz and no way to change them. Need to play around more with this, but also wanted to take care of the UUID problem... cheers - jl

• 2 weeks later...

I got this error during verbose boot of the brazilmac dvd. No problems until now. Just updated itunes to 7.5, it freezes on startup. So i launched iTunes from terminal (/Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes), and get this error. With Tiger, this command would launch iTunes with no errors.

Weird how this error pops up everywhere....

Edit: this error actually comes up when launching ANY app from terminal... dunno why iTunes is broken.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...